Link

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i might not be a link expert but i think TekNik has link down right.
Looks really cool Tek!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
man i just hope to hell you release this as an sdk or for hl2 jesus i would just have sex to a monkey to have this in hl2 :|

Best answers
@ zeldalink : That thing has wayyy to many polys even for HL2. It'd probably be more apt towards an SDK and for video/picture renders.

Looking great so far I can't wait to see updates!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Here are some better references, taken straight from the official game concept.

Keep up the good work :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol when it's finished it will be able to go into HL2, but I don't think I will.

@ Growler: This models got many stages to go, most of the detail to the cloth and muscle detail is going to be added in Zbrush after I finish with massing out the rest of him. I'm using Subdivision which is basically the meshsmooth modifier without the modifier part.

@Shady-D: I'm diggin that lil ref will be nice to have when I get down to doing the Sheild and sword.

Well I don't have an update I'm at work right now, but I I should be moving on to the head and rest of the body tonight hopefully then it's nothing but zbrush and building the low resolution mesh. I'm shooting for 2500-3000 polies + normal, Bump, and specular maps.

@ Ne0teK: I think i'm deviating from my original plan. I think i'm doing him in his Twilight Princess outfit, but I'm sorta shooting for an older looking link, maybe around 20. Haven't built the face yet so I'm not 100% sure.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey hey! Those are my imagines, i scanned them and uploaded them and posted them....don't go showin them around too much....or EVERYONE will model link :p.

Best answers
I think everyone agrees if I say we want to see a head on that beauty...Real nice work teknik, with some normal mapping and a low res version you can crack heads with that :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make link a man, and give him a rugged beard ;/

I love it, it's so great. Nice detail, it would be great to see link in Counter-strike source, and have the knife be the Master Sword :3

In other words, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK O/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ne0TeK said:
Here are some better references, taken straight from the official game concept.

Keep up the good work :)
I love you~ can you get me some of them refs for kid link?

@Thread Creator-
Ah, good ol' Z brush, can't wait to see the results. I still think you need to move his knee cap up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man tek, you really gotta post some wires when you're done..
btw, if u want him in hl2 let me know, i might be able to help you

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
WOW that must be one of the best models of link i've seen!! i hope the head will work out just as good as the body!! keep it up!!

is there more to see?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom