Its that time once again...

Best answers
I want you to suggest a anime i should watch. And i also want a explanation why should i watch it or why it is so good.
I dont want a simple answer like "Watch *That anime* because its good". Try to be specific about what you liked in it(story, characters, action, comedy, quality of animation...etc)

Heres a small list of animes i have already seen(I have probably forgotten to list some):

Trigun
Neon genesis evangelion
Chobits
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
12 Kingdoms
Great teacher onizuka
Elfen lied
Fullmetal alchemist
Full metal panic!
FMP? fumoffu
FMP! TSR
Mahou sensei Negima
Ai****eruze Baby
Hellsing
Midori no hibi
Hachimitsu to clover
Ichigo 100%
Amaenaideyo!
Amaenaideyo Katsu!
Fate stay-night
School rumble
Berserk
Samurai Champloo
Azumanga Daioh
.Hack//sign (+.hack//gift)
Infinite Ryvius
Love Hina
Love Hina Again
Oh my Goddess! TV
Mai-hime
Fruits Basket
Green Green
FLCL
Black cat
Nurse witch Komugi-chan
Soultaker
DNA^2
D.N.Angel
Spiral
Eyeshield 21
Naruto
Bleach
Gintama
School Rumble 2nd term
Flame of Recca
Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu
Genshiken - Currently watching

Best answers
One Piece.

I'm surprised it's not on your list.

Its packed full of so much goodness, its hard to cut it down.

Its got great characters, humour, action, storytelling, you name it.

Once you get over the slightly odd character designs, you'll discover an anime that has originality in spades, a loveable cast of characters and one of the most unpredictable storylines ever.

Also its about Pirates dude.

Pirates

Best answers
Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Its really good. The main character is this guy called Kyoshiro. He is this perverted loony guy who apparently has no powers but is hunted down by bounty hunters. But he has this alter ego kinda persona within him. Deomon Eyes Kyo who got locked up inside Kyoshiro, whom he hates. While Kyoshiro is the crazy type, Kyo is more like the Mr Hyde. But he is sort of a good villain....

The story goes around Kyo trying to get his original Body back.
Animation is good. Its like most new anime.
Comedy surrounds this girl Yuha Who is a small time bounty hunter. Kyoshiro usually gets knocked in the noggin for trying stuff with her.
Action: Pure l33t. Sword fights, basically. Nope... no Shikais or bankais here. Its 00% Original
Why i watched it: Kyo looks like no, he IS Alucard from Hellsing lol.
Story: To the point and no **** in between. I say start watching it after you get all 26 episodes. Its a watch all at once anime.

26 episodes in all.
I'd say 8.5 to 9

EDIT: ZOMFG... NIO DBZ ON TEH LIST...... KAAAAMEEEEHAAAAA.....MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HA!!!!!

Best answers
Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Okay, im gonna suprise you with this but i have watched this to the episode where that lance guy gets that different lance after he kills his father or something. Somehow i didnt watch it to end because i lended it from my friend and one of DVD's didnt work so i left it half watched.

The story didnt leave me waiting to know whats going to happen next. The fights were kind of lame sometimes. I was expecting Samurai champloo type samurai fighting, but in the end they used some weird magic and the animators were lazy in animating some of the fights.
But i guess ill have to finish it someday afterall.

Best answers
Fate/stay night

Great show that combines romance, comedy, action (both physical and magical) plus it has a really good plot.

quick synopsis...

"Emiya Shirou is a highschool boy who lives in Fuyuki City. His parents died in a fire when he was young, after that he was adopted by an old man who refer himself as a sorcerer, but he died too.
What Shirou doesn`t know, is that the underground of Fuyuki City is the place of a great war.
When the time is right, sorcerers from near and far gather with their Servants - the summoned spirits of heroes so mighty they exist outside of time - and fight a war for possession of the Holy Grail, a relic said to grant its owner a wish. The true names of the Servants reveal their weaknesses, and so they are usually referred to by a classification of type instead; Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster, and Assassin.

One day, Shirou saw a fight between two servants, Archer and Lancer.
To preserve the secrecy of the war, Lancer mortally wounds him; but a girl who up until now seemed a normal classmate of his, Tohsaka Rin, saves his life using a magical pendant.
On his way home, Lancer attacked him again. Just before he`s about to die for good, the servant Saber appears before him, greeting him with the words "Are you my master?""

Or Black Lagoon

Combines action, some comedy, drama and deals with almost anything illegal.

short synopsis

"When Okajima Rokuro visits Southeast Asia carrying a top secret disk, he is kidnapped by pirates riding in the torpedo boat, “Black Lagoon”. Although he thought he would be rescued soon, the company actually abandons him, and sends mercenaries to retrieve the secret disk. He narrowly escapes with his life, but has nowhere to go. He gives up his name and past, and resolves to live as a member of the Black Lagoon."

Best answers
ok, but you should try to finish it.

Another one is getbackers.
Good story, but towards the ending it deviates from the manga and so the ending arc sucks. But the first arc rocks.

Im too lazy to type about it so go wiki for it.

Best answers
Fate/stay night

Or Black Lagoon
If you look closely i have Fate/stay night on my list of watched animes, but i have heard about that black lagoon and i heard its good, its definately on my list to watch.

Ninjas>>>pirates
Nope, Pirates are a lot funnier.

ok, but you should try to finish it.

Another one is getbackers.
Good story, but towards the ending it deviates from the manga and so the ending arc sucks. But the first arc rocks.

Im too lazy to type about it so go wiki for it.
Dont worry ill finish it someday when i get time. I added Getbackers on my list aswell, because Lionheart already kind of recommended it to me...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BEAST WARS.
Seriously. Scrap the anime scene and reminisce on Beast Wars nostalgia. (Beasties over here in Canada)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You haven't seen Dragon Ball / Z? If you haven't see any of those, then watch them - if you're any sort of fan of anime, you're missing out on a classic. It's a bit of a shame.

The only other one I can think of is Lupin the 3rd.

Your list's surprising. It's apparent you haven't seen some of the classics of anime history.

Best answers
You haven't seen Dragon Ball / Z? If you haven't see any of those, then watch them - if you're any sort of fan of anime, you're missing out on a classic. It's a bit of a shame.

The only other one I can think of is Lupin the 3rd.

Your list's surprising. It's apparent you haven't seen some of the classics of anime history.
I have seen Dragonballz, but i havent once again seen all of it. I saw everything from Sayian saga to the end of frieza saga. Then i saw parts of Android saga, Cell saga and Buu saga. Never actually wanted to finish it because the story gets repetative.

1. Random evil guy pops up
2. Random evil guy is the strongest person in Universe
3. Main characters trains like hell
4. Main characters beat the Random Evil guy
5. Repeat all the steps

I'll consider Lupin the 3rd though, doesnt seem like my style tough...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Random evil guy pops up
2. Random evil guy is the strongest person in Universe
3. Main characters trains like hell
4. Main characters beat the Random Evil guy
5. Repeat all the steps

I'll consider Lupin the 3rd though, doesnt seem like my style tough...
So, do you concede to hating American comics? Dragon Ball was said to have more variety, and originality than most of them..

Also, why did you ignore Dragon Ball? I wasn't only talking about Z, you know. Dragon Ball is probably the best animated Japanese cartoon in history.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well dude. It had character development for one. It also had a better plot - it was more about skill in battle than loud screaming & senseless punching. Dragon Ball Z moreso stood out for the originality of the fighting & transformations, and the uniqueness of its characters.

Best answers
So, do you concede to hating American comics? Dragon Ball was said to have more variety, and originality than most of them..

Also, why did you ignore Dragon Ball? I wasn't only talking about Z, you know. Dragon Ball is probably the best animated Japanese cartoon in history.
Oh well, to tell you the truth i dont really read any american comics. Of course DBZ was good for a while, but it got a bit repetative so i couldnt find myself in front of TV when it aired. As for Dragonball i havent watched it, but ill add it to my list.

To tell you the truth i watch most of my anime with my little sister. She has no problems with watching Naruto or Bleach or any other kind of Action anime with me, but somehow i got a feeling she doesnt like Dragonball, because its too "manly"...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a feeling she doesnt like Dragonball, because its too "manly"...
Is that why you don't like it? (lol)

Of course DBZ was good for a while, but it got a bit repetative so i couldnt find myself in front of TV when it aired. As for Dragonball i havent watched it, but ill add it to my list.
To be pretty frank, Naruto's writing has become dreadfully awful. You think it's not repetitive... oh, but it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom