Is DBZ your FAVORITE Anime/Manga?

Is DBZ your FAVORITE Anime/Manga?

• Yes! I LOVE ESF FOR BEING DBZ!

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • No......I either loved it in the past or got ESF for it's gameplay.

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Best answers
Hellsing (manga and the anime)
666satan
Bleach
black blood brothers (the few episodes I've seen)
Baldr force exe resolution

just randomly putted 'em there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was my favorite. Then I got dsl and realized that there were easily several dozen anime and manga that surpassed the plot and storyline of DBZ by miles.
My two favorites now are Mai Otome and Death Note

The original Dragonball though is still among my top 10. Up until episode 117 that is. After which it starts becoming DBZ

Best answers
I can't say I'm not biased towards Dragon Ball Z, but quite honestly I'm yet to see anything that can intrigue me as much as Dragon Ball Z did. Any "hardcore" anime fan will say you'll get the same form of "inspiration", or "excitement" from other animes... "if you just give them a shot", but I have, and I'm tired of the same routine; First Naruto, which I found to be a poor attempt at recreating the spirit that gave life to Dragon Ball Z. It almost seemed like a rip of Harry Potter, and several other things I'd rather not mention--I can't stand the fact KIDS are the center of attention and a lot of animes similar are full of recycled plots & character and fighting concepts. And then, Bleach--YUCK. Horrible animation, and horrible colors, mediocre lovey dovey story. There are plenty others, and there are comedy animes I still enjoy, like GTO, Cowboy Bebop (for the action as well), & Lupin the 3rd.

Heroes? Who better than Goku? Anyone who'd say "Lufie" w/ that hideous watermelon face is a better hero than Goku is an idiot. I don't care if it's your opinion. Who else... Vegeta? I haven't seen people go crazy over one character since, I guess Batman, or Darth Vader. I couldn't care if DBZ's popularity is dying, it's still the number one anime in my books, and I plan on keeping it that way.
Lol. Dragonball sucked because it lacked the emotion, character development, and plot complexity that Bleach possessed. Not to mention it's artwork is sub-par in comparison. It's too action focussed for me to consider "good" on any level.

If I were to list the four absolute most importing things for an anime/manga series, or any story for that matter...

1. Emotion

2. Character Development, Plot Complexity

3. Character Personality, Flow

4. Artwork

It's very shallow to criticize another series for focussing on these things and thus improving the quality of the series, rather than focussing primarily on action, adventure, and the "fun factor" (which really should maintain their place as secondary focusses, if it's even that type of series), used to serve people's needs for a rush, a good thrill, and a sense of exitement.

What you like is your opinion, but it's my opinion that it's a shallow series. As you basically wrote a whole "you are all wrong" post, I thought I might as well answer in a similar fasion.

Best answers
I agree with Revitalized Prince. Dragon Ball Z is just about the only anime I like. I also like Yu Yu Hakusho, but it's not like I'm a huge fan of it or anything. One reason why I love Dragon Ball Z is because it was the first anime I ever saw. Not only that, but to me, it's one of the only anime's that isn't weird as hell. Almost every ****ing anime in the world has demons and all that weird ****. It just creeps me out, when people have fangs, horns on their heads, and pointed ears, when they're half demon or something. I have actually have tried watching a bunch of other animes, but I just end thinking they're stupid. I remember when I tried watching Naruto. That had to be one of the ***est ****ing shows I've ever seen, but that's just my opinion. Dragon Ball Z basically made my childhood. I like the action, the story, the characters, everything. Even though it's an anime, and I really don't like anime, it's my favorite show. I'll even tell my friends at school that I like it. They'll just say something like, "Man that cartoon **** is ***" and I'll just say, "Well, you can think I like some weird stuff, but that's just what I like." I'm not asshamed to admit it to my friends, girls I like, anyone. That's how much I love it.

To SS2 Vegeto: Uh...I think you got things mixed up. I heard Bleach is the show with the bad story, bad characters, bad everything. The only thing I've heard positive about that show, is that the action is cool just because they do flips and tricks. Wow guys! They also do that in Dragon Ball Z, while Dragon Ball Z also has the better story, characters, and action. That's not just my opinion, that is most people's opinion. That's why Dragon Ball Z is pretty much the most popular anime ever made...

Best answers
If you actually believe that about Bleach's story line, then either:

a) you haven't really read it

b) you're being shallow

c) you're lying

Dragonball's storyline is a mess. It's broken, has no flow, poor expression of any emotion asside from rage and anger, and lacks any plot complexity.

And once again...action holds little importance. Any series that focusses mainly on action, above all else, has already failed in my books.

I need villains who make me sick, give me that tingling gut-wrenching feeling, disturb me, instill a sense of fear and at the same time, intrigue within me....hero's who feel real to me, who I can feel empathy for, who's feelings I can understand and feel with them, emotions that make me cry, stir up sadness, admiration, love, and determination within me, a plot that flows well, and continues to awe me, the complexity astounding, conecting every little detail to form the big picture, to shock and amaze me....in addition, things unknown, mythical, supernatural...spice things up futher to create an immersive experience within a world that one can experience no place else...Dragonball failed to give me any of that.

So sue me.

Best answers
If it's not about the action, then why do you even like Bleach? Everyone I've asked who actually likes that shows says, "It has great action, but the story just completely sucks." I'll ask more people too. If you want, I'll even ask some nerds I'm not even friends with in my neighborhood to sign up on here, and tell you that theirselves. I don't even like nerds, and I don't like to talk to them, but I will beg these people to death to tell you this, if that's what you want. I've never watched Bleach, and don't plan on it. I never said the show was bad, that's just most of what I hear. You, on the other hand, make Dragon Ball Z out to be this suckey ass show, when that is completely your own opinion. There is no fact that says "Dragon Ball Z sucks." Like I said, I never said Bleach was bad, that's what I've heard.

Best answers
If it's not about the action, then why do you even like Bleach? Everyone I've asked who actually likes that shows says, "It has great action, but the story just completely sucks." I'll ask more people too. If you want, I'll even ask some nerds I'm not even friends with in my neighborhood to sign up on here, and tell you that theirselves. I don't even like nerds, and I don't like to talk to them, but I will beg these people to death to tell you this, if that's what you want. I've never watched Bleach, and don't plan on it. I never said the show was bad, that's just most of what I hear. You, on the other hand, make Dragon Ball Z out to be this suckey ass show, when that is completely your own opinion. There is no fact that says "Dragon Ball Z sucks." Like I said, I never said Bleach was bad, that's what I've heard.
I'm with SS2 Vegeto on this one. I think Bleach has better characters and story than DBZ. DBZ seems like a kids show after you watch Bleach. Altough you could think they are at similar in everything rather than different.

Best answers
Either the people he's asking don't know what the hell they're talking about, or they haven't read through the Soul Society arc.

It's probably because they can't wait through 50 chapters for things to get moving, or are just impatient. Stories are best taken slow, imo.

Seriously, you should just read it yourself and find out.

Best answers
lol how did a thread about if dbz is ur fav anime turn into a Bleach vs Dbz, Dbz has some good parts and Bleach has some good parts. Saying one anime is the best and the rest are crap is stupid tbh cuz say in about 1 years time you might find an anime more intresting. Everyone is intitle to say what they like but saying so and so is the best and everything else is just pants or rip offs is nither here nor there.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Bleach either, and the only thing I've done is watch a few episodes. I don't like how the story is set up in Bleach, at least from what I read from numerous sites and reviewers.

If Mccdbz5 doesn't like Bleach, then Mccdbz5 doesn't like Bleach. Everyone has their opinions, whether supported by valid or invalid, factual or false information.

Best answers
Thank you, MC. SS2 Vegeto, I really don't get why you can't understand other people like other things. Maybe those nerds don't like the story of Bleach, but they still watch the show. I never said Bleach sucks. I just told you that's what other people said. All I was saying was that Dragon Ball Z doesn't suck. If you think it has a bad plot and characters, that's your opinion. I really don't want to argue with you about this, so let's just call it truce, ok? I like Dragon Ball Z, you don't. That's fine.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like Bleach either, and the only thing I've done is watch a few episodes. I don't like how the story is set up in Bleach, at least from what I read from numerous sites and reviewers.

If Mccdbz5 doesn't like Bleach, then Mccdbz5 doesn't like Bleach. Everyone has their opinions, whether supported by valid or invalid, factual or false information.
The actual story of bleach doesnt get started till episode about episode 20, even then it's a while before you get up to the real story line which hits about episode 50-60 (cant remember), then when the fillers came, i immediately seeked out the manga, I actually read through the entire series again. Btw, hollows only have taken up a very small percentage of the storyline so far...

Anyhows, regardless I still bunch Bleach Naruto and DBZ together, they have the same formula, The pure innocent natural hero, the lovable but sometimes evil rival, the teacher's and enemies who show feats of unsurpassible strength (all of whom become surpassed) the main antagonist who is pure evil and cannot be competed with untill the protagonist breaks a barrier and wins. Saying that though, I dont know how naruto or bleach will end, but so far it's followed the formula pretty closely.

My fav anime's are the ones which break away from that, imo, characters, plot and art direction are my only criteria I need for-filled.

Best answers
My favorites are Love Hina and Dragonball (Z)
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

nice joke.

Love Hina was by far the worst manga i ever read.
You should follow my suggestion and read Zetman. After reading Zetman you will come to the same conclusion as me. I promise. PM me if you are interested.

The actual story of bleach doesnt get started till episode about episode 20, even then it's a while before you get up to the real story line which hits about episode 50-60 (cant remember), then when the fillers came, i immediately seeked out the manga, I actually read through the entire series again. Btw, hollows only have taken up a very small percentage of the storyline so far...

Anyhows, regardless I still bunch Bleach Naruto and DBZ together, they have the same formula, The pure innocent natural hero, the lovable but sometimes evil rival, the teacher's and enemies who show feats of unsurpassible strength (all of whom become surpassed) the main antagonist who is pure evil and cannot be competed with untill the protagonist breaks a barrier and wins. Saying that though, I dont know how naruto or bleach will end, but so far it's followed the formula pretty closely.

My fav anime's are the ones which break away from that, imo, characters, plot and art direction are my only criteria I need for filled.
read BERSERK. You will love it.

Best answers
Bleach is kind of one of those series that you have to read atleast 180 chapters of to get the full picture of.

One of the reasons I liked it actually. But, yeah, everyon'es entitled to their own opinion. That was just my response to Revitalized Prince's anti-everything-that-isn't-dragonball rant.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
read BERSERK. You will love it.
heh, one day I will, i enjoyed the anime, but when it ended it was a bit..... wtf, I know the manga continues, but its one of those things i find myself never getting round to.

Best answers
heh, one day I will, i enjoyed the anime, but when it ended it was a bit..... wtf, I know the manga continues, but its one of those things i find myself never getting round to.
The berserk anime is totally ****.
Berserk Manga >>> Berserk Anime

I first read the manga and i loved it.
The anime was very very disappointing. :(

Xenon

X
The berserk anime is totally ****.
Berserk Manga >>> Berserk Anime

I first read the manga and i loved it.
The anime was very very disappointing. :(
It's kind of the same thing with Hellsing. The manga ****ing ruled, but the anime sucked. Hellsing was such a stray from the original story, and the character development just wasn't what I was hoping for. Hellsing Ultimate, on the other hand, is not only good, but is the best anime I think I've ever seen.

So yeah, Hellsing Ultimate is my favorite anime.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should write a novel, SS2 Vegeto. The anime world won't get that much better, simply because it'd be ruined. Dragon Ball is escapism, and we're all aware it has its flaws... but.. WHO CARES?! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom