Interview - 5 Questions

Best answers
Hey im doing this school paper thing, and i want to ask you some questions which i will be using in my project.

First: Does Action Shooter games affect your mind? Like do you run around trying to shoot people in real life ?

Second: What do you think of people jumping to the first question as a conclusion on people playing action shooter games ?

Third: Do you feel addicted to playing computer games ?

Fourth: Do you think the public should be more willing to learn about “The Community” ?

Fifth: Whatever you feel relevant

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this sort of this is what off topic is for

and on the subject sure ill take the questions

1) No i dont think theres anyway games could influence anything i do

2) I think its usualy because they try to find the quickest and easyest way out of the agrument. I mean what better way to make exuses for bad parenting than to say well my kid killed abunch of people because he played counter strike. Just a pathetic way to go about the situation.

3) Not in the least games are a method of enjoyment and relaxation.. No more can one be addicted to reading books or gardening.

4) I do think people should be more open minded about online communities instead of always asuming everyones a 40 year old childmolester, ex con, rabid monkey.

5) With the new times comes new things and the internet and communties on it are one of the new things that most people have wrong ideas about. Instead of trying to understand people on the internet most people just brush it all off and say its an evil thing and video games hurt children. When in reality its hardly like that at all most violent video games help relax people because they can take out all their tention on non existant people and things.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
First: Does Action Shooter games affect your mind? Like do you run around trying to shoot people in real life ?
nope, not that i know of ... its not that hard to sepperate games and reality

Second: What do you think of people jumping to the first question as a conclusion on people playing action shooter games ?
they must be really sick .. but i dont think its the fault of computer games. if we would live around 1900 there still would be such people ... perhaps after reading books eh? its just a clishee imho...

not really... thereare only a few games i was addicted to ... like old SNES rpgs :D but i prefer making games instead of playing them

Fourth: Do you think the public should be more willing to learn about “The Community” ?
offcourse ... its like "hey look, that amok guy had a computer! it must be the fault of actiongames!" .. i mean, here was such a guy like 1 or 2 years ago ... everyone has given the fault to crappy counterstrike because zhey said he was a cs player ... actually, there wasnt even action games installed on his crappy comp .. he didnt even owned tem on cd -_- ... sometimes im really mad about how gamers are treaten "we are all potential murders" eh?!

the press should learn more about the stuff theyre writing about.

Best answers
Wow Thanks this is good :yes: just maybe one more like this

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. This greatly depends on the age group. Someone my age can easily seperate reality from a video game. Now take someone who is eight to twelve years old. They do not fully understand the difference. You could also blame the fact that these fps youngin's have "access" to fire arms. Of course at that point, the child's gaurdians and their lawyers blame the video games.

2. I think it is a pathetic excuse for child neglect. Parents throw their kids infront of a television to get free time away from them. It gets to the point where the only thing that the child does is watch TV and play video games.

3. Only game I have ever been addicted to is Chrono Trigger, but that was only for a short period of time. Games aren't an addiction, they are more of a time consumer. If you are sitting around, bored and have a couple hours to kill. Why not play some video games?

4. Believe it or not were normal too. We just find pleasure in something that is physically non-violent and mentally relaxing. Life it self is full of things that lead to a daily agression. Some people choose to shoot up a convenience store and some people choose to sit on their couch and play counter-strike.

5. If parents really think the video games are to blame, they should teach thier child the difference between reality and a video game. Careful parenting can be the strongest influence any child ever has.

Best answers
Wow thanks ya'll this will be a great project :yes:

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hmm, I'd say it depends on the person playing it really, I mean I know this guy who copied everything from games and TV but he's got metal problems, so I'd have to say, regular normal sane people wouldn't do that, people with mental problems might do it.

I think people just want to find an answer to the question "Why are young people nowadays so violent?" and they are blaming Violent Games (IE: Carmageddon, Grand Theft Auto), and people like us, and simply f*cked because of that. Ofcourse I think it's wrong, it's like saying "People are fat because of America and there spreading of the so called fast food" there's not much to be done about other then keep fighting the people who state it :-\

I would say no, I play computer games, but my personal life isn't suffering from it.

Definetely, most people think the “The Community” only consists of nerds, who want to talk about computers all day, which ofcourse is not the case.

I think people should simply wake up and realise that the source of aggressive youth isn't Violent Games, instead take a blame at the parents, I'm sure that if a youth is aggressive he didn't get alot of attention from his/her parents or was never punished for being aggressive by his/her parents.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
TAz00 said:
No, I play FPS games for entertainment. While constantly killing does desensitize you to real world events (for me anyways), FPS games do not promote the killing of people/animals in real life. I would not grab a gun and kill someone in real life just because "I did it in a game".

TAz00 said:
They are fooling themselves, and pushing the blame away from true cause. If a child has problems, and he plays violent video games, and ends up killing somebody in real life, that is the parents/guardian's fault for not addressing the situation. They can't claim ignorance either, since all games come with warning levels from the ESRB.

Would you blame McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals if your child overdoses on Tylenol? Would you blame Anheuser-Busch if your child stumbled across a case of Budweiser and got wasted? You are doing the exact same thing by blaming the makers of a video game for your inability to realize and change your child's situation.

TAz00 said:
I think "addicted" is the wrong term, unless it is caused by a medical condition. I've played games that I got very excited about, and couldn't wait to finish. I wasn't "addicted" to it, but extremely intrigued.

Too much of anything (even a good thing), is no longer a good thing. Addiction to anything is not good (except maybe sleeping). Do things in moderation.

TAz00 said:
The general public doesn't need to learn everything about The Community, but they should learn enough to come to an understanding about it, instead of just blaming everything on it.

TAz00 said:
Games are an entertainment medium. They are not designed to be simulations of real-situations. Do not make them out to be, for your own safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom