Japanese Woman Caught Living in Man's Closet, For 1 Year

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yahoo News! said:
By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press WriterFri May 30, 3:21 PM ET

A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.

Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.

The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.

One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the man's house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.

She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."

Source
: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/ap_on_...an_closet_woman

That's slightly amusing, it exemplifies the dire measurements humans take to survive. That is a witty women, although I would have caught her probably right after she got in the closet, I mean, doesn't the man ever wear jackets?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 bucks says she used to be a ninja.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just realize most of these article threads are from Digg... :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I totally saw this on mainichi. Man that ****'s crazy. Someone living in your house with out you even knowing?

10$ says this will be a horror movie in like a year.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha this is trippy. This isnt as uncommon as people think, Ive known many drug addicts briefly resorting to such things, but a -year- undetected?! Thats quite an achievement ^_^ People are nothing if not resourceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom