Live or Let Die?

Best answers
I was reading another thread and it got me wondering about this "Death Penalty"...now what im trippin on is, why are some states trying to abolish it? I think it would be necessary. Like if some guy killed my family i would want him to freaking fry. BUT thats not gonna happen here in the great state of Cali. This state is one of them, or if im not mistaken the only one cuz i havent heard if any other state wantd the same thing, and they are like no you cant kill someone cuz they are crazy...yes that damn freaking story. Ok if i was a judge and i got to hear that lame excuse...i would say ok 50+ years at the Insane "Hospital." O and INTENSE THEAROPY and Medication. If thats not fair then you can have that or the Death Penalty. I would just freaking give the Death Penalty without a doubt because "Crazy" defense is getting ****ing old. Thats why im greatful to be born in Texas cuz they UuUuUsSsEeE it!!! Texas' Policy: You Kill Us, We'll Kill You Back! I heard they are trying to speed up the process of the Death Penalty. Where if more than 3 witnesses saw you kill someone, you dont wait in line Jack, you go to the front of the line. That's why i love Texas, a state where they dont give a **** what your excuse is. You kill someone they will kill you back. I mean you have to be pretty sane to know that you're killing someone. Cmon man if you're killing someone and not knowing it...you got issues.

So what's your view??

Edit: Whoops thx for reminding me Smith, ya Ron White told me that. Love him he pwns!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, you ripped off that blue colar comedian =(. He owns.

But meh, I kind of agree; "If you kill us, we'll kill you back!"

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeLo said:
I was reading another thread and it got me wondering about this "Death Penalty"...now what im trippin on is, why are some states trying to abolish it? I think it would be necessary. Like if some guy killed my family i would want him to freaking fry. BUT thats not gonna happen here in the great state of Cali. This state is one of them, or if im not mistaken the only one cuz i havent heard if any other state wantd the same thing, and they are like no you cant kill someone cuz they are crazy...yes that damn freaking story. Ok if i was a judge and i got to hear that lame excuse...i would say ok 50+ years at the Insane "Hospital." O and INTENSE THEAROPY and Medication. If thats not fair then you can have that or the Death Penalty. I would just freaking give the Death Penalty without a doubt because "Crazy" defense is getting ****ing old. Thats why im greatful to be born in Texas cuz they UuUuUsSsEeE it!!! Texas' Policy: You Kill Us, We'll Kill You Back! I heard they are trying to speed up the process of the Death Penalty. Where if more than 3 witnesses saw you kill someone, you dont wait in line Jack, you go to the front of the line. That's why i love Texas, a state where they dont give a **** what your excuse is. You kill someone they will kill you back. I mean you have to be pretty sane to know that you're killing someone. Cmon man if you're killing someone and not knowing it...you got issues.

So what's your view??
Doesn't the Death Penalty only apply for a multiple crime? Such as a Kidnap/Murder, Multiple Homicide, Rape/Murder etc... You don't get the death penalty for "just murder", or so I was lead to believe from a video tape about death row in Texas in my grade 12 law class.

I am against the death penalty. I have never believed, nor will anyone make me believe, one death justifies another one.

Nelo said:
Like if some guy killed my family i would want him to freaking fry.
Is your family member going to magically come back now? No. Is the pain going to instantly dissapear because you know <i>justice</i> has been served? No. What about all the wrongfully convicted criminals, and even though "every criminal is innocent," you have to give at least one the benefit of the doubt. So what, 99/100 ain't bad? Is executing an innocent person not... murder? That's what I thought. Quite frankfully, one mistake is too many mistakes when it's something like the death penalty.

Nelo said:
You kill someone they will kill you back.
What about someone who falls asleep at the wheel and hits an innocent by stander and kills them. You going to give them the death penalty too? Of course you are!
Nelo said:
You Kill Us, We'll Kill You Back!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with Optimus on this one. I do not vouch for the death penalty, and I am relieved that I have never had to live with that in the justice system that governs the country I live in...I believe that it is too risky to pronounce the death sentence on somebody. As Optimus stated, what about the wrongly convicted people? Killing somebody for what they have done to another will not bring the other person back, and, personally, it wouldn't give me any satisfaction knowing that the person has been killed. Ending a life is far too final - there's no room to mend one's ways, or even repent.

It's hard for me to explain why I stand on this issue where I do...but I do know that I am against the death penalty - more states must be abolishing it for a reason.

Best answers
America’s prison system was originally created to reform prisoners as an alternative to capital punishment. Keep in mind that the practice of capital punishment was ever so common of that time period in most other places of the civilized world. America’s prison system became a guide by which many other countries adhered to as a form of punishment instead of executions. With that said I find it ironic that a place of reform has turned full circle and become a place of execution as well.

EDIT:

Hmm Majin_You and Optimus seem to have captured my exact personal thoughts and opinion on the death penalty. :yes:

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'm completely against the Death Penalty personally.

I guess I just like to think that everyone deserves the chance to change which the death penalty denies them.

Best answers
I'm with my Canadian brothers on this one. Thank god the Death Penalty isn't in Canada. Its just a *bad* system, and has far too many flaws to even be thinkable in my opinion anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In some Points im for Death Penality and in some against ...

But when you read in News Papers that a Kid was Raped and then Killed, i would wanna see that Freak frying.
Same goes for other stuff where i was reading in newspaper, some freak owned a castle and raped and killed girls (any age) for almost 15 years, they even found the bodys and he said he was it, I would wanna see him fry.
Even if he said he is sorry and stuff like that, I believe the Judges gonna say Insane and he goes in a Hospital and maybe comes one day out again.
Best example a (i dunno whats it called) Mass Raper who raed girls was in Jail for a couple of year and he came out again and started the **** again, Now they wanna lock him up again and "think" over his crime.
I would say fry him, thats just fair, otherwise you never know what happens again, I think when People know that they gonna be fryed when they do a crime they maybe think , damn NO way im going to kill someone, i dont wanna fry.

thats just my 2Cents

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the "express lane" idea in texas is a good one. If more than 2 credible eye witnesses saw you do what you did, they kill you. Otherwise, I don't think I trust the system well enough to let them handle it. The problem is, if you are split between sending someone to jail for 3 consecutive life terms or executing him, and you think it'd be wrong to kill him, perhaps you need a reality check. You're telling me that living your life in a state prison and dying of natural causes (if they don't kill you inside first) is more humane than a lethal injection. You're also telling me you'd rather pay multi thousands of dollars in taxes for his food and clothing just so the other inmates and his family can slowly watch him die over the years rather than weeks or days offered by the death penalty.

When your life is doomed to imprisonment and you don't have a chance to appeal, I see no problem with taking it now and saving us all the grief.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I think the "express lane" idea in texas is a good one. If more than 2 credible eye witnesses saw you do what you did, they kill you. Otherwise, I don't think I trust the system well enough to let them handle it. The problem is, if you are split between sending someone to jail for 3 consecutive life terms or executing him, and you think it'd be wrong to kill him, perhaps you need a reality check. You're telling me that living your life in a state prison and dying of natural causes (if they don't kill you inside first) is more humane than a lethal injection. You're also telling me you'd rather pay multi thousands of dollars in taxes for his food and clothing just so the other inmates and his family can slowly watch him die over the years rather than weeks or days offered by the death penalty.

When your life is doomed to imprisonment and you don't have a chance to appeal, I see no problem with taking it now and saving us all the grief.
w00t w00t i with ya there buddy! Though yes it is possible for an innocent man/woman being there at the wrong time. Then i can only say thats up to God. I mean i havent seen/heard of any case where it involved an innocent man being killed for simply being ther at the wrong time. If anyone would like to enlightn' me on that then simply PM me i dont mind. But for the most part im all for the Death Penalty. Btw optimus, there are extents to where the Death Penalty is enforced. No one is gonna get killed for an accident on the road...unless they were intoxicated..but even then they would get sentenced to prison...Also on my family thing, justice was served and knowing that would make me feel a hell of a lot better. Sure ill be sad for a time period but seeing as that im religious ill get over it in about 2 weeks tops...or less. So knowing that justice was served and knowing that ill go on...ya ill be fine with that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personaly i dont understand how peuple could kill others in kold blod

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the crime is heinous enough......BURNED AT THE STAKE!

Best answers
I'm 100% for the death penalty if the crime is murder in the first degree, and there is definitive evidence, or a confession. If America did not have capital punishment, we would be making towns just for prisons. As bad as it may sound, we need capital punishment to NOT keep our prisons from overflowing. Or else, God forbid, we would have to give early parole to more people that commit heinous crimes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just wanted to point out the movie, The Life of David Gale. In this movie there is a staged suicide that is being recorded in another video camera, but it's set up to make all viewers believe that this man, David Gale, murderred the woman. Ok I'll just ruin the movie from here and make my point... Ok so the guy dies by the death penalty but moments after, the whole video that was provided as evidence to ensure the penalty is turned in and it shows the woman commiting suicide.

Now my point is, you can never be sure if the person did it, and once credible evidence is provided (in movies usually after the person dies) there's nothing you can do to make up for what you did.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Over crowded prisons and anger. Are these really all the reasons you have to kill a man in cold blood? I don't know about any of you but, were I in the position to choose, I'd take life in prison over death any day. Life is life; I intend to hang onto my own as long as I possibly can and I think that's true of anybody.

Best answers
Engar said:
Are these really all the reasons you have to kill a man in cold blood? I don't know about any of you but, were I in the position to choose, I'd take life in prison over death any day. Life is life; I intend to hang onto my own as long as I possibly can and I think that's true of anybody.
How can you say that the only cold blood murder is performed by the executioner? The person is on that bed about to be lethally injected because HE murdered someone in cold blood, not the executioner. And if it were up to me, I would choose death over rotting in a prison for the rest of my life. But then again, I would never MURDER someone, so it's not something I have to worry about.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Two wrongs never make a right.

The Death Penalty is less justice and more revenge. If you want to punish someone, let them rot in prison. Why sink to their level?

Best answers
Because a lot of the families want the death penalty. The government or the DA rarely go with capital punishment unless the famlies of the victims agree to it. Take the Hacking family case that's going on right now. The DA of Utah is going to go for life in prison instead of the death penalty even though it is legal in that state. Simply put, capital punishment would not exist in this country if the people did not support it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i make 3 points here

1) any 1 mistake of the justice system cud end an innocent persons life, the last person to be killed by the death penalty in this country (britain) was found innocent 30 years after they were hung. 1 mistake is one mistake too many imo, how would u feel if u were wrongly accused and by no fault of your own u were on death row waiting to die, not a nice thought is it.

2) death.... a quick painless end.... or a whole life with no freedom in jail, most likely bein treated like crap and not being able to enjoy any of it. sorry but i'd rather let them suffer than end it all quickly for them, i dont believe in god, so i dont believe in life after death, so there wouldnt be any punnishment.

3) its a born human right to have the right to life, nobody, with no heirachial position has the permission to take it away from sum1.

Best answers
I'll give you an example of someone who was executed on my birthday a couple years ago. Timothy McVay, this man killed close to 180 people by blowing up a building in Oklahoma City. Most, and I repeat most of the families were for him being put to death. And so he was.
How I wish, so much that the U.S. still had a manual labor system, so you could make these people work tiressly for the rest of their pathetic lives instead of ptting them to death. But our prisons are much to fluffy and nice for any murderer. And it's not always a matter of right or wrong, some states simply cannot afford keeping people in prisons forever. I believe, for one person with life in prison, the tax payer's would cough up over twenty thousand dollars for that one person alone in one year. You could see why some people would want capital punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom