King of Fighters - Maximum Impact

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just thought i'd create a thread about this, been playing it for the past 4-5 days since I got it. I've been playing it here in my community college with a bunch of my friends and I wanted to know what you guys thought of it?

Its really nothing like the 2D Fighter when it comes to physics... Because some moves have no priority over others. My character in this game is the new character: Beart Mingnon (the girl that fights like a cat). And she has this move where she does small swipes when you just tap the square button and she starts scratching you. That move alone while I was crouching stopped Terry's MAX Buster Wolf. Not to mention that swipe is a light punch and it does alot of damage for a light punch.

Another thing is some characters are just button masher friendly (Yuri), me and my friends were getting our ass handed to us for a short while by some dude who's never even played KOF before. And some moves are useless. Like K's shoruken hardly ever connects, it only connects if the enemy is standing up.

And Lim Chae is just as annoying as Kim, her Super move ALWAYS connects. The only way to avoid it is to just block. You cant kick her out of it, you cant jump over her (sometimes you can) and sometimes ground projectiles dont stop her, Her super has the most priority.

Aside all of the flaws I still like it, rumor has it that there will be a KOF: MI2 sometime in the future (you can see it listed under "K" in GameFaqs plus I saw this site with an artical about it as I was searching for KOF: MI stuff but I didn't trust that since the Artical was dated two month ago.

KyoKusanagi

K
Its an alright game if a bit broken. Keep in mind this is their first forray into 3D games and its a good effort compared to Street Fighter EX.

You can infine juggle people with Seth's uppercuts or do what i did and do nonstop power dunks with Terry.

And as far as Chae Lim's super goes, you're not supposed to punch them out of it, you can sidestep around it or dash leap over it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, been gone for a while. Yeah I know about Chae Lim's super its just sometimes my friend catches me when im doing a jab or a Stylish Combo.

Anyway, The best character for me there is Mignon and Kyo. K Dash isn't as good as in the 2D version. Anyway my favorite combo has got to be with Kyo, sometimes you can keep doing that hcf+sk till the combo breaks (screen flashes if you perform too much consecutive and manual combo's sometimes).

My combo w/ Kyo is:

Forward+Light Kick > Strong Kick > Strong Punch > Strong Punch

then after that I quickly follow it up with the Strong Punch Shiki Combo and finish that 3rd hit w/ the Oniyaki follow up (its 9 hits, and sometimes if the combo doesn't break and the enemy bounces from the wall you can catch him with the Max Surpent Wave).

Anyway... yah... (Notices the Donkey Punch image) Retarted... :p

Best answers
are lin and chin and kim in this game, those 3 were always my favorites throughout the games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is good in it's own right I suppose, but it's not good enough to warrant a purchase in my eyes. I have to remember though that this is their first go into the 3d world, and considering that it is quite good.

I have confidence that if a sequel is made, it will improve vastly apon this one, but until then, i'll stick with KOF '98.

KyoKusanagi

K
Put it this way, its far better than the Street Fighter EX series.

and the donkey punch image - if u got a problem with it i suggest you take it up with Magus - since im a member of that particular faction :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
Put it this way, its far better than the Street Fighter EX series.

and the donkey punch image - if u got a problem with it i suggest you take it up with Magus - since im a member of that particular faction :D
Hah. I like the image, its just I haven't heard "Donkey Punch" in a long time... Haven't been to Newgrounds.com in a long time...

Anyway I dont think that Maximum Impact is SNK's first 3D game... Well, their first 3D KOF but wasn't there a "Samurai Showdown 64" game a while back? I dont think it was ever released in the states though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom