Install Help

Best answers
NO ONE IS HELPING ME! i CANT INSTALL THE PATCH BECAUSE IT SAYS IT CANT FIND ESF! PLEASE HELP ME! i CANT JOIN ANY GAMES AT ALL BECAUSE IT EITHER SAYS MY .DLL DIFFERS OR MY MAP DIFFERS! WILL THE PATCH FIX THIS? HELP ME NOWW!!111ELEVEN@

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Noober said:
NO ONE IS HELPING ME! i CANT INSTALL THE PATCH BECAUSE IT SAYS IT CANT FIND ESF! PLEASE HELP ME! i CANT JOIN ANY GAMES AT ALL BECAUSE IT EITHER SAYS MY .DLL DIFFERS OR MY MAP DIFFERS! WILL THE PATCH FIX THIS? HELP ME NOWW!!111ELEVEN@
How about you stop posting in caps, it's annoying and less people are likely to help annoying posters. Changing your topic title from "IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN CLICK ON THIS RIGHT NOW SO YOU CAN HELP ME-- NOOOOOW!!!" to "Install Help".

Now, this is what you need to do to run ESF (read the manual btw?):

- Download and install Steam.
- Run Half-Life at least once, properly (so that the necessary directories are created).
- Download and install ESF Beta 1.2 Full Version (make sure you install to your Steam Half-Life folder).
- Download and install ESF Beta 1.2.1 Patch Version.
- Run ESF from your desktop shortcut.

Do these steps properly, don't take shortcuts - you should be able to get ESF up and running if you perform the above. Feel free to post back if you have any problems.

Best answers
Yes, I have a problem. When I try to install the patch (yes, into the steam half-life esf folder), it says 'ESF could not be found on selected destination. Please choose again.' WHat do I do?

PS You can erase this and all of my threads after I get my help, I just want to hurry up and start playing this great game!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Noober said:
Yes, I have a problem. When I try to install the patch (yes, into the steam half-life esf folder), it says 'ESF could not be found on selected destination. Please choose again.' WHat do I do?

PS You can erase this and all of my threads after I get my help, I just want to hurry up and start playing this great game!
That problem occurs if you don't install the full beta 1.2 properly (this is NOT beta 1.2.1). Uninstall ESF completely / delete the ESF directories and repeat the ESF installations steps in my post above. Install ESF full beta 1.2 properly to your Half-Life folder FIRST, then install the 1.2.1 patch.

Best answers
Ok, I did exactly what you said and the same result: It wont let me install the patch, it always says that esf cant be found.

Best answers
Do you realise that I am just sitting here waiting for someone to reply? That is all that I am doing. Sitting here. Waiting for someone to reply. Nobody is answering. I uninstalled and installed it twice already. It still isn't working. I want someone to please help me.

This is what I am installing esf to:

C:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/sayainking001/half-life

Is that the right way or not?
If you are reading this right now, please answer right now, I would appreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a forum, not an instant messenger, don't expect an answer before you post the question.

Best answers
Smith| said:
This is a forum, not an instant messenger, don't expect an answer before you post the question.
Thanks for not answering! Anyway, I just barely found out the reason it wasn't working: it was a corrupted file. I got a new one and it works fine.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Noober said:
Thanks for not answering! Anyway, I just barely found out the reason it wasn't working: it was a corrupted file. I got a new one and it works fine.
Really? I think not. Do you know what the word a 'corrupt' file means? If the file was corrupt, it wouldn't have been recognized as a proper win32 executable and nothing would have worked. Executables != compressed zip's.

Anyhow, I'm glad you got this working - closing the help thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom