Increase the ESF-TEAM

Best answers
This might be a little rude of me. But i would like to request an increase of the esf team to speed up the progress of the comming beta's...

No offence but in this rate 1.5-1.6 are in 2006 or even 2007 completed..

I am sure it would be easy to recruit extra modelers who are willing to add some of there work to officially help out esf.. of coders..animators..

To trust the new recruits would be the only problem i think.. but they could send their work and gain that way there trust and/or credits for coming beta's.

I suggest this since this is still a great game but the progress seems slow..

Hope ya'll consider this..

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you know anyone who has the skills to make a difference on the team?

No... didn't think so.

The fact is, the ESF team is not a bunch of people with nothing to do, they have lives, and can't spend every single second of it making this mod. Your basically saying, "Hurry up your a bunch of slow pokes." Which is a wrong way to show support, a wrong way to express your opinion, and a wrong way to help them. Barking orders doesn't make them work any faster, or code any quicker and efficiently. If your convinced the team has inadequate members, then tell them that in a private discussion, instead of posting on a pubic message board and calling them out like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically what Hwo is saying is that nobody gives a damn anymore because real life > ESF. Move on.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I'm saying that he can't expect a version to be out every month, because coding, animating, etc takes time.

The ESF Team have lives that effect the amount of time they can spend. Who doesn't?

Your treating them like slaves.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hwo is right on one hand but there is one logical in this, in the time that 2.0 is finaly reach is the game dieing becours of better mod's.
if i'm corectly is the 2.0 reached in 2010 or 2012, there are already something about 5 dbz games better then esf in that time.
let's make this a draw, they have there real live and that's more inportant but they will never reach the 2.0 in this speed.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
hwo is right on one hand but there is one logical in this, in the time that 2.0 is finaly reach is the game dieing becours of better mod's.
if i'm corectly is the 2.0 reached in 2010 or 2012, there are already something about 5 dbz games better then esf in that time.
let's make this a draw, they have there real live and that's more inportant but they will never reach the 2.0 in this speed.
2012? If you think that the team won't have moved on to bigger things by 2012, you better take your head out of the clouds. :\

I can guarantee that in 8 years the team will no longer be working on ESF.

After 1.3, there isn't that much more that the team can do. Maybe small updates here or there, new character, new function.... but after 1.3, ESF will be practically the essence of DBZ save a few minor details. I believe that any releases after 1.3 will not take as long as 1.3 or 1.2 did, because there isn't really anything "big" left to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few months back I applied to be a second Sound Artist due to having every ep, movie, tv special etc and a copy of Adobe Premiere. They said no. :(

Best answers
Well .... IF your skills in sound mixing would be good.....

Then they would.....
Like made a good new sound for something and give em a sample.....
Same thing abouth models,sprites.... :rolleyes:

I would like to join the as sprite artist.... But havent got mutch time...
I mean god i study 10 hours a day min.... :(

But trully if there are good sprites,modlers,sound mixes,mapers....
And they want to join.....
I see NO! reson why not let them join....(Unless they are not trust worthy....)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
another thing

people seem to get confused on the whole modding team thing

lots of people do not = fast mod completetion

for every new person added someone has to tell that person what to do and what needs to be done and what has been done

in areas like coding its extremely difficult to have multiple coders because they each code differently and then their code has to be put together every now and then to make sure it works its hard enough when u have 2 coders but having any more would slow progress more than it would speed it up

if progress seems slow on esf then ur pretty crazy or just dont pay attention to other mods alot... natural selection has a new release what? once every 7 months? with little to no real new features added compare this to esf and the progress time is clear

in the end it boils down to this

esf doesnt progress slow your just impatient

Best answers
Did I say Codlers????

But trully if there are good sprites,modlers,sound mixes,mapers....
Any way its quite fast.,....
But for the fans it seems long becous they cant wait to enjoy the hard long work the teem does...

Originally Posted by Ashur
I mean god i study 10 hours a day min
Exactly.

Exactly what???
That the teem has to study to????
Or thats why you dont take new mapers,spriters......

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ashur said:
Any way its quite fast.,....
But for the fans it seems long becous they cant wait to enjoy the hard long work the teem does...
What makes you think any of those things are quite fast?
I don't think you people quite understand that developers have lives outside of their projects. If you can't wait for progress, then you're going to have to learn to, or move on. Demanding progress like this is nothing short of being extremely rude.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
What makes you think any of those things are quite fast?
I don't think you people quite understand that developers have lives outside of their projects. If you can't wait for progress, then you're going to have to learn to, or move on. Demanding progress like this is nothing short of being extremely rude.
Agreed. Just be patient guys, it'll be out when its ready. As many people have mentioned before me THE TEAM HAVE LIVES! They don't spend every second of every day making ESF. Give them a break, We're all lucky they're actually making this mod. So be thankful for what you have.

Best answers
Hey your ofending me! ;/
I never demanded anything i am happy they are even doing this and doing this for free.....

P.S quit fast as in quit fast knowing they have there own life have to study..... :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well coding I can understand would be hard to divide, but i'm not sure about the rest, like you could allocate specific characters to people. The team know what's been done and what needs to be done, so they can just message someone and say "We need 3 trans sounds for Piccolo and attack sounds for Makosen and Light Grenade" or give each modeller one character to model who then passes it on to a seperate skinner, or passes it on to an animator with a list of animations they need to add.

Sounds are relativley easy, mapping is a bit harder but doesn't involve a great deal of Hammer knowledge as not many entities or scripted events are used, it's largely clipping, vertex manipulation and texturing, all of which i'm practicing for my own custom maps. If you look at ESF-World theres loads of great custom content so maybe the team could look there.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They could speed up, if you want half arsed work ?

🌠 Staff
Best answers
one thing you all have to realise too many people would cause caos for the mod leader. Thats one more person to touch base with and one more person to make sure they are working. Also you have more risk of people not doing work so when you get close to the deadline thats one person who has nothing, and delays will be caused. plus you cant have just anyone randomly join either. We as a team evaluate your work before we consider giving you a trial. So just be patient, we work as fast as we are capable.

-GG-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could understand if they added more modelers, But there aren't enough characters for more then like 2 or even 1 modeller. sprite artists, it's not much of a hard job to make sprites, not only that, but seeing as it takes about a year for a new release, completing one part so fast is sorta pointless. Music, you only really need 1 person for that as well. I would say the only thing you would really need more then 1 person for would be mapping, skinning, and modelling. Other then that you're golden. Besides 1.2 in my opinion came too quickly. I was quite sad :*( when 1.2 came out cuz i still loved 1.1. But i love 1.2 and now i don't want 1.3 to come out because that's getting off topic

Best answers
Our current bottlenecks are in animating and in coding. Adding extra mappers, sound-artists, spriters, skinners or modellers won't speed development up at all. That's why we're very picky on job requests in those fields. Contrary to popular believe, I don't think the ESF forum crowd is able to do anything substantial for the development of ESF.
/me points to Tien contest.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
Contrary to popular believe, I don't think the ESF forum crowd is able to do anything substantial for the development of ESF.
/me points to Tien contest.
Ditto, I thought for sure someone was going to finish the whole Tien package for the 1.3 release. Doesnt look too promising at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom