Just checking but...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The frequency at which an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ operates is 2.08GHz, or at least the ones I found. I found a couple that operate at 1.91GHz or close. Why?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm...yea point is I don't wanna call people outside my country, and if there would be in my country they would probably just tell me to format everything witch inevitably will get me nowhere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't know that... Your card is underclocked for some reason. If it were me, I'd open the BIOS and raise the clock speed. But only do it if you honestly know what you're doing, because you can burn up your card this way (especially with old ass AMDs that run hot like yours).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why they just name it so 2600 means 2.6 ghz???

Isn't that so much easier?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Google CPU-Z,dl it, run the test, see how much GHZ you have while doing so. Maybe it only rises when it's under stress.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok so I went into bios and turns out there's an easy setting there for how many GHz I could chose between 1.15 ghz 1.5ghz 1.9ghz and 2.3ghz I chose 1.9 but after a few hours it heats up and crashes so I have to let it ool down like 30-60 min before I can start it again so it doesn't fry. I put it at 1.5ghz and I got no problems with it.

But my curent question is what do I have to do to increase my cooler speed if I can do that is, or should I buy a new one and will that help me run 2.3 for 24 hrs.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Definitely buy a cooler for it. Like I said, old AMD cards run hot as hell under stress. I also advise you to turn the clock speed back down to what it originally was until you get a cooler, otherwise you could damage the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom