Kai Voice Actors.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So will ESF have the original English dub or Kai's actors or will it be a selection between the two. I have a personal preference for Kai's actors because the new Gohan is so damn good[video=youtube;2prDUlI3Pjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prDUlI3Pjo[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't really like the Kai actors. I think it'd be best if they had an option on installation, much like the current installation option in 1.2.3 allowing the Japanese voices, to switch between Kai, Funi, or Ocean. This is ideal, however, it can't be easy to do all this, as this requires a lot of stuff to do to have 3 or 4 different sounds for each character - it mounts up.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd imagine it would be the kai voices because for the most part their voices don't sound like they've been recorded 20 years ago...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I believe they said they were using the Funimation voices. I do recognize some of the improvements in a few of the voices in Kai, though, given the age of this project it seems fitting that they are going with the classic voices. There will be no alternate voices in the official release, but it's been stated somewhere that fans could create such packs with a lil effort.

On a side note, I just cant stand how kai ruined the voices for most of the bad guys(my favorite characters in the show being Frieza and Cell), thus I don't care for it at all, what with somewhere like 30% of the series being cut out and all.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Kai dub is far more accurate than the original one. Both come from FUNimation, but the original one was made back when FUNi was a weak company which sucked at its job. I believe (can't be bothered to confirm), in Kai they're using the original Japanese names for techniques (like "Makankosappo") instead of made up names ("Special Beam Cannon"). If that's the case, I'd personally prefer the usage of Kai dub in ESF. However, IIRC Karrde has already been working on the old FUNi dub sound files, so I don't know how possible such scenario is.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah Kai voices ruined Frieza by giving him a fairly menacing laugh and a voice that sounds just like someone who thinks way to much that he is the greatest thing that exists.

How foolish. He was supposed to sound like a really angry mental middle aged female crack-addict or a crazy grandma that you would hear screaming nonsense and profanity in big city Subways.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't really like the Kai actors. I think it'd be best if they had an option on installation, much like the current installation option in 1.2.3 allowing the Japanese voices, to switch between Kai, Funi, or Ocean. This is ideal, however, it can't be easy to do all this, as this requires a lot of stuff to do to have 3 or 4 different sounds for each character - it mounts up.
On a side note, I just cant stand how kai ruined the voices for most of the bad guys(my favorite characters in the show being Frieza and Cell), thus I don't care for it at all, what with somewhere like 30% of the series being cut out and all.
I dont like this voice at all for gohan. The original one is far better in my oppinion
This, this, and this.

Glad I got to watch the show through the funimation dub for voices and music.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, it's that bad? I never checked it out myself. Oh well. Though I wonder if you wouldn't say the same if old FUNi dub and Kai dub switched places and you were used to the Kai one.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally grew up with the original japanese version as it was aired on tv. Later on the show was cancelled on that tv station in my country and as soon as i got connected to the internet (a few years later) i caught up with the series. The problem was that i could only find the english dub version at that time and oddly enough i liked it.
Now....i can't stand it. :)
Most of the times i prefer the original. So original DB japanese voices and Kai japanese voices(don't know if they changed something here) are my choice.

As for ESF:Final... they said that it won't have more language packs for the first release the reason being the large amount of sound files needed and all the work implied by that. However if we manage to get the sounds list and a small tutorial of how to do things i would gladly start to work on a japanese sound pack( like i stated a while back).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
However if we manage to get the sounds list and a small tutorial of how to do things i would gladly start to work on a japanese sound pack( like i stated a while back).
I am very strongly in favor of this. Perhaps to put it in the 'Help Finish ESF: Final' section.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. I would've liked to help more but i simply don't have the skills necessary for that(elementary PS skills don't count).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Balugar[Fr];1976409 said:
Hi guys ! TeamFourStars is really impressive! They make the serie DBZ Abridged, if you try to take contact with them we will be able to have nice voice for the characters.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvazPPlhZlch0-Z3wPByeg
This is their channel on Youtube.
Heey now that I think about it the guys that voiced Piccolo and Frieza in that series unless it's the same person did sound remarkably a lot like the voices from the Kai voice-actors.

I think they would even be in favour for such a thing since it's obvious how much they love that series and also maybe at the promise of getting an early access to ESF:F or something like that...

Or you can just take their voices from their videos and make an addon because most of their dialogues are not over covered by ambient noise or music anyway...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually a Voice packs should be in the Help Finish ESF:Final. There could be Original Funi dub for those who like bad voice acting (Ha! I'm Biased!) Kai for those who want a dub with better voice acting and closer dialogue to the manga. Ocean for those who love absolute shitty no effort voice acting. TFS for those who love the Abridged parody. Japanese for those who want the original. Big Green for those who want to go absolutely bat shit insane everytime they hear all the effort the voice actors put into their lines. Malaysian for the fans of vegituh. Blue Water Dub for the UK folks.

Oh and Justin Chatwin incase you want to relive the most painful nightmare of all time over and over.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or the Ocean dub with Vegeta and the "next dimension"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh and Justin Chatwin incase you want to relive the most painful nightmare of all time over and over.
That should include the sound of him crying when in-game Goku dies. And if there are no sounds that could be picked up for this, just put in a baby crying and show a picture of his face when he cries.
No one will be able to tell the difference anyway...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Or the Ocean dub with Vegeta and the "next dimension"
If that's the case I'll have my Vegeta spamming what happened on Rygol-7, and then constantly say that he's going to send you to the next dimension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom