let go of beams??

Best answers
yeah i know now u can stop beams and blow them up but it would be cool if u could also detache your self from the beam and it will keep going....
but not in a power struggle or block struggle...and dont start flaming at me if u dont like this idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then what would be the point of having only detachable beams? (big bang etc)

Best answers
they used to do this in the alpha... because there are attacks that are both beam and ball... big bang.. burning attack... ect.. i liked the idea and i dont know why they changed it in the betas... they need to bring it back

Best answers
like shadow says, then why the heck would we use ball attacks? Thats the downside to beams, it helps balance them out. You think kame spamming is bad now? Imagine if they could throw three times as many from the top of the map.

Best answers
then you make all of the beams and balls one attack.. big bang you fire it as a beam and you can let go of it
same with final flash, kame burning... basically just get rid of the balls... except the bombs.. spirit bomb finish buster death ball ect..

or you could always do this.. make them like generic beam... secondary is a ball and primary is a beam..

Best answers
i am not saying all of the attacks be detachable but u can press a botton on some....and they detache.....but there is a generic ball in 1.2 so that will be awsome.
it does really make up for this...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A beam you can move around until it blows up. A ball you just throw in a straight line. I would much rather have beams be detachable instead of blowing up. It makes sence and this way gohan's shield is actually useful.

Best answers
yeah..... u should be able to do both.... like clicking again makes u let go of the beam or something and secondary fire is blow up.... that would be cool

Best answers
i think it would cause spamming probs..........simply because that is the disadvantage of a beam.....you can control it, beam jump, and blow it up when you want, but your stuck with it. Non beam attacks you can't control or blow up, but your also free as soon as you let it go.
Doing this would take away any advantage to non beam attacks.

Like i said when this was suggested before, Make them detachable when your in a ps against a nonbeam attack.....so you dont get 30 of them piled on your beam. Other than that i think its more balanced having to be stuck with it till its gone,

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can control it, beam jump, and blow it up when you want, but your stuck with it.
If you can blow it up than you are in no way stuck with it... If anything, making it so that the beam detaches instead of blowing up would be a disadvantage to beams.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine someone throws one of these detachable beams at you, a fully charged kamehameha, you block and you win the struggle, but then another detached kamehameha hits your face, and you're out of ki.

If you fire one of these beams, it's so easy to throw another one, it will be uber whore spammed. Meaning, the idea is unbalanced.

Best answers
And they used to have it in back in alpha, they took it out for a reason.

Best answers
blah i think you guys really underestimate the power the uber players of ESF have on the noobs... you think once you toss the kamehameha aside you wont see the other one in time to move? you will beable to move... power up even before you move...

sides one of the stipulations is you cant detatch when in block struggle/power struggle...

Best answers
simple: make the detached beams much less powerful.
it will make balls still useful and beams still useful.
and teshuda: then of what ball attacks they get rid of?
balls are a very large part of the attacks so you cant get rid of them. that is a important thing to remember.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a fully charged kamehameha, you block and you win the struggle, but then another detached kamehameha hits your face, and you're out of ki
Why would someone go through the trouble of using a regular kame when they could just use the torpedos for this?... Also, this is the same thing that happens with balls. The advantage of a beam is that you can pump more power into it and win the power struggle. In 1.2 your invulnerable during power struggles so I don't see how powerstruggling a ball would really put you at risk because you still have enough ki to teleport or move, not to mention your going to be throwing the ball back to where ever your aiming.

Best answers
How can you move when your powerstruggling a ball? You cant. So that automatically puts you at a disatvantage. Its the pro of using the ball attacks. No need to give that advantage to beams too.

See the thing with a ball is that if you fire it from across the map, you cant control it. Well with a beam, you could control it to just before it hit the person then just let it go. It defeats the purpose of having ball attacks. Like I said before, this suggestion has already been tried in game and it doesnt work too well.

Best answers
something that i have learned is that attacks can be either beam or ball... so that means FF can be a ball and big bang can be a beam... so... it wouldnt make balls useless when you can detatch the beam and make the attack a ball when ever you needed it how would this be pointless?

Best answers
The balls are only usefull because they have a high speed and a huge blast radius compared to the beams. That's why making beams into balls won't work, we tried it in one of the alpha's, and everyone whined that the explode at will capability was way more usefull.

Best answers
yes it was a idea that wasnt thought over by me enough be4 i posted

Best answers
personally i think its a great idea!

you fire a beam at one person, you think you gunna hit him but all of a sudden you see some cheap mofo swoopin at you, you wanna kill the guy you fired your beam at but you also wanna try protect your ass, not really a choice i would wanna make.

detach the beam, and save yourself from the cheap person, 2 kills if you can win the melee fight

OR
the other scenario

blow the beam up, injur the person you shot it at, start meleeing the other guy, they guy you shot the beam at charges something up and blows you both up, 2 kills to him, cuz you had no choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom