Install

Best answers
Every time I start to install it says checking for previous installed componets and then it says this program will not respond. It doesn't make sense because I have installed it on another computer with out a problem. Any help would be appreciated

Best answers
If you're talking about ESF then, make sure HL is installed and is working. After that, open the setup and install ESF in the HL directory. If you've played ESF before the you know that when you open it, it starts to search for the hl.exe. Let it do this and then everything should be fine, I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it you start the installer, it searches a file called "hl.exe" or "cstrike.exe" on your HDD ... to find the HL path
look at the HDD-LED on your tower ... it should glow (not flash) a bit ... if your HDD is big and fragmentated, it's possible that the installer searches more than 5 mins

add: this will be changed in next installer ;)

Best answers
I had this problem once using a WinXp OS. Did you downloaded it from fileplanet because I think the ESF setup file from fileplanet is corrupted. It goes up to an estimated time of like 40 seconds left to install right, and then that message 'about the program stops responding' comes up. I tried downloading from another mirror and it worked fine for me.

Best answers
Ok the part about it not respoding, Just LEAVE IT!!! Mine always did that, just give it a few min and it'll start going again.
(off topic just about everythign on file planet is corrupt seems like)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom