Lost
Cloverfield
Alias
Star Trek (2009)

welp

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved the 2009 Star Trek movie. I need to rewatch the whole series again.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as his movies go, I find them pretty hit or miss...

But he might do pretty well on Star Wars, considering how awesomely Star Trek came out.

As long as Lucas being a creative consultant means Abrams tells him to stfu 99% of the time.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
p.s disney is publisher so dont expect good movie they beated the shit out of ultimate spider-man

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, disney animations and disney movie production are pretty different, especially in story quality. Considering how amazing The Avengers is, I'm not too worried about that.

I'm just hoping the script isn't as retarded as clones and revenge of the sith

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The first Pirates movie was good, but Disney sure did take a steaming shit on the rest of them, gah. Disney is usually pretty hit or miss, I don't think they are capable of mediocrity. It's either really good or god-awful.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Star Wars beginning with an Invasion of Normandy parallel featuring storm troopers, commandos, jedi and others. Bloody, gory, terrifying.

And ******* box office gold.

Anything less is just filler until we get to that point.

Former Forcepit Member :(
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
i do wonder if they will bring back some of the original cast like carrie fisher and mark hamill as the leaders of the jedi

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
i do wonder if they will bring back some of the original cast like carrie fisher and mark hamill as the leaders of the jedi
There is a rumor that harrison ford and mark hamill will take place in the movie. of course it's just a rumor but it would be nice. Maybe it will continue like the game star wars jedi academy: In the game Luke has an jedi academy and trains jedi's

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the only thing we can do is hope for the best.
But whenever i think of Disney i remember one title that i was dissappointed of.... Prince of Persia.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
JJ Abrams in control of Star Trek AND Star Wars? Yes please.

I know it will be hit or miss but I'm just so excited Star Wars is finally going to get a well deserved reboot. Apparently Zack Snyder is doing a spinoff movie even before Episode 7, need to find where I heard that.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
LOL, that guys hilarious. Funny how I thought for the longest time that's his actual behaviour and voice. Then one day I saw a "serious" video of him talking about himself and I was like "WHAT THE ****, BOOOOOOM". Turns out he's actualy a cool guy.

But Francis says the movie director sucks? Does he?

And I'm just hoping the new movie franchise spawns inspiration for another Jedi Knight (which it won't, god damn it).

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
There is a rumor that harrison ford and mark hamill will take place in the movie. of course it's just a rumor but it would be nice. Maybe it will continue like the game star wars jedi academy: In the game Luke has an jedi academy and trains jedi's
From what I'm to understand, all 3 of them have said they would come back for the next trilogy (or for as long as their characters are in it). I can't see Luke doing much action, my guess is he'll be more 'Yoda' for these films. I wonder if they are going to follow the comics and make Leia a Jedi who turned Luke back to the light after confronting the Emperor, who wasn't truly destroyed at the end of RotJ (yes, that's a canon continuation of the story). Of course, this will be years after the fact.. but I hope they recognize these things.

On the note of JJ.. I hated what he did to Star Trek, I loved McCoy though.. such a great way to stay so close to the character, but still make him 'fresh'. Past that, I couldn't care less for the guy as a director.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering what he had to work with (the original Star Trek), its amazing it turned out as good as it did.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Alot of people hated his story-line for Star Trek, but you have to admit he did a good job with the movie itself. Had excellent casting, alot of funny moments, great action, and a very well monitored cameo. He didn't overplay future Spock like alot of people would've ended up doing.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The story was bad, as you said. I loved the McCoy character, like I said.. the other characters cast (minus Kirk, I thought he was poorly cast) had the look like they could do the characters they were cast for with the proper material, but the only one I believed was McCoy. It was funny, yes, but TOS was funny not because it was meant to be but because of awkwardly delivered lines and Shatner's overacting. It had tons of action.. and I think that was my real problem with it. ST isn't an action series though, it was a series about the other races and aliens. It had action yes, but it was never the focus.

As for Nimoy, he's been playing that character for so long, and unlike some of the cast from TOS, he really understands the impact that series.. and his character especially, had on the world. I have a hard time believing that he would have ever even thought of overplaying the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom