Link

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Long over due for the comp here, but I had a lot of work to do. Anyways This is meant to help get me back into the Subdivision and Eventually normal mapping workflow. I've been stuck like 1k models and 256x256 skinmaps forever now. Anyways It's Link from TP, but I think i'm going to give him sorta my own proportions. Anyways here it is

Crits and Comments appreciated.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would have modeled the arms and jaket as sepperate objects, theres no way youll get a passable definition between the two objects if they are connected.

other than that, its just refinement of anatomy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Long over due for the comp here, but I had a lot of work to do. Anyways This is meant to help get me back into the Subdivision and Eventually normal mapping workflow. I've been stuck like 1k models and 256x256 skinmaps forever now. Anyways It's Link from TP, but I think i'm going to give him sorta my own proportions. Anyways here it is

Crits and Comments appreciated.
Looks Shiny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could put the arms in a different smoothing group on the base mesh and check off "smooth by groups" or something similar to that in the meshsmooth options. This way the connections between the arm and shirt wont look like..well... what it is right now. Axman's sujestion would provide the same result as mine so you decide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm, i cant really crit anything, it looks to me very well done. gj!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Last little update of the night.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its hardly to see the tweaked stuff but noticeable, it really looks good, nice smooth, proporational owell... nothing to crit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Try, it looks most excellent. :yes: Keep it up!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Updatzors!

@ Ne0teK - Where you been, foo?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
upper arm is too long, looks like his fingers might be too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noted.

Last bit of progress tonight.

Best answers
kind of a strange way to pose the hands being that it looks so unnatural

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's just how I pose my hands?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O wth, the hands are fine, just add nails.

awesome dude =)

Best answers
the opinion on the hands isnt anything other than an opinion

but the lower legs looks too short
and the folds on the under tunic thing make it look like hes a bit chubby and is wearing his belt too tight

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dynamic` said:
the opinion on the hands isnt anything other than an opinion

but the lower legs looks too short
and the folds on the under tunic thing make it look like hes a bit chubby and is wearing his belt too tight
Yes.. and
Link's undergarments were skintight~ not loose and hangy. You need to define his knee cap and as the clothing is tight, you can get away with defining some of the major muscle groups (calf/thigh) cause right now his legs look like pudding. Make his belt higher and his tunic bow out more around the waist... if you can spare poly's... model some more folds in it to make it less 'fatty'. Also, his arms are wayy to long and lanky to fit that body~ or maybe they just look a little distorted because his shoulders are huge, but they are too long. I really like it so far though.. are you using a meshsmooth modifier by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom