ISP or modem problems

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now, his has happened before and it worked itself out but its becoming a big nuisance lately, it simply wont go away

my internet simply cuts off, the DSL light on my modem stays on yet no internet is being sent to any of the computers on the network, it comes backon after maybe 10-15 minutes, or after i restart the modem,

since its going through a router, most people assumed it was a router problem when i explained it to them, however the router is just fine, i hooked the modem directly to my computer and the internet still cuts off after awhile,

since the DSL light stays on i assume that theres nothing wrong with the phoneline, else that would go off wouldnt it?

im pretty sure its not the isp cuz the last time i called them when this happened they said there was nothing wrong with it

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it possible that you have filesharing on? If you exceed your upspeed limit, you may find that you choke your connection out for a while while the low up catches up with the high down. This is especially true with Bit Torrent, as I had many problems with this program causing similar problems (admitedly, I only remember this now, after you asked me on AIM 3 times about your problem . . . doh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom