IMing users to get threads answered faster.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I don't know if this has been brought to a moderator or administrator's attention, but this has to stop. Normally I don't complain on the integrity of these forums, but this is just getting ridiculous. I have been getting IMs (Mainly AIM), from people on these forums (Mainly new people) saying to answer their thread, or for help with installing ESF. Now I publicize my MSN, AIM, Y!, and ICQ accounts freely on these forums, mainly for the purpose of people to message me to chat about things other than ESF. Now if it comes down to it, I will remove my Contact information from my profile, if it has to come down to it.

Too Everyone: For the sack of keeping sanity among board members, don't email, or IM people constantly saying to answer your thread(s). They will get answered in due time. People are not logged on to these forums 24/7.

I may sound moderish, and if I do. Then warn me, ban me, whatever I don't care. I just want to get this out, because this is getting out of hand.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you dont want people to IM you, then simply remove your contact information. I get IMs all the time, for the same purposes. You can also block any users that you do not wish to instant message you anymore, you can stop it that way. You can even block people from sending you PMs here. Theres always a way around it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We, as the forum moderation team, really cannot do anything about the things the users of the forum do outside the forum. Is a particular person an ass in game but just fine on the forums? Can't do anything about it. Is a person IMing you to get you to reply to their thread? Can't do anything about it. Is someone banned from the IRC chat room? Not banned here.

As MP stated, just remove your contact information if you don't want to be contacted. Just tell the members who become friends your contact information.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so basicaly u put ur info up to have people talk to u and now u complain that they talk to u?

uh huh that makes alot of sense..

If u dont want people to talk to u then dont put ur info up u cant whine that they talk about other things i mean no duh people are gonna talk about esf if thats where they got ur info

thats why their on these boards after all to talk to people who like esf and to talk about esf

sympathy points to you = a big 0

if u dont want to hear from them then take ur info down its that simple

Best answers
Hibiki said:
so basicaly u put ur info up to have people talk to u and now u complain that they talk to u?

If u dont want people to talk to u then dont put ur info up u cant whine that they talk about other things i mean no duh people are gonna talk about esf if thats where they got ur info

thats why their on these boards after all to talk to people who like esf and to talk about esf

he was saying that a lot of the users here im him only to talk to him about ESF or to reply to their thread on the forums....also they im him for esf tech support when they have the forum in front of them for the user to post their problem, i have never had this happen to me but hey lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, im been getting this too, heres most of the messages i get... " OMFG UNKNOWN MAK Me a sIG! IF YOU DONT I GET YOU BANNED FROM ESF FORUM! "...Im not going to even mention that persons name, because hes already banned from here LOL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get any messages from people asking me to post in their thread :(, I must not be special... or maybe I am? ^_^.

Heh. It's kind of funny, you put a ton of contact and expect people not to contact you :/.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I used to get messages from random people asking me some stupid stuff..at first I kind of thought it was cool that people actually took time to talk to me...then these people started talking ot me on a regular basis..yea..I'm talking about Deman >=(

nah..these weird people
(new people) would IM me and ask me stuff..then it got out of hand..so I took my contact info down.. it r sacred O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I have some people that talk to me a lot. I don't mind, they don't usually bug me. But they keep forgetting stuff about me.

I vehemently hate Downloading Grabasses, for example. But Goten will IM me all the time and talk stuff he "got from his friend" and he never seems to remember that I don't like that stuff. Back when we first started talking, he even used to still forget, and ask me for stuff. lol

(Goten, if you're reading this, don't worry man, I'm not hating on you, I just tried to remember a recent example and that downloading thing came to mind...sorry dude.)

Other than that, I like being contacted. I've only had a select priveleged few IM me to talk. Like maybe 6 or 7 total.

The WORST THING EVER was when I made that ****ing gallit gun with the lightning, and the powerup sprite. After I put those up, BOTH TIMES, I got a MASSIVE INFLUX of HORRIBLY DUMB PEOPLE asking me to do ABSURD THINGS. "can u maek me a ssj2 litning ora kthxbye" type of crap.

Then there was that one ****ed who turned it yelled and crammed it into the completely incompatible final flash sprite file, and called it his.

They were all lurkers; people who hang around the board and don't have accounts, but just download people's sprites and models.

And every time I think of them, I thank god that they don't have accounts.

Praise Jesus. lol

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hibiki said:

Firstly, Hibiki, you need to read my post alittle more thoroughly before making a comment like that. Because I specifically mentioned the reason why I posted my contact information, and also specified my complaint.

And yes, I don't mind people talking to me about ESF every now and then, or asking for help on how to install ESF, but talking about it constantly, or contacting me for help constantly, is not what you would call, "communication". I mean that's what the Private Messaging system is for mostly, right?

That's where I am getting at, and I thank the people that actually read my post, and understood where I was getting at. Unlike some people. :rolleyes:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hib's point is still very valid. You cannot just post any contact information on any website without running into people IMing you asking you about the GAME THAT THESE FORUMS ARE MADE FOR. Don't just assume Hibiki didn't read your whole post because he did. Just be glad he didn't pick it all apart to show why no symapthy should be given to you.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I honestly dont think you, out of all the other capable forum users, get so many IMs that it drives you crazy. What would give them the initative to IM you, instead of someone from the forum staff, or any of the other 200 or so forum users who are active.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remove your contact info then, otherwise stop complaining. I don't care, and neither should anyone else. What are they gonna do? Ban users who instant message another user? Be realisitic, pffft. This is such an idiotic thread that I was just forced to post. I hope people start IMing you even more just to piss you off.

Retired
Best answers
owa has a point.

remove your contacts and stop *****ing like a little kid. damnit. what a waste of a thread.

i got these, you know what i did? i wasn't a baby about it. i blocked them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think this topic has just about run its course

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Closerated

This thread is getting worse

STOP *****ING AT HIM, Jesus christ. Grow up all of you.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for fun I should post my SN's password for a day so people can see how much IM trash I get . . .

It's a fact of life, and take it from someone who has 10 windows open from AIM at all hours of the night and day, blocking or using your away messages to screen incoming IMs helps alot.

I have a "stand in line" away message designed to stop people who just want to be Cucumba's freind, or who just want to say hi. That doesn't mean I never answer, just that I selectively choose who I'll reply too.

1337 garauntee's you'll be ignored, as does "OMG LOL"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
note to self: message cuc with things like

"OMG TEH 1337ZORS MUST PLAY TEH ER GAME!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom