LiteNET Match #7: Gonadz Vs. Ryoko

Best answers
damn... if gonadz wants to win this one he'll has to do his ultimately best !

Best answers

Credits: Brushes from DA and bluesfear.com. stock and "LostProphets" from lostprophets.com art section.

Best answers
GaZeeBo said:
damn... if gonadz wants to win this one he'll has to do his ultimately best !
Do not post while a match is in progress.

*will edit this post with my choice, once I have time*

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I can not vote, but I'll give you my two cents.

Ryoko's may be good, but the style isn't anything new. If it had of been a fresh new style it could have been better, it loses marks in my opinion due to un-originality, where as Gonadz went out on a limb to try something new, I'd vote for Gonadz, if I was a judge...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another extremely tough decision... but my vote goes to Gonadz.

Reason: Ryoko's BG is what I and many people, who know of his style, expected. The image is great, so great that it demands a totally different color tint around it. The purple struggles to blend with dark red aura the image subcounsciouly screams for. Also, I won't hesitate in saying that you were as professional with the font, as you have always been.

Gonadz, this sig is very unique for this forum. It might have required less effort, compared to Ryoko's, but the well-placed brush work is what really gives it a fresh impression, the font for "Lost Prophets" being what sealed the deal for me. My only beef is the placement of "Nadz", and the font you used.

Score:
Gonadz: 1
Ryoko: 0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My vote goes to Gonadz too.

Reason: I really liked gonadz sig alot, you don't see that style much around here.
it's not to busy and cluttered and I love the text part nere the bottom of his face.
And I do agree that the text should be placed somewhere else.

Ryoko- Yours was just too predictable. I didn't really like the sig too much, the filmstrip thing isn't working for it too well. And it just seems like the quality on it went down, but I did love the text.

Gonadz:2
Ryo:0

Retired
Best answers
Alrighty finally some time to vote lol.

after all that moose converation i was laughing so hard anyway.

Boths sigs are good.

gonadz

however i'm not a real big fan of the vector art. especially with the little bits of text design. too distracting for me. i love the color however. i love that solid grey.

Ryoko

I Like this sig. nice text effects and a beautiful stock. makes me wanna jus grab her and ... **** back onto top. i love the colors. i'm not *** or anything but man i love pirple, especially that one. it looks good. and the bonus was the stock matches very well. it wasn't just made a light purple to try and match the bg, it was done very nicely

however i'm not sure if i agree with the background stock of the girl being faded beside the full shown stock.

Very Good Sig

With that said i love both but ryokos made me spend more time noticing little things.

Ryoko Will Get my Vote

Ryoko : 1
Gonadz| : 2

**NOTICE** After all round 1 matches are done the tourny will continue i will post the new batch of peopel who made it to the next round.

allong with that the contest might accquire a new person, due to pm's i have recieved. however only time can tell what will happen. If you are on irc you know what this means

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Incase it hasn't been mentioned, I'll be replacing Wes as one of the judges.

Looking at Ryoko's signature, I must say that I really like it. The color works well in contrast to the main image, and the filmstrip border works well. The sole problem I have with it is the business just left of the center. The images there aren't real coherent and seem to clash with the rest of the images. Ryoko's name uses it's font well, but the "seeing is believing" part lacks any kind of impact.

As for Gonadz, I really liked this one as well. It's hard to say that I like it all though. Specifically mentioned: the "Nadz" bit. The font is lackluster compared to the rest of the image, and doesn't carry the strength of the rest of the text. Further the vertical orientation feels out of place with the rest of the signature.

I'll have to vote for Gonadz on this one. He really went out on a limb to do something different, and it's a risk I'm willing to reward. That's not to say that Ryoko didn't have an excellent sig, it's just a bit trite when innovation is required to awe the judges.

Gonadz: 3
Ryoko: 1

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good job Gonadz, you pulled your crap together, and rocked the sigging world.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well now that the votes are over..... I dont really like gonadz, i know it doesnt matter, but i think it looks really low quality and the stroke on the cut image looks really bad, and its really blurry. I like ryoko's cause its nice and clear, and i like the colors. Too bad :(

Congrats Gonadz

Bolteh2

B
i like gonadz better...

trendwhoring finally lost its leading position... this makes me happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom