Is There a way to go back to the old forum style

Best answers
This new Update doesnt really seem to work on this computer, most of the options and pictures are red x's or not available. So im Wondering if there's A way or an option to revert back to the old Forum style, Which I liked alot. Thank you very much,

Best answers
Wow was totally gonna ask. I think the new forums are horrid. All the reply msgs in each thread are retarded with the names at the top and their msgs below. I liked the style with the names to the side of their posts. Plus its kinda deceiving that the top half is dark grey and the lower half is light gray... makes me think there are two separate posts being made like some forums that alternate colored replies to distinguish each post in a thread.

I tried clicking on the "Display Modes" at the top but it kept bringing me to the bottom of whatever forum page i was on and I didnt see any options down here so wtf is going on with that? o_O

The old forums were very nice. Didnt think the update was needed. Not to mention the box with "View First Unread, Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread, Display Modes" is longer than the length of our post boxes...

And I also got all those red X's for the icons when I went to post. Its just very.. not home welcoming :'(

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Work in progress, everything will be repaired with time.

No, there is no way for you to revert to the vB 3 Beta format.

Best answers
Is there any different ways to view the forum? Because I remember on a previous version we could swap the ways thats the posts are formatted.

Also, I cannot get my avatar to show up. I copied correct address for it several times and selected the "use custom avatar" radio button, but it keeps bringing me back to the edit avatar screen and it says "no avatar is being used" or something of the sort. What gives?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are other views, though I suspect you will find them even less attractive. The view mode can be changed in User CP -> Options.

Best answers
Its not that I dont like it, Its just that everything doesnt work lol, I cant see smileys, most avatars, I cant get my Avatar to work, etc. If you guys fix it I will fine with it.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those problems will be addressed as soon as possible. Keep in mind that Oktagone has performed a massive server switchover . . . there will be a close to it as soon as that move has settled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom