Increase Power

Best answers
Well for the spamming thing, you could just make it so that your health drops slowly or that it's only aloud say once every 15 mins or something like that

Best answers
Or maybe, you need to realise, this isn't a one off attack we're talking about. No Final Shine (or whatever).
Just a slow...power...increase...
Like the current decrease, in reverse.
There's nothing to spam here...it doesn't stay with you when you respawn. To get it you have are so low on health, ANY attack will kill you. It's not worth killing yourself for.

And no, I don't mean the fight with Cell.
Whenever...one of the villains is beaten...the person who beats them...is almost always almost dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mike88 said:
Why should the guy feel like he sucks, this way he gets a nice power boost to show the other guy what he has left
Becuase he's losing the battle. That means that the other player out-witted you, or just plain beat you and performed better than you. Why should you all of the sudden get a burst of power, it just sounds dumb to me. If you're dying, then you're dying, to keep the game fair and balance, we don't give the people who are losing in a battle any advantages.

As nretep and Knives brought up, those fighters only used those last attacks becuase they were as good as dead, and as a last ditch effort, used a suicide attack. It doesn't work the same way in ESF, there is no permanent death, and even if there was, it would just be lame. Some aspects of the show can't be implemented into the game becuase it would just blow. You're beating the hell out of your enemy fair and square and all of the sudden they blast you with a giant beam out of no where? No, no, no, no. When you're dying you get weaker, it's just logic.

"Just before a candle goes out it flickers violently."
Good guy always wins, true love conquers all, poetic justice. These concepts are usually not reality, but people want to beleive in them and want them to be reality. That's why they are abundant in Movies, animes, Tv shows. People want a happy ending, it's not the same for games, you have to have the chance to lose or to die, otherwise it's not a game. Games are meant to challenge you, without a challenge, you really can't have fun.

"what's about_: I'll visit you ... almost slay you ... then we'll see if you get stronger and stronger" :laff: roofles

Best answers
Let me rephrase that...
We make sure the people who are stronger and winning keep on being stronger and winning? Doesn't sound so balanced and fair to me...

Best answers
Yea, exactly, if your so good, you should be able to beat the guy with the boost anyway

Best answers
How bout this. When you are about to die, (it gets kinda complicated from here on out), the computer reads the power level of the guy who landed the blow, and gauges how much of a difference there is between ur pls. If you attacked yourself, this doesn't work. If his is higher (and it should be most of the time), the computer asks if you want a boost, and if u do, adds to your pl until you are just a little below your opponents pl. This is your last ditch energy. When you die, its gone, and your recieve a smaller pl boost after dying. If your attackers pl is lower than yours, ur screwed in a sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about we just leave it as is, becuase it;s fine and doesn't need tweaking. People who aren't performing well shouldn't be given advantages, otherwise there won't be as much incentive to become skilled. All this does is unbalance the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
Let me rephrase that...
We make sure the people who are stronger and winning keep on being stronger and winning? Doesn't sound so balanced and fair to me...
lemme rephrase your opinion:
your legs are broken ... your arms also ... but your muscles grow all the time .. grow and grow without doing anything ... you can't get up but you're uberstrong lying there

lemme rephrase my opinion:
you get smacked ... you become weaker ... the stronger guy with more health pwns you ... you respawn and own him ...
what's wrong with this ???

Bihal said:
To get it you have are so low on health, ANY attack will kill you.
erm ... no
the stronger you are, the lesser damage you get ... it your health would eb under 10, you would hide anywhere ... go afk ... wait ... then you would have enough LP to beamspam the whole level ... you could smack other beams easily ... gene beam wouldn't really hurt you

Vejimaru said:
How bout this. When you are about to die, (it gets kinda complicated from here on out), the computer reads the power level of the guy who landed the blow, and gauges how much of a difference there is between ur pls. If you attacked yourself, this doesn't work.
you got it ... that's the way ESF works ... the stronger your opponet is, the more PL you get ... the weaker you are, the more PL you get ... the more you hurt him, the more PL you get
that's how ESF works

Phatslugga said:
How about we just leave it as is
that's what I'm trying to tell them all the time

Best answers
I dunno Phatslugga. You sound like you're worried about someone who's power increases by 1,000 when he's close to dying. Does it scare you that much? I mean, does it make it that harder to kill him? Yeah, it is kind of pointless. But it's kind of pointless now. All it does is encourage people to kill themselves so they can transform/not lose power for ages.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
I dunno Phatslugga. You sound like you're worried about someone who's power increases by 1,000 when he's close to dying. Does it scare you that much? I mean, does it make it that harder to kill him? Yeah, it is kind of pointless. But it's kind of pointless now. All it does is encourage people to kill themselves so they can transform/not lose power for ages.

If people are going to kill themselves they'll kill themselves and it'll take less of a reason than that. Besides, a Pl that is continually dropping will encourage players who are not going to kill themselves to attack immediately as opposed to hiding somewhere so that their power level will be high enough that they can kill anyone with a kame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
Ok, man, where in my post did i say I was scared? Re-read it carefully before you go and say something stupid. The reason that this idea sucks is becuase it's just plain stupid. You don't get advantages for not performing well, that's how it is with everything. If you were late to work and did absolutleny nothing when you got there, do you think your boss would give you a raise? No, which is why you shouldn't get a power boost when you're getting your ass kicked in ESF. God, I don't know how you can argue your point anymore, all you're saying is "Hey well the game should be easier for the people that suck." No, It shouldn't be and if it were like that, we'd all be playing Barny's Hide & seek, a game where no one loses. Is that what you want!?!?!? BARNEY!?!? HUH!?!?!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal be careful of those borderline flames.

Phatslugga, just walk away. Next time.

Since both posts did manage to have on-topic content no warnings will be issued, but you two be careful from now on, kay?

I think this would be an interesting feature to have, but only through server side variables. The default would be to have them off of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a good reason why this idea is pointless is:

if you are low on health you have either just gotten your butt handed to you from a melee god, or you got beamed. either way you wont be living much longer... so it would just be a pointless addon.

another thing to take into consideration, what happens when a melee god gets below 10 hp, odds are you couldnt touch him when he was at full health, so why would you want him to get stronger when he is so close to death?

Best answers
I have been drawing parallels with the show.
Goku got his ass handed to him on a plate by Frieza, and then he beat him.
Cell got his ass handed to him on a plate by Gohan, and then he was stronger than ever.
The show is littered with examples.
And I stil don't think hiding is an issue, when you can, right form the start of the game, teleport from one side of the map to the other and you have a RADAR for gods sake.

Like Miroku said, it's just an interesting idea. It's tiny. It's not going to be game-shattering.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Bihal said:
I have been drawing parallels with the show.
Goku got his ass handed to him on a plate by Frieza, and then he beat him.
Cell got his ass handed to him on a plate by Gohan, and then he was stronger than ever.
The show is littered with examples.
And I stil don't think hiding is an issue, when you can, right form the start of the game, teleport from one side of the map to the other and you have a RADAR for gods sake.

Like Miroku said, it's just an interesting idea. It's tiny. It's not going to be game-shattering.

The show is what your comparing it with. If this was like the show Krillen would be absoloutley useless and Goku well lets just say he would never lose.He would come to the edge of defeat and say I CANT LET YOU WIN and 10 seconds later he would win.In the show the Z fighters can destroy planets with one beam aswell yet thats not in the game. (dont think im flaming but sorry if i did)But comeon you cant compare the game to the show thier are enough threads that have proved it. Maybe a cvar but even then i doubt many people will use it :rolleyes:

Best answers
Actually the idea could fit nicely as a special for a class. For example, if goku's health goes below 20 or so, every time he dmg's an opponent it does a little more than it should. Or his power increases alot for about 20 seconds and then if he doesn't kill the person he goes into an animation of breathing heavily for a few seconds and then continues as normal. That way he gets a 'last breath' bonus for about 20 or so seconds (time of course can change for balancing issues).

An issue with that of course is Goku is already stacked as is. In which case that is true, and the spirit bomb should be more of a last second attack than a power boost.

But i'm sure it could be used for other characters.

Best answers
Personally I think the system is fine as it is. But this idea is not fully developed yet, here is my take on the idea, which i dont see as bad:

-You go to 10 hp or less
-Your PL starts to drop (normal up to now)
- Now if you wish you push a button (dont flame me on this im just explaining)
-If you do, you swoop up to a player (a little faster than normal)
- If you hit him (like in old melee, not combo) you would do more damage than normal, say 30% more (remeber as damage is PL based and your PL is droping you have to attack fast with this or else
you will do less damage)
-Then your characters dies (as the hit would drain you char)
-If you dont hit him you die anyway (you can only swoop once, of course it would have to be a little faster than normal)
-If you dont use this "Final Attack" you keep playing as normal

Now this has to be cvar based, and i think it is balanced enough to not be spammed.
I think this would be fair (and even kinda fun with a rival) in a balanced battle, in battles were you are owning the other guy i dont see how this could do any difference.

But as I said first the system is fine like it is, but i dont see anything wrong with putting this on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom