Is it possible to downgrade to SP1 without formatting my OS partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
NO!!!! No no no no. I'm not messing with linux again. No way, uh uh, never again!!!

@John: It wasn't through autoupdate, it had a CD of its own, but I did a clean install because my C partition was filled with useless **** anyways. I'll try that second option anyway, thought it would work like that, but I wasn't sure.

EDIT: Well, I installed SP1. Let's show some before-after pics:

BEFORE

AFTER

pwned xD
Sorry bud, you pwned yourself. Don't come crying to us when you run into that trogon that lurks out there looking for unsuspecting victums like yourself.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Microsoft has cut support for SP1? That means no new security patches for you. oh well.

Maybe you should just update your catelist drivers bud.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, certain people who read these forums don't have the best intention in mind.
Remember the person who was "helping" you with linux?
he's probably laughing as we speak

here is some friendly advice, just install SP2 and save yourself alot of **** dan :p
heck, if you're on IRC, I'll do it for you hehe ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry bud, you pwned yourself. Don't come crying to us when you run into that trogon that lurks out there looking for unsuspecting victums like yourself.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that Microsoft has cut support for SP1? That means no new security patches for you. oh well.

Maybe you should just update your catelist drivers bud.
I don't use microsoft security. I don't trust microsoft. I don't use that automatic update ****. Keep in mind that this isn't the first time I used SP1, as I said earlier. I don't give a damn about 'security patches' because the only thing that those do is make it easier for microsoft to spy on you. I have a good firewall, a good anti-virus program, and that's all I need. **** microsoft and its security. If that's the only thing that SP2 offers then it shouldn't have even been released. Oh and by the way, have I mentioned that this is Professional edition? It's possible that some of you thought that I was using Home, I'm not.

@Prozac: That guy can laugh all he wants, I had backups. I was pissed at first, but then everything turned out alright. Except for the fact that I had to install SP2 xD. Well, everything works fine now, Windows Movie Maker not crashing, no nagging of updates and internet security, all my drivers working, SP1 FTW.

Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
I don't give a damn about 'security patches' because the only thing that those do is make it easier for microsoft to spy on you.
Well I can see you know what you're doing, so I'll be on my way.

Best answers
I don't use microsoft security. I don't trust microsoft. I don't use that automatic update ****. Keep in mind that this isn't the first time I used SP1, as I said earlier. I don't give a damn about 'security patches' because the only thing that those do is make it easier for microsoft to spy on you. I have a good firewall, a good anti-virus program, and that's all I need. **** microsoft and its security. If that's the only thing that SP2 offers then it shouldn't have even been released. Oh and by the way, have I mentioned that this is Professional edition? It's possible that some of you thought that I was using Home, I'm not.

@Prozac: That guy can laugh all he wants, I had backups. I was pissed at first, but then everything turned out alright. Except for the fact that I had to install SP2 xD. Well, everything works fine now, Windows Movie Maker not crashing, no nagging of updates and internet security, all my drivers working, SP1 FTW.
Oh boy bud, don't be going to Vista otherwise you'll end up in the emerincy with a heart attack, after finding out the reality that Microsoft will spy on you more and more.........I wonder if they see me while I'm on the can?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh boy bud, don't be going to Vista otherwise you'll end up in the emerincy with a heart attack, after finding out the reality that Microsoft will spy on you more and more.........I wonder if they see me while I'm on the can?
Probably not, unless you keep your webcam in your bathroom, in which case they can. But they can see basically anything that happens on your PC if all you're using is Microsoft Internet Security. And no, I won't be going to Vista. Because every version of Windows is worse than the last. Hell, if programs and games still supported it, I'd still be using Windows 98. Once the same situation befalls XP, I'm switching to Linux completely. I've had enough of Windows as it is.

Best answers
Well it appears dan_esf_fanatic has fixed his problem by opening up a batch of potential other problems.

To anyone else who is deciding whether or not to install security patches, fearing that the distributor is using them only to spy on you, don't worry. They're not. They're security patches for a reason, i.e. to protect your computer, not spy on it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom