Is DBZ your FAVORITE Anime/Manga?

Is DBZ your FAVORITE Anime/Manga?

• Yes! I LOVE ESF FOR BEING DBZ!

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • No......I either loved it in the past or got ESF for it's gameplay.

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Best answers
I am a fan of DBZ, but it is NOT my favorite:

Favorites so far -

Cowbow Bebop

Inuyasha

Love Hina

Yu Yu Hakusho (hope I spelled that right)

Getting into Rahxepon....first episode was great

Also checking out Full Metal Alchemist and Efein Lied

Those in bold are ones that I finished watching.

So what are you favorites? DBZ?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to say yes, since that's the only one I watched without wanting to kill myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellsing (/Ultimate) o/

It's the only anime series I can watch over and over, with just 13 episodes too.

DBZ is good, but i've pretty much stopped watching/playing it now. BT2 added some longetivity but i'm starting to get bored of the same old characters/plot.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dbz anime, I hate, apart from naruto there's no anime with so much damn camera panning, not to mention the million and one other things I hate about it.

Samurai champloo rocks my world, because the direction, plot, character, art all 10 (or 9) out of 10 for me.

Curently watching Ergo proxy, which is also pretty good.

Best answers
I'm going to say yes, since that's the only one I watched without wanting to kill myself.
By looking at the website in your sig, I notice that DBZ has most if not ALL of the things that website is *****ing about.

Why don't you discuss WHY DBZ is better then say Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, or Yu Yu Hakusho? DBZ has a HUGE list of sterotypical characters, and that's what the website *****es about.

You better discuss.

Best answers
I hate the anime, hated most of the movies (a few of which I liked), like the manga somewhat (it entertains me, and I enjoy reading it, but it's in no way incredible), and am a pretty big fan of some of the games.

It's not up to par with a lot of other anime and manga, in my opinion.

Best answers
Sorry boys, but I love DBZ and in my mind DBZ is the best anime EVER!! Muahah!!
Dragonball Z FTW...if only it could last *Sigh*

-GuZzie

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Dragon Ball Z, and I watch it every chance I get. Why? Well, it was the first anime I've seen, plus it deals a lot with Martial Arts. I like the characters, the creativity, and the fighting. Is it my favorite show? It's one of my favorites.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Absolutely not, Bleach baby.

Best answers
Whoa, a draw. :O (4 to 4)

I LOVE dbz. DBZ is what I eat, drink, dream about and breath... lol j/k :laff:

But yeah, it's a GREAT anime. :):yes:

Best answers
By far the best manga ever: Berserk
other great mangas:
Zetman
Monster
Blade of the immortal
Death-Note
Gantz
Battle Royal
Koroshiya - Ichi the killer (very disturbing)
Basilisk
Vagabond

Good mangas for younger people:
Death-Note (ya, for younger people too^^)
Dragonball Z (first anima i liked and after reading the manga i liked it even more...)
Naruto
Vagabond (also for younger people too)
Hellsing
Hajime no Ippo

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** no.

My favorite animation would either be Justice League or Batman: The Animated Series.

If it has to be Japanese, I choose Outlaw Star.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I like DBZ just becouse it's a clasic anime (though DB was better), I'm a Naruto fan becouse it has growing characters (non-flat), many changing situations, and even though some fighting scenes are very predictible, the main plot isn't.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, DBZ is my favorite classic anime, but that's as far as it goes.

Best answers
**** no.

My favorite animation would either be Justice League or Batman: The Animated Series.

Yeah, i forgot to mention a list for children:
Marvel and DC comics

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** no.

Snap, I forgot about that one.

DBZ is definately near the top of the list. It may not be as deep or whatever as other animes, but the ideas the show holds and how the show/animate it keep me interested.

But Fullmetal Alchemist would have to be my top favorite, with Cowboy Bebop and Naruto being close. I am not even immensely interested in anime, just the style of animation. The only non-adultswim/toonami anime I've seen would be the Japanese version of Naruto and some of the Japanese Bleach.

I could never get into manga. Or any comic for that matter. Yeah it's the original, which is definately respectful since that is what usually creates an anime, but I need audio and motion =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say I'm not biased towards Dragon Ball Z, but quite honestly I'm yet to see anything that can intrigue me as much as Dragon Ball Z did. Any "hardcore" anime fan will say you'll get the same form of "inspiration", or "excitement" from other animes... "if you just give them a shot", but I have, and I'm tired of the same routine; First Naruto, which I found to be a poor attempt at recreating the spirit that gave life to Dragon Ball Z. It almost seemed like a rip of Harry Potter, and several other things I'd rather not mention--I can't stand the fact KIDS are the center of attention and a lot of animes similar are full of recycled plots & character and fighting concepts. And then, Bleach--YUCK. Horrible animation, and horrible colors, mediocre lovey dovey story. There are plenty others, and there are comedy animes I still enjoy, like GTO, Cowboy Bebop (for the action as well), & Lupin the 3rd.

Heroes? Who better than Goku? Anyone who'd say "Lufie" w/ that hideous watermelon face is a better hero than Goku is an idiot. I don't care if it's your opinion. Who else... Vegeta? I haven't seen people go crazy over one character since, I guess Batman, or Darth Vader. I couldn't care if DBZ's popularity is dying, it's still the number one anime in my books, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Best answers
I can't say I'm not biased towards Dragon Ball Z, but quite honestly I'm yet to see anything that can intrigue me as much as Dragon Ball Z did. Any "hardcore" anime fan will say you'll get the same form of "inspiration", or "excitement" from other animes... "if you just give them a shot", but I have, and I'm tired of the same routine; First Naruto, which I found to be a poor attempt at recreating the spirit that gave life to Dragon Ball Z. It almost seemed like a rip of Harry Potter, and several other things I'd rather not mention--I can't stand the fact KIDS are the center of attention and a lot of animes similar are full of recycled plots & character and fighting concepts. And then, Bleach--YUCK. Horrible animation, and horrible colors, mediocre lovey dovey story. There are plenty others, and there are comedy animes I still enjoy, like GTO, Cowboy Bebop (for the action as well), & Lupin the 3rd.

Heroes? Who better than Goku? Anyone who'd say "Lufie" w/ that hideous watermelon face is a better hero than Goku is an idiot. I don't care if it's your opinion. Who else... Vegeta? I haven't seen people go crazy over one character since, I guess Batman, or Darth Vader. I couldn't care if DBZ's popularity is dying, it's still the number one anime in my books, and I plan on keeping it that way.

You should read Berserk =P.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i forgot to mention a list for children:
Marvel and DC comics
Until you've actually read the plot of say...an X-Men series, keep your insults to yourself. The Age of Apocalypse easily surpasses DBZ or Naruto.

Best answers
black lagoon is on my top list, great art work, crazy story lines, blood, guns, has prob one of the best main charcs iv seen in a anime since akira. So ya Black Lagoon pwns all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom