Install help

Best answers
Alright, ive had to wipe out my hard drive, and now I have steam installed, and I can't get ESF back in there.. Alright heres whats it doin..

I installed esf into the /[email protected]/half-life folder, then I installed the csl-esfspv2 file, start the game up from steam on the third part programs, select ESF v1.1, I get "This application has failed to start because fmod.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Then right after that "could not load library c:\program files\steam\steamapps\(e-mail here)\half-life\esf\cl_dlls\client.dll
and after that it just crashes to the desktop

so any help here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) reinstall using the 1.1 installer and when it asks u to locate the half life directory - point to cprogram files\steam\steamapps\(e-mail here)\half-life\ only (and not \esf\)
2) copy the fmod.dll file from ur half life folder (from won) to cprogramfiles\steam\steamapps\(e-mail here)\half-life\

that should fix it :smile:

Best answers
MyStiX said:
1) reinstall using the 1.1 installer and when it asks u to locate the half life directory - point to cprogram files\steam\steamapps\(e-mail here)\half-life\ only (and not \esf\)
2) copy the fmod.dll file from ur half life folder (from won) to cprogramfiles\steam\steamapps\(e-mail here)\half-life\

that should fix it :smile:

thanks got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom