Immortality: Gift or Curse?

Best answers
I don't want to be immortal, cuz just because you are immortal doesen't mean that you can do everything. You would still be able to feel pain(I think). And if a world war 3 breaks out cuz of Al-queda or somthing, and they captured my ass and wanted to know the secret behind immortality then i would be ****ed, cuz they would torture me and stuff like that.

Best answers
Dont fear that, you will just outlive them, they will die and they wont torture you forever.
Atleast you wont be bored for 10 years or so. Well depends on if you was tortured before, torture every day for eternity will get also boring, adventualy.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
there's the division means about the "immortarity"

first: roshi style, yes! you can live very long without natural death but still can be slay.

second: remain younger(saiyan) style. the degeneration process would become much slower during the lifetime which you can live in your primary age as long as you still alive. but still killable!!

last: unlimited regenerated style, just like cell/tylant(G-cell)/buu/omega sherron...ect they are truly unkillable which they can regeneration as long as their energy not been consumed. no metter how much damage they been hit they can still survive. in this condition the person can live everywhere without any limitation. that's the most theoretical immortality we were talking about.

Best answers
I would love to be immortal.

I think an immortal would probably greatly benefit mankind... if everyone was immortal, I can see problems arising, but if there was one person, a brilliant scientist, for example, think of all the good they could do in their lifetime. Or, on the flip side of that coin, an immortal murderer, would do a lot of bad **** in his life.

I like to think that immortality is a part of our eventual evolution... I dunno about whether it will be a technological evolution, such as we find a way to overcome ageing and cure most disease, or a natural evolution, where we just naturally develop the mechanisms for immortality.

Still what Bolteh said about hoping for nuclear decimation? Wow, that guy sure is an optimist. I think that's a horribly cynical thing to hope for, not to mention the fact that I'd, y'know, DIE if that happened. Thanks a lot buddy, :eek:.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great, lets all be immortial, then we would eat up our Food resouces 3 times as fast, and we'll get even more overpopulated.......who woulden't want a world full of starving people....:/
if your immortal, you cant starve to death =)

Best answers
I would love to be immortal.

I think an immortal would probably greatly benefit mankind... if everyone was immortal, I can see problems arising, but if there was one person, a brilliant scientist, for example, think of all the good they could do in their lifetime. Or, on the flip side of that coin, an immortal murderer, would do a lot of bad **** in his life.

I like to think that immortality is a part of our eventual evolution... I dunno about whether it will be a technological evolution, such as we find a way to overcome ageing and cure most disease, or a natural evolution, where we just naturally develop the mechanisms for immortality.

Still what Bolteh said about hoping for nuclear decimation? Wow, that guy sure is an optimist. I think that's a horribly cynical thing to hope for, not to mention the fact that I'd, y'know, DIE if that happened. Thanks a lot buddy, :eek:.
I belive you are under estimateing "eternity".
There adventualy will come an end, (well i belive so) and after that point, things are pretty grimm from there on.

But then again, berhaps im to mutch of a pessimist. ;/
(Well either way i dont wish to be immortal.)

But one more thing botherd me, you say bad and good as if that was a some fixed thing.
As i see it, good and bad can only be defined if you take a point to look at things. But at higer ground (as a immortal would be) those things loose theyr meaning.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe there will ever be a definite end. Time is basically a giant circle. If you live long enough, you'll begin to see events repeating themselves over and over. I would assume based on that observation that the Universe would restart itself or be reformed if it were to suddenly or not-so-suddenly be destroyed.

Being immortal doesn't mean that you immediately have a better understanding of all that is. That perception or awareness would come from living for millenia. "Higher Ground" is achieved through life experiences and observations.

Best answers
For those that didn't understand my resetting comment:

I believe that 'our' Earth has the power to 'reset' herself. Whenever things go wrong, or look like they'll go wrong, earth has the power to reset to a previous state. I believe that ice-ages are some form of resetting..

Look at what's happening now, the earth is heating up (we haven't even had any freezing at all in western Europe this year), ice caps are melting, our atmosphere is getting poluted..
At one point, earth will say "no more" and switch over to a new ice-age, killing all sorts of animals (even humans, at least I hope so), killing all or most of the flora, restoring the poles, restoring the atmosphere, ... And evolution can start all over again (or creativisme if you prefer to believe that)..

And Zeonix, I think that you're overrating our race.

Not just western Europe, Eastern Europe as well! I hear that in my home land, Serbia, there's practically no snow whatsoever in this time fo the year, while a couple of years back, u'd get like 3 to 4 feet-high snow. You could barely walk lol.

This is caused by the smoke in the atmosphere (carbon Dioxide). So, no thanks, I don't wanna be still alive when every1 starts to cohke with it. The US, for example, contains a 25% of world's carbon-dioxide in the atmosphere. Scary stuff... o_o

Best answers
I don't believe there will ever be a definite end. Time is basically a giant circle. If you live long enough, you'll begin to see events repeating themselves over and over. I would assume based on that observation that the Universe would restart itself or be reformed if it were to suddenly or not-so-suddenly be destroyed.

Being immortal doesn't mean that you immediately have a better understanding of all that is. That perception or awareness would come from living for millenia. "Higher Ground" is achieved through life experiences and observations.
True, all true, but that higer ground would be logical to achive if one is immortal, then it will learn infinitly -> his wisdom will be great.

And yes i belive things will start again but the time gap between the end and beginning of life (or inteligent life for that matter) is rather long, me thinks.

Best answers
if i was immortal, i would take over the world...yes honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom