Looks - Do you think?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Make it simple: Do you think a girl will treat a guy she knows for some time and likes his character very much only as a friend, without developing any romantic feelings for him only because the way he looks?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah. Definitely. Not all, but a lot of girls are shallow like that.

"I like him and all, it's just truth be told I don't want to be seen in public with him."

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure. And the other way around can happen also.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh yeah. Definitely. Not all, but a lot of girls are shallow like that.

"I like him and all, it's just truth be told I don't want to be seen in public with him."
I think that quote refers to the guy's reputation. I mean like a lonely gick for example.

I don't think it refers to an ugly guy. Am I wrong?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No matter the guy, the situation will remain the same.
Unless the guys have lots of money of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My number 1 motto in life...No fat chicks. (It's really RTFM, but for the sake of this thread it's no fat chicks. Yes, yes fat chicks need loving too, but they're likely not going to get it from me.)

Yes, it's definitely possible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hypothetical situation:

you and your friends walk into a bar, there's 2 chicks, one is stunning, the other looks like someone superglued cornflakes to her face. you know nothing about either of the two girls. but you want to get to know one of them.

my money is on wanting to get to know the hot one.

even if she turns out to be a complete ****.

fact is, without physical attraction, romance fails.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it simple: Do you think a girl will treat a guy she knows for some time and likes his character very much only as a friend, without developing any romantic feelings for him only because the way he looks?
It's possible, but remember this: Standards of beauty for men are a lot more forgiving than they are for women. We're allowed more leeway in weight, height, and overall appearance. So long as you keep yourself groomed well and workin on losin a bit of weight, you should be fine for all but the hottest of women.

The part I bolded is the important part of your post. If she's been a friend with you for quite some time, you may as well give up on any romantics. What is more important is assertiveness and charisma. Sure, a guy can be there through her rough times offering words of advice or a shoulder to cry on, but unless you make it clear you're interested from the beginning, you've already lost.

This is the same issue brought up with so-called "nice guys" who think girls aren't interested because they're nice. It's because "nice guys" bide their time(usually out of fear of rejection) instead of taking a chance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hypothetical situation:

you and your friends walk into a bar, there's 2 chicks, one is stunning, the other looks like someone superglued cornflakes to her face. you know nothing about either of the two girls. but you want to get to know one of them.

my money is on wanting to get to know the hot one.

even if she turns out to be a complete ****.

fact is, without physical attraction, romance fails.
just about to post something like that.

Most of all 'starting' relationships start not because you know them, but because you think they're cute.

It's possible, but remember this: Standards of beauty for men are a lot more forgiving than they are for women. We're allowed more leeway in weight, height, and overall appearance. So long as you keep yourself groomed well and workin on losin a bit of weight, you should be fine for all but the hottest of women.

The part I bolded is the important part of your post. If she's been a friend with you for quite some time, you may as well give up on any romantics. What is more important is assertiveness and charisma. Sure, a guy can be there through her rough times offering words of advice or a shoulder to cry on, but unless you make it clear you're interested from the beginning, you've already lost.

This is the same issue brought up with so-called "nice guys" who think girls aren't interested because they're nice. It's because "nice guys" bide their time(usually out of fear of rejection) instead of taking a chance.
Very very true. Friend zoned so god damn much due to being a pussy. but I started being a lot more outgoing than I normally am and I think I have a chick interested in me, so win.

I'm just showing signs i'm interested a lot in her, lawl.

also, I may be a kinda big guy myself, so naturally i like somewhat big girls, but none of those ****ing fat ass fatties. It disgusts me on three parts when a real real fat chick comes into play. One, because they're fat and it looks gross, and just as important, it looks like they don't take care of themselves or have self control, and lastly but as important, if this is how they look like now, what will they look like in 10 years? 20?

****ing disgusting sack of ****, that's how.

but yanno, I hate really skinny girls too. I like it when girls have a tiny bit of a gut, but not a fat ass.

Force Pit Member
Best answers

Forgot to mention that, im just curious, this is hypothetical.

Hmm, I know about assertiveness and charisma, but she may have a charismatic and assertive friend, but he will still be only a friend. Only because his charismatic and assertive that doesn't mean she will fall in love with him or close to falling in love, or am I wrong?

BTW talking about assertive and charisma, how people who aren't like that gonna do?

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, I may be a kinda big guy myself, so naturally i like somewhat big girls, but none of those ****ing fat ass fatties. It disgusts me on three parts when a real real fat chick comes into play. One, because they're fat and it looks gross, and just as important, it looks like they don't take care of themselves or have self control, and lastly but as important, if this is how they look like now, what will they look like in 10 years? 20?

****ing disgusting sack of ****, that's how.

but yanno, I hate really skinny girls too. I like it when girls have a tiny bit of a gut, but not a fat ass.
Dude you have the most messed up taste.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there needs to be some sort of attraction between the two, and I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

For instance, let's say we have a girl who loves video games, knows about the internets, and has other geeky tastes that most girls would not even bother with. Slap that on a hotty, then I bet many of us would find her awesome. But if she's a socially awkward, overweight, unattractive girl, which is common, I bet our opinions would not be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom