Best answers
Code:
The local player cannot be kicked!
Writing banned.cfg.
>> [ HellFire ] >> [ (c) Lord of Destruction 2005 ]
 >> [ Daemon detected ] >> [ Vinay ] >> [ #ME ]
 >> [ STEAM_ID_LAN ] >> [ loopback ]
 >> [ Have a nice Stay in Hell *****
OK this is what my ESF is saying. In the console, after like playing all kinds of swearwords. lol.
Whats wrong? Is Daemon Tools Illegal?
I dont even have LoD yet... Not to mention Diablo 2 is out of my PC since I made a complete format a few days ago...
I unistalled Daemon tools the last time i got this **** (yesterday). But its been giving me this error all the time. I have no problem with it, seeing as it cant ban me out of my own sever, but it does prevent me from teleporting.

This started ever since i upgraded my amx. But i did get a few instances of this before now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, that's pretty weird. I use DT, and it's never been a problem. You're obviously using EVM though, so here's my advice: don't use EVM.

Best answers
Yeah guess it was.
Seeing as I got the error only on EVM, it aint a problem anymore (I play both. Just edited the liblist file to differentiate the name.) lol. Kinda weird though.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOD is the name of one of EVMs coders. Thats his antihack pluggin. If it says that than it banned you off the server.

As for Daemon Tools. They arnt illegal. But using CD-images on them is only legal if you have the original CD at home and you are using DT for a backup. Kinda like ROMs.

Best answers
LOD is the name of one of EVMs coders. Thats his antihack pluggin. If it says that than it banned you off the server.

As for Daemon Tools. They arnt illegal. But using CD-images on them is only legal if you have the original CD at home and you are using DT for a backup. Kinda like ROMs.
I'm in the clear about that lol.
But why did it ban me... lol. I didnt use hacks and I was playing on the LAN... hmm active plugins were the ssj4, and some plugin to block ssj.
Maybe one of them conflicts with this. oh well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

thats a reason wich has the other side aswell.

People mostly Dislike to have always the CD inside of they're CD-Rom thats why they get a Programm wich can make Cd'S into a Image file for the computer, and thanks to Deamon tools or Power ISO you can make your life easier.

It's kinda wrong to say that those tools are illegal in my point of view, but on the other side you cant say that the guy doesnt use warez.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that this has anything to do with deamon tools, just a name coincidence.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deamon Tools isn't illegal.

Using it to mount illegal images is.

Although it's pretty useful to mount an image of a CD of a game that needs it to run the game (Heroes of Might and Magic III for example) so I don't need to be bothered with putting the CD in every time.

Best answers
I don't think that this has anything to do with deamon tools, just a name coincidence.
Yeah, I think I agree here. However, it will take some thought as to what Daemon Detected means.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No idea what it means. But it says that every time before it bans someone. Maby it was a typo and was ment to be demon ^^

Mog

Best answers
"daemon" can be used as another way of spelling demon.
"daemon" is normally used for the daemons of Greek mythology, whereas "demon" is used for demons within Judeo-Christian belief.

A "daemon" is also another word for a background process. (word used more on unix and mac)

And also, "DAEMON Tools" is an awesome app that changes the PC games that we paid for, so that they work as fast and effortlessly as the cracked illegal versions that pirates obtain for free...

I think that banned message you get is most likely talking about a suspicious <strike>daemon of Greek mythology</strike> background process. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom