Kame battles

zAS

Best answers
I don't know if this post is meant to be here, so I apologize beforehand.

When you are in a "Power Struggle" (when 2 kames meet), I have seen that some of my opponents, once it is made clear that I am the winner (looking at the power bar) they somehow escape the Power Struggle, which gives them a chance the throw me another kame while I'm still helplessly trying to win Power Struggle against no-one.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isnt possible.

Are you shure it was a kame and not a finishing buster of big bang?

zAS

Best answers
i don't really know the difference, could you explain and tell me, if that's the case, how you escape the power struggle?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
finishing buster and big bang are ball attacks wich means they dont have a trail.

Nor do they make the other person stand still.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you use a ball attack to power struggle a beam you arent involved in the struggle, but a ball is easier to push away, if you charge another ball attack while the opponent is struggling with it and throw it into the struggle it'll make it harder for them to push back... also remember that piccolo's special beam cannon is detatchable too, meaning when its fired it doesnt stay with piccolo, instead piccolo is able to move around and charge another one, but with kamehameha's, galit guns, final flash, mouth blasts, etc are all attached, meaning you have to stay in the struggle till its finished.

zAS

Best answers
no no, i'm talking about a power struggle between 2 beams, no balls.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is not possible. There is no way to do what you said unless you rewrite the coding itself.

In aney case that cant be done with out beeing the admin of the server and a damn good coder.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
That is not possible. There is no way to do what you said unless you rewrite the coding itself.

In aney case that cant be done with out beeing the admin of the server and a damn good coder.
Sorry dude, but I think you need to reread his post.

Beamstruggles are possible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Sorry dude, but I think you need to reread his post.

Beamstruggles are possible.
I believe what Grega meant was that you cannot detach your beam if you are in a beam vs beam struggle.

zAS

Best answers
Pain said:
I believe what Grega meant was that you cannot detach your beam if you are in a beam vs beam struggle.
Yes, that's what he meant.

My point is that i haven't seen this once or twice, but several times. I would think that, as you have pointed out, ou can't detach from a power struggle.

And about the coding in the server, I don't think so, cus I tried to detach from that server pressing all saughts of buttons and nothing happened (just died lol).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it was your KHH vs. his Kame Torpedo? They look and sound very similar. That's the only thing I can think of o_O

zAS

Best answers
What is exactly a KHH (sorry for my ignorance). And if it were so, could he escape it in middle of a power struggle?

Thanks for the help, too many users around seem to want to attack and ridiculize us newcomers just because of the number of their posts.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KHH = kamehameha

what do you mean about "ridiculize"?

btw, u sure you werent struggling a special beam cannon? the beam with the spiral beam around it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KHH is an abbrieviation of Kamehameha.

Ridiculize = A combination of ridicule and scrutinize (I imagine).

And yes if you struggle a Kame Torp with your KHH then he'd be free to swoop around, dodge your (won) beamstruggle and fire a KHH back at you. There is no way of breaking from a struggle until it's been won, so I imagine that's what happened.

And give us some credit, I tend to scrutinize users based on their spelling and (over)use of smilies rather than postcount ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i ment, was how did he feel he was being ridiculed...

zAS

Best answers
I tend to scrutinize users based on their spelling
I'm spanish, im making a huge effort, so don't judge me wrong.

And yes if you struggle a Kame Torp with your KHH then he'd be free to swoop around
So if he sends a Kame Torp (I believe that's the one nearly all the players can fire, and its weaker than the KHH, correct me if Im wrong), and you send a KHH; he can detach from the struggle? - I don't understand why he would able to do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you use an energy attack that is not attached to you, you can move around freely. We call these 'Blasts'

If you use an energy attack that is attached to you, you are guiding it, and may put more power into it. We call these 'Beams'

Now, what probably happend to you was this:
You fired a Kamehameha (Beam), he fired something else (Blast).
You were stuck in the struggle (Beam), he was not even in the struggle (Blast).

See how that works?

zAS

Best answers
Yeah, I already understand that concept.

But even so, I want to stay firm on my first message: they were 2 BEAMS colliding (i used the word "kame" incorrectly on the first post).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With normal, unaltered ESF v1.2.3, disconnecting your beams is not possible.

Now, you may have been playing on a server that has been altered somehow, or you may simply be confused and you were actually struggling a blast.

Either way... it's not a built in feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom