Look! Esf in De_aztec! FAQ!

Best answers
This is for 1.1 ONLY!!

I'm not sure if this has been done before...But I bet A lot of people don't know how to do this. Here I recorded two demos, one 13.5mb which I cannot upload due to size, but someone has uploaded a short 933kb demo for me.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~pkeen/aztec.dem (Thanks to Quicksurfer in #esf for uploading it for me!) To play the demo, start up a regular game and type in console "playdemo aztec.dm"

You MUST have the cstrike.wad, de_aztec.wad, and de_aztec.bsp to play the demo.

Anyway..It shows me and someone else playing on Aztec for a short amount of time if you want proof. The other one is 13.5 mb, very good but long. Now, for anyone interested on HOW to do this, read on. (I hope this is stickied.)

1. Go into Your Cstrike Folder. Right click and select "Copy" on the file de_aztec.wad
2. Go into your ESF folder and paste it in there.
3. Go into you Cstrike Folder and right click and select copy on the "Cstrike.wad" file.
4. Again, paste it in your ESF folder.
5. Go into Cstrikes/Maps and copy the De_aztec.bsp
6. Go into ESF/Maps and paste the map into there.

Done and done! Now go into "Create Game" and select De_aztec. It's fun, trust me! In order to play with someone who created, they have to go through the same procedure. It's best if you NOT have Podbots installed, it MIGHT cause some Errors.

This goes the same for any map requiring a .WAD file. Any that do not just follow steps 5-6.

You MUST have the Cstrike.wad file in your ESF folder.

FAQ by : NTK.ne0 (#intel - d.) and #intel - k.

Well, I hope this catches on. At least I contributed something to the ESF community now..

If you have any questions, just ask!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could easily reclose it and delete your account while I have my CP open . . .

Care to take me up on it?? Be satisfied with what you were alloted.

Best answers
what did he do wrong? and also, de_rat's 1-3 would be fun like that

Best answers
Really I agree, he was just trying to spread a way to have a little fun, nutin wrong with that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DE_Aztec is a bad choice for ESF. I'd go w/ CS_Assault, something with some big space, also I wouldn't use the CS Rats maps because of all the entities, I'd use the HL Ones (The ORIGINALS!) so converting would be much easier.

Best answers
gasworks and bounce would be good.... bounce would bring back those gaussjump times.... beamjump :D

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that it's any of your business . . . but he had an attiude on IRC, and carried it here, and made addtional demands after I reopened it. His comment was unneccesary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom