Im back...whats with Tien?

Best answers
Hi everyone. Well I'm finally back from working at camp and I just wanted to know whats going on with Tien? Has there been a winner to the model contest and/or sound contest? Is he still going to be put in 1.3? Anyone know whats going on?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A winner hasnt been choosen yet, and the sprites and sounds arent really going anywhere either.
The models themselves looked done for the most part, so theyre possibly in the process of animating. Dont know since that thread hasnt been updated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but also none of those model reach the requirements of under 1400 polies

Best answers
Me and Maistro had some sounds done, but untill a model is chosen and graded as esf quality there's not too much point. So we're really just waiting for the modellers and animators to show us their progress...

Shijing said:
eclipses tien is being currently skinned by nuttzy then im doing the 213 anims"
This seems to be the only model getting worked on. I guess lack of animators has left the contest down to that Tien :| Let's pray that he is "teh 0ne"

For those who joined the Tien contest and didn't read this :

SonicBoyster said:
I started this contest, and this thread, and I would like an update. We are getting real close to a month without one, and it looks like we'll have to cancel the contest if no one is participating at this point. What is a contest without competition? There have been some nearly-finished models posted in this thread but no clips of animations or any signs that anyone is working on them.

I'll remind you all one last time, this is the opportunity to not only get Tien into the next patch, but to get your work into the game complete with the appropriate credits. Consider this the last bump. If anyone is still working on this project, speak up before this thread fades out for the last time. I would hate to see this opportunity missed for everyone who wants Tien in the game, including myself. If you simply have plans to complete a model at some later date, post those plans, but the window will only remain open for so many months. Take heed.
If you've got any progress post it and keep the contest going! Even more so, if you're an animator up to the challange im sure one of the modellers would be pleased to hear.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everybody wanted a piece of it but nobody had enough initiative to finish it. Unless Eclipse skins that Tien and gets it to Shijing in time there will be no Tien. Remember the team didn't want to code in Tien in the first place but they agreed to let the community do most of the work. If the community doesn't step up it isn't a very encouraging message to send back to the team. A lot of people want Tien in but it's up to us, not them, to get him there.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why just not forget Tien, hes a weakling.

i mean, in the beginning he was maybe a litle strong, but he got owned by Nappa.
After that, he coudn't really hurt anyone.

Except cell, with his kihoko, but he allmost died doing it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is exactly why this may not happen, coz silly little people cant just take it on the chin if somthing happens that they dont want

"IF YOU DONT WANT IT DONT COMPLAIN JUST POST SOMWHERE ELSE OR GO SIT ON YOUR HEAD OR SOMTHING"

anyways id be glad to help i can sprite but id need to test the sprites in game and so on and i dont know how thats gonna happen...

*do not mistake the above as spam or flaming*

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep it on topic or it's warning city.

-Karrde-

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You two watch your tone, I don't appreciate it and it's rude. Nobody asked yourself or flying dutchman for your opinions after the fact. There's a Tien thread in the suggestions forum for your opinions about him, but the fact of the matter is that if his model is finished and animated he will most likely get into ESF, and you can't say the same about virtually any other character that has been suggested in the last couple of years.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ummm did you guys misunderstand my last post..? im all for tien, i was just having a...

dont worry, anyways ? ROX ON TIEN

Best answers
I wouldn't think it would be too hard to incorporate Tien into 1.2.2. His dodon ray would be the same as Piccolo's SBC (yay another one of 'those'). As far as his tri-attack, I think that would be too much work. They would have to make that as the animations for one of the melee combos I'd think. By the way, I think Tien got a lot stronger over the years like Krillin and Yamcha did, reaching about 4 mill PL? Or was it 400k? Anyway, if Krillin is good enough to make it, then I think Tien, being part of the Earth Special Forces, is also good enough. And about not being able to beat Nappa, who COULD beat Nappa at the time besides Goku and Vegeta? Frieza was stronger than both of them, and later, Trunks killed him in one swipe. It's hard to really measure a character's power in comparison to many episodes later. Tien, not really one of the main characters in the series, would probably be the equivalent of Krillin or Yamcha, though probably a bit stronger. He has a third eye after all. :) Anyway, I'm sorry. I just remember this forum was about Tien's progress, and this is more like my opinion on the character. Uhh... got me?

Best answers
You're pretty much right about Dondon ray. Although i would like to see a difference in speed and power between the Special Beam Cannon and Dondon ray.
As for "Tribeam". It's basically a very fast, large projectile that fires only in a straight line uncontrolled. So imagine a larger faster stronger yellow genericball with a longer maximum charge time, which also drains health. (because of the health+only straight line travel Tribeams speed and power would be balanced.)

1.2.2 will be a small bug-fix-patch-bug-fix lol. Better off adding him to 1.3 otherwise he'll get boring.

Erm is there any chance of some WIP progress pictures Eclipse/Nuttzy/Shijing :confused:

Best answers
Flying Dutchman said:
um, yeah, tien sux
Hes technically flaming me, eh? :smile:

Anyways, Tien was stronger than Krillin throughout the series, so technically hes not a weakling if Krillin's in-game.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yes YEs..this is about the contest not about woh's stronger..so let's keep this on topic and I will give you all a piece of candy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, the trybeam isn't exzacly an beam but a verry large instand blast.

anyway, it's time to get tien in the game, it get's borring to have the same chars everytime in every release.

Best answers
Shuyin said:
Erm is there any chance of some WIP progress pictures Eclipse/Nuttzy/Shijing :confused:
Aye, I would be interested in seeing some updates on how the people who decided to try and make Tien are doing. Maybe even just some text imput if no pics? :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom