Just watched X Men: First Class

Force Pit Member
Best answers
and found out the human hatred for mutants is forced by the director.

tiny spoilers -
As I understand X Men and this specific movie:

1) They end the fight with Sebastian Shaw, Magneto tells them that the humans will hate them because they are, as mutants, are different and humans are afraid of the different and unknown. which is true, to a degree.

2) Professor X thinks that the mutants should try and advance towards blending with the human society.

But when you kind of think of it, the only reason humans are afraid of mutants is because MAGENTO ******* ATTACKS THEM ALL THE TIME FROM THE PREJUDICE THAT HUMANS WILL HATE THEM NO MATTER WHAT.

What if he was, to lets say, join charles xavier and use the mutants to, I don't know, build homes for homeless people? cleaning the streets of crime?

Yes, people might be disgust by people like Beast or Mystique, but they won't HATE them.

I don't care if ******* aliens land here, if they solve the world hunger crisis, fuel crisis or I don't know, get people out of poverty, I will not hate them no matter their abilities or looks.
I seriously think all the theortical hate towards mutants (in the film, at least, I dont know the build up in the comics) is very forced and isn't very likely to happen.

What you guys seriously think, did I miss something that abolishes all of my points above?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After seeing XMen First Class, all I wanted was a movie with Magneto going from city to city, hunting down nazis. That was the best part of that movie.
Oh, and I didn't think the actress playing Mistique was suited for that role.

Also, Deco, Magneto is the way he is because he went through the holocaust as a child then experimented on by humans. The last part of the movie only serves to prove his point, that humans will always hate mutants.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that it was portrayed badly in the movies and especially in the T.V. show, but the fear about mutants is very legitimate. Some of those mutants could level an entire city in half a day without breaking a sweat. So yeah, even if you had the majority of mutants trying to do good for the community, you'd still have a few rotten apples who had badass mutant powers like time travel who would go around killing Kennedy and Lincoln and shit, ruining it for everyone.

I do agree with you though, it did seem forced in the movies, but maybe that's just a fault of the medium. You only have 2 hours to convey all these complex ideas, and the result of that is that something as complex as this doesn't go over well in that format. Just didn't have enough time to make it not seem forced, I guess.

Discord Member
Best answers
well taht was always the problem with x-men, every time they were on good standings some bad mutant would **** things up for them. like some mutants just have agendas to kill all humans and some just cant control their powers and cause huge damage they dont mean to. and magneto has always been one of those mutants that decides to shit on the humans every time they are about to accept the mutants into their world. (a part of me thinks he does it just for his ego ... so then he can say "see ... told you they will hate us eventually ... WELL DERR UR ALWAYS TRYIN SHIT DUMBASS >< ) hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom