NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
definitely more than HL2
That's horrible.

Won't people have an ability to set game's quality to like the one in 1.2.3 in order to get high FPS? You're adding that graphics stuff into the game but graphics has less meaning than the gameplay. So what actually we'll be able to turn off and what not?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's horrible.

Won't people have an ability to set game's quality to like the one in 1.2.3 in order to get high FPS? You're adding that graphics stuff into the game but graphics has less meaning than the gameplay. So what actually we'll be able to turn off and what not?
Are you from the moon or something. We have been saying all shaders and all that are client side and can be toggled at will. But at the moment we need to make the full shaders in order to get them working. After that we can worry about medium quality of the same shader.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Progress > optimization. They'll work on optimizing everything once everything else is pretty much polished.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's very bad:( HL1 modification with such high PC requirements.
You can turn off the fancy graphics, dude. Nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Let's not forget that, even though the graphics are more than awesome for a Half-Life modification, they're not state of the art (at least, I think they aren't.). I think that a machine that can run, say, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time at full graphics, at around 40 fps, can handle all of ESF's current eye-candy. (Correct me if I'm wrong, it's just an assumption, but it really seems that way to me.)

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you from the moon or something. We have been saying all shaders and all that are client side and can be toggled at will. But at the moment we need to make the full shaders in order to get them working. After that we can worry about medium quality of the same shader.
Raven said that ESF will require more resources than HL2. That's why I'm asking if ESF will still require this much if everything is turned off. The question wasn't "Will ESF require more resources than HL2 if everything is set on max?" That's why it's still unclear. So no, I'm not from the moon.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No clue. The first thing that needs to be coded is all on. Then we can experiment with offing stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom