Logo

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once again I require the assistance of the talented people on this forum...

I need a Logo.
I need one for the website I'm making and I really can't start without it!
Because I need to integrate the logo into the website for a more professional looking look ( obvious no? :) ) which isn't that hard to do but in all honesty.. I'm about as creative as a bag of ****, so my request for you guys is.
Design me a "simple" yet original looking logo!
Which I bet wouldn't take you guys so long

Thanks in advance
Prozac

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm... whats it for? whats it need on it? i might give it a shot

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great!!

It's for a website I'm trying to design, nothing special.
to be honest I've got nothing ready yet, so what does it need? that's up to you
I'll base the website logo ( colour, shape w/e )

Best answers
This is more or less what I do for a living. Post up some info about your company/website. Include the purpose of the site, theme, demeanor of the site and any other pertenent info you can give. It makes the creative process a lot easier when you're not shooting in the dark.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oke,

It's a professional website for a printing/pressing company ( no clue if that makes sense hehe )
It should be a basic, sleek, logo that is simple but still recognizable!
People should look at it and say, yeah that's from that company
Use of strong color(s) that stands out would be nice but isn't needed

Best answers
Screen printing? Offset printing? And do you have a name for the website yet?

Best answers
A name of the company would probably help since one could make a logo using the inicial/s.
Unless you have a company pet =P

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kermitdude said:
Screen printing? Offset printing? And do you have a name for the website yet?
Aye

"The Flyer"

sorry for not posting that earlier
still the company name isn't required in the logo, but if you can do something nice with it, go right ahead
Whatever you want really, but offset would be nice ;x
( it's just a little project so the logo probably will stay digital, so it doesn't really matter )

Best answers
Ok... I'm really really trying here. Lets assume you dont know what offset printing, screen printing, dye sublimation, heat transfer or anything relating to the world of printing in general is. I'll ask this one simple question and I pray to Cthulu that you can answer it:

What does your company do?

Best answers
Kermitdude said:
What does your company do?
Prozac said:
It's a professional website for a printing/pressing company ( no clue if that makes sense hehe )
Correct me if I'm not pointing out the obvious.

Best answers
Correct me if I'm not pointing out the obvious.

Thanks for the obvious, Mr. Oblivious.

Ok, here's where I break down my mortal coil and unleash divine wisdom to the masses, thus sanctifying this most unholy thread and introducing the apple that brought nakedness to Adam & Eve. (Damn that wisdom)

Offset printing: Google it
Screen printing: Google it

Company name/Website: The Flyer (We're golden here, Rayna)

The statement: "Whatever you want really, but offset would be nice ;x" makes about as much sense to me as it would to anyone else that had no context whatsoever to apply it to. I have a little bit of context here, but I'm still confused even though I've been in the commercial arts industry for over 10 years.

Not to start a flame in a thread where I'm just TRYING to help someone at random out, but if the only thing you can add is ("huh huh, looky, uh huh, like, theres uh huh, totally ahuh sentence up dare") then please, I recommend the command C:\> del *.* at the dos prompt.

dank ewe, cum uhgin

Best answers
The one that seems to iniciate any kind of flaming here is, in fact, you.
You asked what the company does, I pointed out it was "printing/pressing". Wasnt trying to offend your intelligence, it's just that sometimes people overread/misread things and I thought it was a possibility you might have done just that.
So instead of taking it as a personal instult you could have corrected me, like I said "Correct me if I'm not pointing out the obvious", because I might have missed what you meant, as if you were seeking more detail of what the company does.

Kermitude said:
("huh huh, looky, uh huh, like, theres uh huh, totally ahuh sentence up dare")
I resent that comentary, and I would apriciate if it's the last one like that you direct towards me.

Now I won't be posting in this thread any further unless I make that logo.

~~Edited typo :3

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmm hate to say it but i agree with Kermitdude, the design brief (if you could call it that :p) is way too open, I would have done this myself by now if I had any idea what exactly is wanted... me just thinks that Prozac needs to be more percific. Anyhows, Kermit, Rayna wasnt trying to be condecending or anything, i think she was just trying to point out what she thought u needed to know, there's really no need for the cynical attitude.

Best answers
I'm not trying to step on any toes, but it just seems that if Rayna can quote someone else about something that seems obvious, the part where I say I do this for a living could have been taken into account or quoted as well. No harm no foul though.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So much bull**** about a simple logo... hehe sorry for causing all this

Anyways
I'd love to be more specific, but I can't - the company doesn't have a "housestyle" ( don't know if this is the proper English translation ) yet because it's new
I just need a nice little logo on which I can build.. I know it isn't very specific but hey use your imagination.

this little company started as a school project but thanks to a small amount of funding ( our school is taking care of licenses for programs and such ) we are planning on realizing it at the end of the school year!
my education seems to be related to your profession, I'm currently learning the *cough* fine arts of "grafi-media" and guess what, a few weeks ago we talked about offset printing and I believe it's is a printing technique with good usability so that's where the whole "Whatever you want really, but offset would be nice ;x" thing came from
I thought you asked because it might have something to do with how you are going to supply the digital logo but I guess I was wrong ( like I said I'm still in school, 4 months now so mistaken are being made, sorry for that : ( )

Best answers
No worries man. I'm just trying to get a feel for what your company is about. Like I said, I've been doing this for years. The process just moves a lot easier if all the prerequisite inspiration is there. Not trying to seem condescending, but it would be quite inappropriate to create a logo that has a camcorder and 3 naked ladies in it when your company is all about making childrens books.

If you want an in depth discussion about media; whether it be offset printing, screen printing, video, or the prep involved in any of those, feel free to hit my email box on here and I'll dump 11 years of wisdom (or as much will fit into a decent sized email) and other contact info to ya.

Best answers
lol, too hiphop rap star... All of them, seem too hiphop. Whats with the pill? lol, im not saying u suck, but, im critiquing ur work. I see you got certain skills. I'd prolly think your designs are better for clothing =)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The top one is great, nice use of typography, cant say i care too much for the other two though, the other great thing is the top one can have the hue changed to fit any particular scheme. I really fail to see the connection to hip hop jagan.

Best answers
Coincidentally, I'm a T-Shirt designer full time right now. Since he said he was 20, I thought "go with young" right off the bat.

Like I said, they were quickies that I threw together. When I get the chance to do some more Ill drop them in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom