it is possible??

Best answers
To creat a map that if u out of the arena (ring out) u will be killed (like triger hert)

if there is already map like this can some1 give me link??
10x ahead!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could just make trigger_hurt around the arena, but that would always be on. I was thinking maybe have something that activates the trigger_hurt field.
Like have a trigger_multiple on the arena, or a func_button that could be activated to turn on/off the trigger_hurt field.

Best answers
its dont metter if u dont want the trigger_hurt so swich map
but someone can make this map?
of the warld turnament arena
and if it will have ppl that waching u it will be super cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be freaking annoying because if you ahve a tournament and other people come to the server there gonna like to walk around in the places like WORLD TOURNAMENT because is annoying to stay flying and then come to the ring when it's your turn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Galst Vic said:
That would be freaking annoying because if you ahve a tournament and other people come to the server there gonna like to walk around in the places like WORLD TOURNAMENT because is annoying to stay flying and then come to the ring when it's your turn.
He can put like a cliff that people could stand on :p, hes just talking about around the arena.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why not a trigger teleport? If you end up out of the arena, you'll get teleported to a spectator room.

Best answers
i think cold steels idea is good that way u wont loose frags etc but i also like the normal idea and yea it would make a good maps for a fight etc

good idea (i might edit my arena map so this idea could work hehe(thats after i finish my namek map)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VeGeTa14 said:
this is not a good idea
Then don't reply f00! J/k :D Next time just say why you don't like an idea. It helps people a great deal.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually think the trigger_teleport is a better idea.
Possibly have rounds of everyone on the arena, once you get knocked off you're teleported to a spectator room for your team, and when your entire team is in the spectator room, your team loses the round.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be a lot of them, and I'm not sure if all of them required to do it are in the ESF FGD file.
I was thinking something along the lines of having func_multiple fields in the spectator room, once they're all activated then they activate a trigger_relay or a multi_manager which sets the team's loss and updates a text scoreboard kept and controlled by a game_text or an env_message, which you'd have to set the latter by messing with sentances.txt. I don't think it'd be possible in ESF now that I think about it, it sounds like something someone would do in Sven Co-Op, which I have been playing too much. :p

Best answers
would it kill you if you donnot touch the ground or any objects? becasue if your flying it doesn't count as disqualified does it? if your going off tournament rules are you, eg get knicked out but not touching the ground while out would you die/teleport?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless I have the main idea of this map wrong.. it doesn't sound too great.

Basically, you want to make it so that falling out of the ring either kills you or teleports you somewhere else in a game where the entire melee premise is smashing someone far away?

Doesn't work too well imo.

Best answers
I liked the idea, so here you go kids.
esf_duelskies pic1

If you land outside of the stone arena below a certain height and hit the ground, you'll get crushed!
The map is ideal for 1 on 1 duels and you can base the scores on the number of deaths.
but I dunno... you could have a free for all if you really want :)

You can download it here:esf_duelskies1

or here:esf_duelskies2 (have to disable download accelerators for this one)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice :) I will try it right away.

Best answers
cold steel said:
Nice :) I will try it right away.
tnx, and pls tell me how it plays, any suggestions?...
i havent had a chance to test it out properly.

btw cold, hows the progress on the babidi map?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, actually i was attempting to try it out, the link isn't working.-_-

Best answers
cold steel said:
Well, actually i was attempting to try it out, the link isn't working.-_-
yeah, **** happens when u try and get things hosted for free.
ive updated the link though. if anyone can host this map, please do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom