look out!! the biggest noob at mapping!!

Best answers
ok...i started with worldcraft...i went to "THE BIG MEGA THREAD OF MAPPING" and i did everything. i started a tut...this one - http://www.esf-world.com/tutorials/first_room.html. now, u c the 3d view? the background is blue. for me - black. i dont know how to change it....

i would realy appreciate the help of mappers. thank u

p.s: further help will probably be requested...

Best answers
right thats cuz u didnt read it well enough, his background is blue cuz he seleceted the Sky texture...

Read all the tuts there, then start mapping

Best answers
next....i finished my map, followed the tut and when i press go, it says (in the console of the game...after it had compiled and everything) "map change failed: could not find "myfirstmap" in *something* directory"
i hope u know what im talking about....
can u help me?

Best answers
he used the wrong compile tool taz00, he didnt use the ZHLT, read the tutorial on compiling by taz00 on esf world

Best answers
hmmm...i followed that tut and now i find out...i have a leak! but where? how do i check where do i have a leak and how do i fix this problem?

btw....thanks

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, check your compile log for errors, mostly it says wich brush is causing trouble. If not you'll just have to look for a hole in your sky, check all the corners, an make sure sky brushes overlap eachother. like this
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/overlap.JPG

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
http://www.egir.dk/index.php?page=vhe_leak.php

There's some good methods there, the pointfile is probably the most useful of the bunch. The "light" method (where you put an über-bright light inside the level and a huge box around it to see where the ligh leaks through) is effective but takes FOREVER to compile on large maps. You can also cover 1/4 of your level with a solid cube, and see if it compiles without error. If so, you know that the leak is in that 1/4 of the map.

Hope this helps. :p

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just check your skybox as i said.

Best answers
Right u should read the sticky again then...

Best answers
You get just natural dumbasses then u get people who are two damn lazzy, i read tutorials and in 2 months i learnt how to make circles, room objects (to scale) and how to judge the size of the maps, also how to make water falls of lava etc. So i could do whatever i wanted it just took a while to do, now 4 months later i can do all that off the top of my head when im looking at wordcraft, maybee u should actually read the whole of the tutorials and not just look at the pictures!!!

ill give u 1 tip dont use hammer, it compiles badly even with Zoners because it doesnt suport them very well

Best answers
-=UFC=-X_Factor said:
ill give u 1 tip dont use hammer, it compiles badly even with Zoners because it doesnt suport them very well
Thats just the stupidest thing ever, Use hammer, Ofcourse, use it for compile, hell no, Support??!!? WTF, thats just stupid, dosnt support em very well OMG, it supports anything, its just a matter of knowing commands...

But still i did like u, with reading tuts, i never aksed one darn question in 2 years, then now im here, well the first year was just sorta on and off, one week work, 2 months of no interrest, then a week/weekends work, etc...

Best answers
i did read the tuts...i didnt look at the pics!! duh!!! how stupid u think i am!? sorry for not being an einstien at mapping!!!
and i compile using TAzOO's tut. and it worked just fine.
btw tazoo - thanks. realy helped. :)

OH! and tazoo - in ur ratz map, how did u do the beam in the remote control? can u write a short tut for that?

Best answers
Thank you, but i dont hold the credit, only for writing the tut, Its Zoners and Xp_Gageys compile tools, and Eddi's gui that does the work :)

Best answers
TAz00 said:
Thats the biggest loada
Yep, okay so what, from what i heard they for some reason dont work with hammer, and hammer is crap at compiling if u use zoners with WC + hammer look at the size difference the hammer map is bigger....

its not just i that have noticed that

but i dont wanta start off here on the wrong side of people, cus i get on with u fine at ESF world

Best answers
anyways...
thanks all...

now i wanna start mapping a map for counter strike....any good tuts?

Best answers
-=UFC=-X_Factor said:
Yep, okay so what, from what i heard they for some reason dont work with hammer, and hammer is crap at compiling if u use zoners with WC + hammer look at the size difference the hammer map is bigger....

its not just i that have noticed that

but i dont wanta start off here on the wrong side of people, cus i get on with u fine at ESF world
HEY U ALTERED THE QUOTE!!

Hammer is **** on compiling anything, with anything, on anything.

Right and WC and Hammer is the same thing... SIZES ? hell no, its the same, just hammer is an updated version... And the limit of maps size is controlled by the hl engine, not the editor....

Cant belive u altered the qoute to something i didnt say.... But yes u say some pretty dumb stuff...

Best answers
pls dont make this thread a flamming and a spamming thread...
take it somewhere else...
now, can u please help me with CS mapping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom