Its that time once again...

Best answers
Is that why you don't like it? (lol)
Nope, i just dont like it. Only reason i would consider to watch it would be because its a classic.

To be pretty frank, Naruto's writing has become dreadfully awful. You think it's not repetitive... oh, but it is.
Not if you read the manga, and atlest they dont repeat the whole cycle like they seem to do in Bleach at the moment...

And please stop trying to convert me to DB/DBZ, because that is a bit annoying. Besides im trying search a bit shorter animes at the moment.(around 26 episodes or less)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would suggest Witch Hunter Robin. It's pretty short though, only 26 episodes, which was way too short imo, they had something good going too, they could have turned it into a weekly witch hunt type thing.

Anyway, it was dubbed in english and I have watched it in both japanese and english and well, there really is no difference besides the language, both have a great sense of emotion and they did a good job on selecting the voice actors for the english dub (notably Amon, the badass of the show).

Other than that show, if you are into murder mystery I would suggest Detective Conan. It's very long and most of its not subbed in english (there are over 400 episodes and 8 movies if I remember correctly, and still running). There was a dub attempt by funimation but it kinda got dropped and I dont think the dub went very far, even on the dvd releases (maybe 70 episodes). But so Far I think there are subs up to 200 and over half of the movies are subbed.

Then there is Blood+ which I just finished watching, there are 50 episodes and an older movie it was said to be based off of (blood, the last vampire). I saw the movie after I finished the series and well...besides the main characters name, and the monsters I didn't see much of a link, the main characters personality is very different in the series (not so badass). The movie itself was pretty awesome, the animation was very nice and there was a good amount of gore in there, but it was very short, roughly 15mins longer than an episode of the series. This anime is also being dubbed, I have only seen a few episodes of the dub so I really cant judge it.

So..Witch Hunter Robin, Detective Conan, and Blood+, those are a few of my favorite animes, along with the ones you have already seen, FMA and Samurai Champloo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not if you read the manga, and atlest they dont repeat the whole cycle like they seem to do in Bleach at the moment...

And please stop trying to convert me to DB/DBZ, because that is a bit annoying. Besides im trying search a bit shorter animes at the moment.(around 26 episodes or less)
Well. I'd hate to upset you, but they do repeat the cycle in Naruto. As of recently, (Shippuuden) they've displayed some of the worst writing, ever. The series, as well as the original one, contains characters who are variations of older ones, seen much before.

I'm not trying to convert you. Apparently you're more into story/plot, and character development.... and the more traditional anime (drawing style, plots). I recommended Dragon Ball because it was the first to stand out the most in Japan. The reason I seem to come on strong is because I had to remind you of the original Dragon Ball. And that's like telling a child who's massively into cartoons what Batman, or Spider-Man is.

Best answers
Club to Death Angel Dokuro-chan

It's the most comedic anime i've seen to date, combining cute quirkiness with blood baths :x

Honestly, it's a pretty fun anime to watch, and if you haven't seen it or heard about it, you should really give it a check-out.

http://www.veoh.com/static/flash/players/videodetails.swf?permalinkId=v3681382eCySzY8

Episode 1 and 2. Enjoy :)

EDIT: Vegeta - Dragonball/Z is either something you can watch no matter how repetitive it gets, or something you can't for the same reason. I honestly never enjoyed Dragonball myself.

Best answers
Thanks for the replies, I think im going to watch Black Lagoon next as Tsunami recommended because it seemed pick my intrest.
Currently to watch list:
-Black lagoon
-Getbackers
-Witch hunter Robin
-Finish Samurai deeper Kyo someday...
-Some other...

Club to death Angel Dokuro-chan might be a lot of fun too, it just seems a bit pointless though. (Yes i watched the 1st episode you sended Keiha)

Best answers
Phob told me about an anime called "Desert Punk" I watched it and I gotta say it's pretty good, you should try it aswell.
Oh yeah, i forgot all about that. I saw a trailer type of video of it and though it looked cool. Im definately adding that to my list...

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I OWN THIS DESERT B!TCHES!!!

Ya also make sure you find it in english the english dub for desert punk aka (Sunabouzu) is far better then the original japanese dub and subs trust me on that they got some awesome voice actors to do the voices and they fit each character perfectly.

Hmm if you like mecha theres the entire Gundam U.C series(Mobile suit gundam(42 Episode series), The 08th ms team(12 episode OVA), 0080 War in the Pocket(6 Episode OVA), 0083 Stardust memories(13 Episode OVA), Zeta Gundam(50 episode series), ZZ Gundam(47 episode series) and finally Char's Counter Attack(Movie) you can watch there is more in the UC saga theres also one Gundam series not considered in the U.C saga but its called Mobile Fight G Gundam which is 49 episodes. These Gundam Series are by far better then that of Wing, Seed and all others.

hmmm what else...(brief pauses are me looking in my anime folder ^_^)
Erementar Gerad in north america they called it Elemental Gillade or some stupid sh!t like that. Its 26 episodes its some what like Shaman King not sure if you have seen that or not but instead of fusing with ghosts to create powerful weapons they fuse with these other types of beings to form powerful weapons. It has a good story and some good fighting scenes.

Also Martian Successor Nadesico it spoofs a lot of mecha animes and I thought it was pretty cool to watch its 26 episodes with an 1h:18m:00s movie called Prince of Darkness I enjoyed it and recommend it to any mecha fan out there.

I've been watching King Gainer its not bad and has the best opening ever!
Still haven't finished it yet but its another 26 episode series but I'm enjoying it.

Best answers
Erementar Gerad in north america they called it Elemental Gillade or some stupid sh!t like that.
On that logic would you prefer if Dragonball Z was referred to as Doragon Bōru Zetto?

The translation of the title is a little questionable because it isn't completely clear what it was derived from, as the show apparently contains many English and German words.

However if you were to pronounce Elemental Gelade with Japanese phonology, you'd end up with something like Erementar Gerad.

So you cant blame them from changing the title to something the average person can pronounce easily.

Best answers
I OWN THIS DESERT B!TCHES!!!
All your desert are belong to us. Period

@Jariroth
Get Daa! Daa! Daa! or Ranma 1/2
These are action free and comedy only. Ranma 1/2 is good. But season 2 and 3 suck. While season 1 was good and season 4 rocks.
I havent watched 5 and beyond coz i didnt get the dubs. btw the dubs are really good too. If you want them add me on msnm.

Best answers
Yeah it's not so much a point, but then again i've only seen like 10 episodes. Too busy to watch them, even though I want to :p

Fun stuff.

Best answers
Definitely go with Black Lagoon, I liked the series a lot

Also, if you have any kind of interest in quantum physics, get Noein, it is a highly underrated and unknown series for as awesome as I thought it was, good fight scenes good story, though the kids are young, still a good show

Best answers
Yep, i decided im going to watch Black lagoon next. But i'm not sure which one to watch after that. But i guess i can decide that after i watched it...

Mog

Best answers
Marian Successor Nadesico!!! (i know it was already said)
...and you don't have Cowboy Bebop on that list!!?

Others:
Excel Saga, Burn Up, Sumomo mo Momo mo [hope i spelt that right], Ninja Scroll, Tenjou Tenge...

Also, if you like Final Fantasy, you must watch "Final Fantasy VII - Last Order"! :smile: (25min short anime)

Best answers
Also, if you like Final Fantasy, you must watch "Final Fantasy VII - Last Order"! :smile: (25min short anime)
I have watched it :D It was a extra feature on FFVII - Advent children DVD.
I liked it because i am fan of the the Final fantasy VII.(First FF i ever played completely through.)

Mog

Best answers
Do you actually have it on the DVD? I thought it was only on limited edition copies that were released only in Japan?

It's definitely not on either of the 2 discs of my copy of Advent Children. :(

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gekigan Flare!!!

Good to see there are other nadesico fans out there hehe.

Jariroth: Your next anime should either be Desert Punk or Martian Successor Nadesico for sure trust me on that. ^_^

Best answers
Yep, i decided im going to watch Black lagoon next. But i'm not sure which one to watch after that. But i guess i can decide that after i watched it...
well FYI there are 2 seasons of black lagoon :D

Best answers
No... dont do death note.... its good, but it should have been a 20 episode show. But when they took it to episode 27 and above... yuck.

No offense. But I read the manga and the story plainly sucks.... Watched till 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom