Little Taste of some of my Effects :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Why almost generally you aren't spending potw? you dont have free time ?. but It is only one picture every week. please ;((.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Why almost generally you aren't spending potw? you dont have free time ?. but It is only one picture every week. please ;((.
I wonder, has this constant whining ever worked for you in any other situation? That's not how the world works.
Now stay on topic and discuss the epicness that is Dalte's FX thingies.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers

Thats actually what we call a precharge. When you tap the powerup ki it force charges a 1/3 of the charge bar instantaneously at the cost of stamina for each press. So when you see me do it 3 times that means I can actually shoot it right away. It is a way to launch an attack quickly possibly after a combo, or to counter a beam or even spirit bomb flying at you in close range. It is excellent for counter attacks and for quick offensive finishers >:D
Yea not really. Its a remnant of the old charging system. By design you are to tap it once for a full charge. The fact that you have to do it multiple times is because it is still set to the old minimum charge of 33%. Just something that needs to be updated.
Oh MAN! That sounds like an awesome mechanic to play with! Can't wait as usual! Got me excited again!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
What percentage has been done?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The fluidity of the animations is jaw dropping! And I have to admit I REALLY like the dynamic camera when you charge an attack, so much personality. The shake for quick charging and when the charge finishes is a nice feature as well. I would love to play with the hud toggled off, so I like that there is such a feature.

At this stage even with these old effects as you call them, they do look good in motion so I can imagine them getting even better and natural looking. The lighting effects in the atmosphere against the rain and the distant explosions are an epic sight to behold.

The jerking camera when you swoop also ads a little something to the way movement looks. I think that was also a great choice

I remember saying I thought the beams looked too skinny before, well I take that back. From the running animation we get to glimpse to the biblical spirit bomb. I have to say. This truly is the best looking piece of DBZ since the anime itself!

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hope you change the spirit bomb's travel-through-the-air fx thingie though.
It's way too visible and also kind of goes on and off all the time. Unpleasant.
Everything else looks pretty perfect. Although beam firing effect should be more transparent too, imo.

Best answers
Did i just saw a rainbow at 0:18 when goku's kamehameha exploded?

And also. Awesome work Delta! Keep it up!

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
All I have to say to these effects is AWESOME! :D Keeeeeeeeep it up!!!!!!!

Best answers
OMG i think i just jizzed alittle

Also [video]https://youtu.be/E5QrYOdJQyc?t=3m21s[/video]

I kinda wish they add that music to play client side when doing a spirit bomb even if its an option to turn off an on..

I think it adds more bad ass to it lol ..

I remember watching DBZ series again and they done ****ed up the music and it just didnt feel right..(different version)

But i ended up being able to switch it back to the good one ( i can't remember witch name the good one was but yea)...

and it made it 100x better

C: imo..

maybe in esf 2030 edition when doing a spirit bomb that actual rocks come off the ground correctly and leave holes and shit on the map to make it more realistic haha .. (like dynamic map destruction ) if you know what i mean xD

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OMG i think i just jizzed alittle

Also [video]https://youtu.be/E5QrYOdJQyc?t=3m21s[/url]

I kinda wish they add that music to play client side when doing a spirit bomb even if its an option to turn off an on..

maybe in esf 2030 edition when doing a spirit bomb that actual rocks come off the ground correctly and leave holes and shit on the map to make it more realistic haha .. (like dynamic map destruction ) if you know what i mean xD
1. That's the cell theme. I really doubt they'll add that for goku.
Gotta admit that it sounds nice tho.

2. Not gonna happen

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
@Dalte:

Could you apply a blur on the back-effect cone(the beams of light facing backwards) and the forward effect-cone(at the start of the beam) as well as the beam head cone? If you do this, can you base the amount the blur on the distance of the camera? So on a distance you will still see this hard meshlike effect but on close it's more majestic.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Nope he can't , that would require either blurring texture on the fly, or preblurred textures wich mix based on distance, or per object depth of fiel kinda fx(only tech wich could also blur object edges), non of that is coded in.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Can't you "simply" solve this using a shader? Not that i'm a tech artist or anything. I mean I've seen blur shaders, I know shaders can get the camera distance of something, why isn't it posible to combine these two features. I guess my knowledge about shading is too slim for this kinda stuff then :)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Motion Blur could be used but might look weird. For just blurring it well if you want to have the edges(geometry ones) also blurred it get's expensive

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Those effects look pretty damn awesome. Seeing the water reactions to the beam heads, makes me kind of wonder what it'll look like when you have beam clash over the water.:shocked:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom