Installer = Chaos from Hell

Best answers
When i open esf beta1 installer, it says Configuring Windows Installer, then it says "1608: Unable to create InstallDrive instance", why is this happening, while others have success in downloading? I tried restarting computer and re-opening the exe, no luck what so ever. Anybody have any suggestions?

Best answers
Mine just stops at configuring windows installer and when i hit ctrl-alt-del it says its stopped responding. I'm pissed cause I wanted to try out this mod and possibly add it to the collection of mods i play. Btw for those who are going to tell me to use windows update A) I just did windows update like a hour ago and it ended up doing something to my aol dsl to the point of it not recognizing my modem so i wont be doing that again. And B) It said nothing in windows update about updating any Installer files.
I use Windows98 se and even dled the mod without using my dl accelerator a second time to see if that was it, alas it was not.

Best answers
That is my exact problem. They told me to update my Windows files too, but I did not see anything about installer files. Also, I downloaded from the 4th mirror...but others did too and it worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom