Is this a bug?

Best answers
ok so i was observing today. and as i was observing, i noticed something. i dont know if im the only person seeing this, but if you look at the screen with the topics and such, the views are always one higher than the replies(except for some topics with 0 replies). this could be an extremely rare coincidence or a bug. so tell me, which is it?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obviously, because the person who created the topic more than likely viewed it again.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you create a thread it sends you into that thread to view what you have just posted.

Best answers
but obviously not everyone who views a thread posts in it. just see for your self.

example:

look at the poll on the 1.2 guide. as of now 17 people have voted on the thread. 7 have replied. if you look at the views, it says that only 8 people have viewed it. hell, look at any poll to prove my point. go and view a thread but dont post, the views stay the same.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
they used to have the viewer counter thing going awhile back... but when they updated the forums i think they mightve tooken it off because of

"Ok ... 17 ppl have viewed my thread but i dont have any replies. Reply !111!!!!!!Exclaim!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
When you create a thread it sends you into that thread to view what you have just posted.
this would be the reason

Best answers
i know that. and it seems only one person has actually read what i posted. thanks gohan, even tho your answer may not be right.

bleh.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what you mean now, and yes, I think it's broken. It only counts the initial post and subsequent posts. It needs to be fixed so people don't think noone is looking at their posts (like mine in the tester forum).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom