jumping needs more directional thrust/motion

Best answers
the title preaty much says it all, atm i think the current jump is too much of a little choir boy hop instead of a real leap which is one of the reasons why being on the ground in esf makes u so vulnerable, its almost imposible to dodge anything because u have so little horizontal motion when trying to evade, u just bounce straight up. i think you should be able to do wall jumping type jumps which are easily stringed together anywhere on the ground and not just when touching a sloped surface. But of course u shouldn't be able to jump as far or high compared to wall jumps

Best answers
So what you are saying is that jumping should increase your speed and manueverability while on the ground?

Best answers
i dont know if that is what u ment eaz135 but how about making the jumps more dbz-like? in the show many times the characters jump not up but jump back. it similers to the double-tap back swoop but its just a jump. very sharp angel towrds that back. hope u got what im saying...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know what you mean {-S-T-S-} and it sounds great (could be an add for 1.3)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, the energy drain should be removed from the jump, I mean they can blow up the earth in DBZ and not sweat, but jumping makes them tired. :/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have a point there would make it real and the back jump should get its salto back
(my personal fave is Vegetas duble salto backjump from the EVM model pack)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jumping is too easy. Swoop against the ground and press jump when you release, you'll get the jump you are looking for.

Best answers
sonic - i know what u mean. but i suggested that if u were to stand on the ground u could make an even sharper jump without having to swoop first

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look, dodging is easy as hell already, why make it totally free? Beam jump if you want a sharp jab of speed. Even if you only have an 8th of your max ki left you can still flick on turbo and get a min charged gen beam that'll send you rocketing a little ways. People who charge up beams and jump around on the ground are annoying enough. If you're on the ground and out of ki, you're going to get smacked, just like if you were in the air. Jump is just for getting you relatively high into the air without draining a lot of ki.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
better have a higher jump when tubo is on, atleast like dbz.
the normal jump get's lower then current but the turbo jump get's higher then normal.

Best answers
sonic i think ur missing the whole point of this thread. in dbz jumping was used alot to dodge and to cover a distance in a shorter time and it was very effective as well, in esf its the complete opposite. also, can u refer me to a point in the series where someone beamjumped to evade.

Best answers
I agree with Sonic, I think your idea would be great eaz135, but it wouldmake dodging too easy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a much better idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

okayy okayy LISTEN evERYONE!!!

you just press jump, you jump straight in the air

u hold forward and jump, you do forward somersaults

u hold back and jump, you do backwards somersaults if you hold back and keep pressing jump

etc etc with the other directions

now this only works on the ground.. u can do these jumps in the air of course

when u do a backward somersault it should be sorta quick, not as quick as the swoop, but more of an angle instead of straight up... maybe 45 degree or less.. would be another way to dodge attacks, compared to swoop.. swoop would be a quick get away, somersault would be slower of course.. i picture ppl using somersault when someone keeps throwing small ki balls.. you could get away.. and ppl using swoop to get away when someone is swooping at you

Best answers
eaz135 said:
sonic i think ur missing the whole point of this thread. in dbz jumping was used alot to dodge and to cover a distance in a shorter time and it was very effective as well, in esf its the complete opposite. also, can u refer me to a point in the series where someone beamjumped to evade.
goku did it when he fought freeza. u wanna check it out? go to the first episode where they started to fight. i think the beam jump was on episode 73

Best answers
i kan mention more than one time beamjump is used...
Goku against Evil piccolo... Used it to slam into him.
Goku against Freeza... used to evade a biggy ball(not the Deathball...
what {-S-T-S-} said).
But i cant remember anybody els using it.

And you are right eaz135. In the series, jumping was
only used to cover more ground without flying.

I also agree with Sonic Boyster, that its allready easy to
dodge attacks. A few teleports and you have dodged...
Unless you are close to the ground and would then
need to teleport some more(aka biggy boom)

But all in all i miss the saltos when jumping backward...
And a more forward jump when holding forward would be
nice... i feel so slow when i just jump upward o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom