Important question

Best answers
Hello guys!
I have a really important question, not about esf though.
My hobby is modeling, and i want to work with it later on, so i want to be a professional modeler.
I use blender for modeling and i am learning how to animate and texture in a professional way right now (before i only knew the basics).
But i heared that if i want to get a real job in the future (about 6 years from now) then i should use a more comirsolized software, like 3dsmax.
So my question is:
Can i get a job by using blender?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That will totally depend on the company and if you are able to fit your modelings into the development pipeline. If you take longer with blender or if you are not able to achieve the desired results or if you are unable e.g. to use company internal plugins and / or software you will be more of burden than a gain.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally favor 3D Studio Max, but a lot of people are also into Maya.

Best answers
have you tried blender?
its camera settings and shourcuts is better than any other software, wich makes it easier and faster to model

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that's a matter of personal taste. You can setup virtually any shortcut you want in max as well. However I don't wanna advertise max, you asked me for a recommendation, I gave you one and a reason. Others might agree or concur. I feel pretty comfortable with Max's camera control.

Best answers
I don't wanna advertise max, you asked me for a recommendation, I gave you one and a reason.
yes, i know, you totaly miss understood me. You see, i want to start working with max, but i cant find a reason for why i should do that when every thing in blender(when it comes to modeling) is better than 3dsmax, so i made this thread in order to find that good reason and convince my self to start working with max XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you know that everything in Blender is better than 3ds Max when you haven't even used the other program yet? In the end, outside of a company it all depends on what you prefer using the most. With that being said, most professional game companies prefer 3dsmax or Maya because of plugin support and how more efficiently you can complete what you're working on.

Best answers

How do you know that everything in Blender is better than 3ds Max when you haven't even used the other program yet? In the end, outside of a company it all depends on what you prefer using the most. With that being said, most professional game companies prefer 3dsmax or Maya because of plugin support and how more efficiently you can complete what you're working on.
do you always have to be "the mean guys"?
anyway, 3dsmax was the first modeling software i used, after that i wanted to check out blender and liked it alot more so i stayed with blender.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you always have to be "the mean guys"?
anyway, 3dsmax was the first modeling software i used, after that i wanted to check out blender and liked it alot more so i stayed with blender.
sorry I'm not trying to be mean, but to give you a suggestion, in the end it's up to you whether you try it or leave it :)

Best answers
sorry I'm not trying to be mean, but to give you a suggestion, in the end it's up to you whether you try it or leave it :)
lol what?
you are raven right?
i qouted what damera said, not you

--- edit ---

and, i think i overreacet about what damera said also XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom