Knights of the Old Republic

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand that Star Wars: KOTOR has been released on X-Box (us PC owners without the X-Box have to wait a couple months yet :(), and I was curious as to whether or not anybody here owns it yet. If so, what are your impressions of the game thus far? Worth buying when it comes out on PC? Strong and weak points? Etc...

Also, if you are awaiting it's release for PC, like me, feel free to also post your impressions, I'm interested to see what kind of reaction this game is getting with SWG in the picture as well.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Must kill microsoft.... I think it is VERY stupid what they did.... It might just end up like halo where the pc version does not come out for 3 years after the x-box version.

I am really hating the x-box because of this. I was looking forward to playing this game over the summer while waiting for HL2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could not agree with you more Hsu, when the Xbox was first coming out it was bad news, I knew the PC users were going to suffer. no point in even buying Halo now becuase BattleField 1942 is much better.

Anyways, the previews that i've seen for that game are amazing, it looks great, however i don't own any console's I'm purely a PC gamer, and my brother owns the PS2, so i'll have to wait as well. But it looks a lot better Than JK2, speaking of JK has anyone heard any news on JK3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know if microdumb was smart what they would do is release them both at the same time

i mean its more money for them in the end

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the reason they don't is to coax PC users into buying the Xbox, which i have not succumbed to yet, but it's tempting me... *person next to me slaps me across the face and tells me to get a hold of myself* Phew, thanks.

Best answers
dude dont buy any consol. Everytime i end up buyingone in theend i feel rippedoff cause the games are just expensive controllers and all the extra **** and it just gets oldandworthless... a computer in the other hand always has games coming to it and youcanupgrade the computer at an affordable rate and also graphicsare alot better.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The pc version is already out... My friend has it. He said that some of the places on tatoine weren't even up yet.

Best answers
Umm KOTOR IS XBOX ONLY.... as far as i know

Well Its great game but like most rpg's no jumping.

Some minor glitches depends on your xbox condition.

Cuztomizable equipment Lighsavers armor blasters etc.

Very long (6 hours in and im still on the first planet not ship)

Scorcher2K YOUR freind has Star Wars Galaxies

🍂 Regular
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
Umm KOTOR IS XBOX ONLY.... as far as i know
It comes out for PC too "Fall 2003"

Scorcher2k said:
The pc version is already out... My friend has it. He said that some of the places on tatoine weren't even up yet.
Your friend can't have it since it's not you yet. Unless he got a leaked beta version of it *shrugs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KOTOR looks alright. Not interested in it really, X-Box to me is dumb by itself. The only thing good that ever happened to X-Box was Halo, I loved that game. Now JK3.. that's what I'm waiting for. KOTOR just doesn't look any good to me. :rolleyes:

Retired
Best answers
I've got an XBox, and still waiting for the european release here. Hurry up LucasArts! I hear its a great game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bear in mind, some of you who are strictly posting to destroy X-Box up above, that it will come out for PC ;)

As for myself, I am really interested to see how this game works out. It's made by the same people who helped make Baldur's Gate 2, so I think it will be intriguing to see what they do with a Star Wars game. Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until Fall to try it :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the only things scaring me away from it is the fact that u hafta pay for it (like all mmorpgs >_<)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
mircosoft has nothing to do with the pc release it has to do with lucusarts

Retired
Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
Well the only things scaring me away from it is the fact that u hafta pay for it (like all mmorpgs >_<)
KOTOR aint an MMORPG..just a single player RPG with downloadable content.

you are mistaken KOTOR for Galaxies, which is an MMORPG.

Best answers
Toki said:
mircosoft has nothing to do with the pc release it has to do with lucusarts
Thats only half true. I have noticed since the day i heard of xbox, ive seen many games released for XBox and not any other console (wich is normal) or the pc (wich is not). Midtown Madness, a microsoft game, was only for pc for a while. Then MM3 comes out a little after XBox, and whadayano, its only for XBox.

Now back on topic.
Ive read a few reviews for KOTOR and ive seen the advertisement on Tom Green (lol). I would say it would be worthwile to get it for PC. I might myself. I still would rather get it for XBox, it looks better for console, but im not planning on getting an xbox soon :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevermind maybe its galaxies that came out and he got screwed up... Either way I'm waiting on the next jedi knight...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah your friend oes have galaxies.. how is that by the way, it looked good, but in my experience all MMORPG's suck.

Actually i'm pretty sure MM3 is coming out for PC, if not, oh well it's going to be the same as the other two just different locations.

Best answers
Seeing as though im the only person that can post in this topic without going off-topic here are my thoughts:
First off, I'd like to say that I have not played KOTOR, I, with others are waiting for the PC release. 3 of my friends play KOTOR and absolutly LOVE it. The game is made by BioWare, and im told its an RPG, so my guess is Neverwinter Nights with advanced melee and lightsabers. There is a good variety of force powers to choose from as you level up, ex: push, lightning, choke, jump etc. Much like Jedi Knight 2's force powers. I'd say because BioWare made it its already worth buying, Neverwinter Nights owned, and I still play it frequently.
If you all hate Microsoft so much, just wait until Vivendi decides to sell Blizzard (which they most likely will, not only have I seen it often at dii.net but their debt problems were also on CNN). And when that does happen, I would not be surprized to see Microsoft all over it like flies and a pile of ****. Just like what they did with Rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom