Kiblobs after powerfull beam/ball shots

Best answers
I think some sort of powered kiblob should appear when fired a powerfull beam/ball.

In the show you see plenty of times some sort of kiblob after an powerfull beam/ball.
I think that kiblobs power should depend power of beam/ball and pl of player.

So instead of dieing while dont even know why...
( Let's assume that you never saw the beam/ball and were just flying and suddenly died )
...you should see the radius of the beam/ball in the form of and kiblob.

This should appear when the beam/ball makes his inpact on wall or on an enemy.

Hope you guy's agree that this should be added

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Explain. Do you mean that after the explosion KI balsts will spread out?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remember in the show how if a beam was deflected or something and it hit the ground you would see this enormous arc. (much like a ki blob except the color of the beam) its basically like that. 1.1 style :)

Well im not for it. and im not against it. sort of neutral. Why i dont know

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres a sprite pack that will do this for you. Just go to esf-world. Its somewhere there.

Best answers
It's definately a 1.1 kind of explosion he's talking about... but more detailed I guess! I'll stick with a "I don't care" opinion! :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think the 1.1 explosion is what you mean, I prefer the 1.2 explosions myself but the 1.1 ones are more practical. I don't know if/where you can d/l the old explosion sprite but some people still use 1.1 because of things they hate in 1.2 so maybe someone will read this and email it 2 u :)

[EDIT] You can get a very similar version here: http://esf-world.com/download.php?file_id=157

Sweet idea for anyone into sprite editing - combine the current 1.2 explosion with the 1.1 explosion, except with the bubbles, lower the opacity a lot and have them fade out when they reach their max explosion size instead of shrinking. The result is the flashy 1.2 explosions with a visible shockwave showing how far the explosion damage stretched. It also looks damn cool (probably) :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a good idea, reason i liked 1.1's explosions is the fact that you can see the damage radius, so i would like to se a combination of 1.1 and 1.2

Best answers
Yes that sort of what i meant...a more detailed version of 1.1 to see the radius of the beam or ball.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does anyone sprite edit? I can't imagine it would be the hardest thing to make seeing as its 2 existing sprites altered slightly and layed over each other. The shockwave opacity can be lowered in photoshop and after that all you need is for it to not shrink but to fade (cut the sprite animation off before it shrinks) and stick it over the current explosions. Problem solved.

If anyone can give me a quick sprite 101 tutorial i'll make it myself and email it to whoever wants it. :D

Best answers
Zeonix actually i was thinking of a better more advanced kiblob created by the team.
Causing less lag, more advanced dmg radius...

For example: you are within the blast radius but when close to the source of explosion the dmg is as it should be.. but the further of the source the less dmg..I will try explaining it more..

Kiblobs caused by beams or balls with a dmg 50+ (so 50 and beyond that) would have 4 rings representing the radius.. Let's assume that the dmg should have been 50 ( charged generic ball)
Ring 1: very close or bullseye Ring 2: a little further of source Ring 3: futher and so on..
Ring 1: normal dmg 50
Ring 2: 25% less dmg of normal dmg
Ring 3: 50% less dmg of normal dmg
Ring 4: 75% less dmg of normal dmg
Ring 5: is just outside the kiblobs range and thus no damage..

This way when a SB is thrown not everybody in it's radius get's the instant-death..
The rings are invisible ofcourse but are just so called rings...rings that are borders within the kiblob.

It is pretty hard to explain but i hope you guy's understand what i mean..

Best answers
I think the ki blobs shouldnt do the big expansion when they are hit

i make a big ki blob and an ff hits it almost everyone on server dies

it should become a hugely powerfull blob, that lasts ages and those that die in it count as frags for the ff shooter but the creater of the ki blob gets a little bit more pl too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom