Integrated ranking system

Best answers
Saying as how earth league isnt getting much attention, there should be some kind of ranking system in esf code. It would take your over win/losses compared to other players. Say for example you run around killing only noobs. Well you still wouldnt be ranked very high because they are not ranked very high. If you start killing riced or others like that, your rank would go up because their rank would naturally be very high. You could check your rank and the ranks of other players on some kind of menu similar to the new MP3 player planned for 1.2. This idea wouldnt eliminate the need for an earth leage, since players dont want to be fighting thier hardest every time they are on the game. But it would be good because not everybody is in earth leage, and people want to see where they rank compared to everyone.

Best answers
its an okay suggestion...

but thair has to be a server option for unranked matches so you can just mess around in...

but this could also cause trouble for noobs as people may just pick on them for easy low points instead of the incredibly high ranking players...

but a good suggestion non the less: :yes: :yes: :yes: (3 out of 5)

Best answers
wont work...

people will hack the file storing the stats.

bad idea

(a simmilar thing was introduced to the Jediknight series...they made it work somehow...was called Killtracker (it did more than track the kills))

Best answers
I don't think it should be a system *in* the actual game.
But the scores should stay recorded on website on the EarthLeague.
Maybe an option before you join a game "Ranking Enabled" And while thats active your frags/death will be recorded.
(something that works like this site http://wikkid.ca/cs/psychostats.php?mod=cstrike&file=player_LnRlayAtIG5vdGFsbGFtYQ.php)
And perhaps the player with the best frag/death ratio could have there name display on a status bar at the site.
Ive seen it done before and it could be easier than the EarthLeague crew having to update the site all the time :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe some system will count how many games were ended:
with higher frags than deaths;
with lower frags than death.

the score should be:
"frags > deaths" - "frags < deaths" = score

Best answers
or more like
score1 = score1 + **frags/**deaths
** is for the player you killed
so say you kill someone whos killed 50 poeple but has been killed 40 times, your score1 would be + .2
if you kill someone whos killed 500 people but has been killed only 10 times, your score1 would be + 50

score2 would be your actual rank. say your score1 is 500 and you kill someone whos score1 is 250, you would gain .5 added to your score2.
so the whole code would be
score1 = score1 + **frags/**deaths
score2 = score2 + score1/**score1
needs tweaking to avoid people cheating the system but over all i think its a good idea.

edit****
there needs to be a score2 in so that if someone were to try and cheat the system by noob hunting, the only thing they would gain is a tiny upgrade to thier rank but a huge target on their back for having a high score1.

maybe one way to keep it from being abused would be so if you kill someone with melee, the score2 that is added would be times 10 or 5 or 2 or something

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i like the idea, but it would mess servers up, cause the servers constantly need to refresh those scores, that constant stream of data will cause higher pings, therefor more lag.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just encourage more people to use Earthleague. There are already websites out there that rank you by score over time, like csports (Check my sig).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can see it now just like pandora tommarow people leaving before they get killed

i dont think it would be worth the effort and would cause too many idiots to come flooding out of the wood works to cheat to be number 1

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Individual servers running admin mod or amx mod often have a stats program. If your interested in seeing how you match up to other people do a little research to find it the server has it or not. Scorched Earth will most likely have it with the next release.

Best answers
umm it wouldnt lag anything. its DATA being sent. like maybe 3 numbers for each char. if they can post your frags and deaths when you push tab, then this can be done too. as for the earth leage. there really isnt to much i myself can do to get people to use it. i suggest maybe putting something on esforces.com about the top ten strongest players or something right on the front page to give poeple incentive to join it. ill look into that other stuff tho thnx

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ppl would spam get in and out of servers than you're right, it will be cheating. But if ppl who suck get to the top they will be challenged and maybe will be banned from that list.

Best answers
Hi guys, I'm Cristiaan Brans, community manager on www.csports.net
I've noticed that you mentionned our website here. So I thought, lets drop by and see if I can be of any assistance.

If you have any questions about our website / services, feel free to ask me or to mail me at [email protected]

Also I'm keen to hear what you guys think of our website /services.

Regards,
Cris

Cristiaan Brans
Community Manager
CSports.net
Worldwide Rankings and Statistics for online gamers.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The earthleague will return, Cookster's code was almost complete. With any luck our new EL admin will get it done quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom