Ki Blob's

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Hi, hold space for a quick recovery. And if they throw you at an angle so you're rolling, you are moving so a blob can't form around you.

The more you know. :yes:
Do you need to press and hold Jump before, or after you hit the ground? Does it work when being thrown into walls too?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah... No offense Kama, but you're completly wrong.

Just some information here: Kiblobs are the best attack in the game (besides melee ofcourse.) They can do 3 damage per hit (hell, it may be 5) and you can usually get three off after a melee hit. When they actually form a blob, they can be blown up with a gen ball to do an insane amount of damage. The guy rolling away? Throw kiblobs where you think he’s going to stop and blow the kiblob up with a gen beam. He's holding space to jump up? If you do it right, you can still blow the kiblob up with a gen ball and he'll get hurt. And again, blowing a kiblob up with a gen beam does an insane amount of damage.

If you aren't being killed by kiblobs, you're fighting the wrong people :rolleyes:

Best answers
Yea i know....most of the time ill get attacked by a skilled player, and kama if your thinking about 200 feet in the air...of course you can stop, but when your right next to the ground, they can smash you into it and you cant recover... blobs are sort of stuipid, because what happens is youll get blobbed halfway through charging an sb, and then you cant run away..so you either die from them, or throw the sb and destroy yourself..same with kahme you lose so much health from the blob as well as losing ki while both flying going slow with kahme. You cant fire without destroying yourself, you move slow and get injured from blob.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Yeah... No offense Kama, but you're completly wrong.
So you can't recover from the ground by holding space and you don't roll across the ground? That's weird.. cause i'm pretty sure those are features in ESF.... But since i'm completely wrong...

I've never been killed by a ki blob without letting someone do it. And i've fought the so called "best." I got my ass whooped, but I wasn't killed by their ki blobs, that's just stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can usually get 3 ki blasts in, depends where i hit my opponent, i multigenball them if they stop in the air, and i ki blob if they are near a wall, floor or the ceiling. But yeh kama, i can usualy get in 2-4 ki blasts on even the most skilled opponent, not everyone has realised there is a way to stop ki blobs hitting you when you get knocked back. On the floor though, pros dont throw straight at the ground anymore, thats something a newbie would do, thinking they can kiblob the opponent. Even throwing across the ground, you can still ki blob someone, just like Hybrid said

on topic: ki blobs were in the show, it was done throughout, sometimes it was smoke, sometimes it was a huge explosion which didnt explode until a final charged up beam had hit it. Vegeta did it many times, Gohan did it on Frieza form 3 after Frieza stabbed Krillen with his horn, Goku did it to Cell during the Cell Games

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but ki blobs are still a very damaging attack, but i think they're well done though, at the moment all you gotta do is make sure u:

1) have enough ki at all times to at least jump off the floor
2) you look at the floor and hold space when you get hit down

I find it pretty damn easy to avoid ki blobs because i try my best to never let myself get hit down like that. Ki blobs are really useful, personally i think they need tweaking though because there is a point that they can be a little too damaging, but i think thats due to the way the damage is dealt.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
So you can't recover from the ground by holding space and you don't roll across the ground? That's weird.. cause i'm pretty sure those are features in ESF.... But since i'm completely wrong...

I've never been killed by a ki blob without letting someone do it. And i've fought the so called "best." I got my ass whooped, but I wasn't killed by their ki blobs, that's just stupid.
Yes, yes you can recover. Is it the type of recovery where you just jump the hell up? No. If you get hit at an angle, you're not going to be able to land on your knees and jump up. You're going to get hit with either a) ki blasts which will form into a ki blob b) gen ball/beam or c) both a and b.

If the people you're fighting dont use ki blobs or cant manage to use a ki blob, you're fighting the wrong people. Decrease ki blast or ki blob damage by a bit, and all will be saved.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe the way ki blobs work should be changed.

When you fire ki blasts and your oponent blocks them, a struggle commences. The blob keeps growing untill the struggle is decided. If the person firing the blasts wins, the blob explodes, if the person blocking wins it will just fade away.

The amount damage depends on the amount of kiblasts shot into it.

To win or lose the struggle the bar has to reach the very bottom or the top.

If you fire the blasts at someone who's not blocking or laying on the ground, it will explode after let's say 10 kiblasts by default.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No more struggles and bars and ddr >_<!--!!
<!!

Sub made this suggestion in another forum, so I'll just tell you guys what it was:
Make an individual kiblast do 1 damage

• Make the kiblob itself harder to form (for example, instead of two kiblasts to form a kiblob, make it 3. Something like that)
• Nurf the damage of an exploding kiblob (because... kiblob + gen ball = 80ish damage)
• Make jumping off of the ground easier. I don't know about you, but I always hold down jump whenever I hit the ground and my guy only jumps up about 20 percent of the time. It’s really aggravating. If you could fix that somehow (having the guy always jump up provided you have enough ki would be nice..), then only the people who run out of ki would be raped by the blob (which I think is pretty fair).

I like these suggestions quite a bit.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't need to change the way the kiblob works. We just need to tweak it a bit. What I think should be done:

• Make an individual kiblast do 1 damage
• Make the kiblob itself harder to form (for example, instead of two kiblasts to form a kiblob, make it 3. Something like that)
• Nurf the damage of an exploding kiblob (because... kiblob + gen ball = 80ish damage)
• Make jumping off of the ground easier. I don't know about you, but I always hold down jump whenever I hit the ground and my guy only jumps up about 20 percent of the time. It’s really aggravating. If you could fix that somehow (having the guy always jump up provided you have enough ki would be nice..), then only the people who run out of ki would be raped by the blob (which I think is pretty fair).

Now you just have to do something to ensure people don't spam the hell out of the gen ball instead of the kiblast and you're set...

Best answers
I agree that ki blobs are overpowered, when you roll around on the ground a lot you can end up losing half your life easily to kiblobs because they do way to much damage.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know what happened to my post, but no one can read it unless you log out so I'll just do it all over again.

On the BTL forums, Sub made a suggestion that I really liked. Here it is:

"1) Make an individual kiblast do 1 damage
1) Make the kiblob itself harder to form (for example, instead of two kiblasts to form a kiblob, make it 3. Something like that)
3) Nurf the damage of an exploding kiblob (because... kiblob + gen ball = 80ish damage
4) Make jumping off of the ground easier. I don't know about you, but I always hold down jump whenever I hit the ground and my guy only jumps up about 20 percent of the time. It’s really aggravating. If you could fix that somehow (having the guy always jump up provided you have enough ki would be nice..), then only the people who run out of ki would be raped by the blob (which I think is pretty fair).

Again, just a few suggestions. Now you just have to do something to ensure people don't spam the hell out of the gen ball and you're set..."

Best answers
goku spammed ki blobs at cell...incase u didnt see it....ki blobs are fine the way they are either way..so leave them be..theyre good for doing small amounts of dmg really fast..and if your fighting someone good..u will get killed by their ki blobs...honestly kama i dont think u should put your experience as the general guidline for all ESFplayers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
honestly kama i dont think u should put your experience as the general guidline for all ESFplayers
Hahah silly rabbit, Kama is always right. Stop being silly.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And of course Kama's post doesn't count as spam -_-.

Anywho, Ki blasts and blobs need to be made less damaging since all of us other noobs that cant seem to get away from them when we're pinned to the ground (cause we're too stupid to even try to hold jump) always seem to take some serious damage from them.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point of the ki blob is to deal out major punishment. An incentive not to get thrown or otherwise beaten into the ground. If you still have the ki, you should be able to get away. Of course newer players are gonna get owned by this though. That's how it is with every attack in ESF. Can't complain much if ppl aren't doing what they need to to properly escape/don't know better to do it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the problem though. We know exactly what to do. Our opponents know exactly what to do to get around it. Instead of throwing us directly down, they throw us diagonally. No one gets up immediately from this. No one. This leaves you wide open, and the ki blasts just rain down on you. Ki blasts not fast enough to form a blob before you get up, you say? Turbo + Ki blasts = super fast.

If it was possible to get out of a throw, this wouldnt be as much of a problem. It was fine in 1.2. Once the patches came, and the only way to beat the throw was to not get thrown in the first place, problems began to emerge, such as the one above.

Best answers
he has a good point here...i think the major problem here though..is the throw...not ki blobs..because ki blobs are easy to escape from..unless uve been thrown...i also think that they should re-instate the old 1.1 move...just tap fly when your falling back..and it takes a small amount of ur ki..but u stop falling back...it was an awsome move..and i dont think it was a big problem..since if u didnt like being combo'd u would just tap fly..sure it would cost ki..but 90 percent of the time..it would ruin the enemies combo..so why not put it back on? as for ki blob dmg..yeah..it should be reduced..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom