[Old PotW] Kamehamehaaaaaaaa dem graphics doe

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoever made that HUD and put it in game should be shot.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ok completely off topic

Have you's thought about DirectX12?, I know its not out yet but maybe that could fix the AMD drivers issues.

Just throwing ideas out?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok completely off topic

Have you's thought about DirectX12?, I know its not out yet but maybe that could fix the AMD drivers issues.

Just throwing ideas out?
Thats not gonna owork, even if we wanted to. Ever since HL went multi-platform they removed Direct X out of the thing. Its either Open GL or nothing.

Besides ATI needs to get its shit together. There are lots of cases where people are reporting that the catalyst control center is causing the drivers themselves to become unstable.

And on my system terminating ccc.exe increases stability of my PC.

So its more than just their Open GL support. They are really dropping balls all over the place.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
As for DX12 or Vulkan(new OpenGL) , even if we could use it...it would mean recode the complete renderer, because those APIs work in a complete different way

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
As for DX12 or Vulkan(new OpenGL) , even if we could use it...it would mean recode the complete renderer, because those APIs work in a complete different way
Dramatic Darth Vader voice: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Also it's not neccessary...the glsl shaders are validated against ATI's own tools and against the Khronos reference compiler. So if something is broken ATI just ****ed up and chances are high that they will **** up DX12 and Vulkan drivers aswell :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also it's not neccessary...the glsl shaders are validated against ATI's own tools and against the Khronos reference compiler. So if something is broken ATI just ****ed up and chances are high that they will **** up DX12 and Vulkan drivers aswell :D
You know darn well that they **** up all the time >.<

I mean their own software is destabilizing the drivers they are making themselves >.<

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I know, i know..somehow i believe they have a group of coders who's job is just to screw things up. I mean normally you got quality controll, even a slight amount of it and that would filter out such releases. But is feels more like it's done on purpose for either 1. Ppl say "Yeeeahh awesome ATI they fixed it"...or they have some Nvidia spys in their company who screw things up :D

I LOVE KITTIES!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok completely off topic

Just throwing ideas out?
..If you already have a DirectX 12 capable GPU, chances are that you will get more than 100 fps on final build of ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
..If you already have a DirectX 12 capable GPU, chances are that you will get more than 100 fps on final build of ESF.
grega said it's highly depending on your cpu.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some things are dependant on the CPU. But Ryo has done a great job moving a lot of stuff to the GPU. So that statement is no longer to correct ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Can we get GIF uploads to show the FX better?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
GIF wtf ? GIF can't even show anything because they are either very low quality ooorrr big as a whale

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Also depends on the contend...that gif there is mostly white, good to compress

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
uh ohhhhh, just finished mah videoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom