LAG

Best answers
every room i go into i have lag.
but on day of defeat and half life its perfect no lag at all does anyone know why i might be getting lag on esf 1.2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, 1.2 seems to lag for me also (as in 2k ping) when someone detonates a huge beam which means more stuff for the host server to calculate o_O.

I don't know, maybe we're both just going to sucky hosts.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys have to understand 2 things:

there are 2 different type´s of lag, the first is

Lag caused by your connection, it causes you to freeze, or warp through the scenes. You can try this yourself by creating a server for 8 guys and letting more then 4 join. you can see your ping (which is an indication wether you have a good connection to the server or not) when you got a ping below 100 you can play perfectly fine, ideal is 30/40. if it goes up to 2000k it means the server which is using it cant provide all the clients with a proper ping.

The second type of lag is computerlag, this one is caused by the lack of good specs. By specs i mean your graphical card, memory, processor speed.

possible fixxes to solve these 2,
for lag type one, you can play around a little with these variables
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate
rate

i found cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 and rate 25000 good enough for me

type r_netgraph 3 in console and look what your choke/loss is, if it is higher then 10 tone down the values i gave you.

cl_cmdrate 40 cl_updaterate 40 rate 9999 for instance.

I´m on a 2500/358 cable connection. so if you dont have atleast some kind of equal connection dont try the values i stated first.

well as for the second type of lag, this one is caused by the hardware in your computer. the things you can do is tone the settings from high to medium or low. if that doesnt work only buying new hardware would probally fix your problem.

Best answers
hmm i am from the uk and i have NTL world and in my area its been affected by the sasser virus which might be causing this but ill try what u said. Thanks a bunch :)

Best answers
sorry for the double post but i cant find console as i am quite new to esf, could you tell me where it is?

Best answers
I had pretty bad ping (~300-600) for a while, then I realized I had my network settings at 56k modem, when I have a 512k cable internet connection. :p Things are working much better now, my ping is usually about 70 on the RF clan server.

Best answers
ines in the 1000s lol how do i change it? or acess my console thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom