Right Ive installed Steam, and ESF.
Ive fixed the shortcut.

But...
How do I get the thing to work?

And plz...
no more over 50 meg dls... :no:

Plz? :)

G
yea, it may be that pepole have told you to get steam, but you still need HL.
if you have it though, go to your steam folder and open steam, play games, and find under "3rd party games" ESF. run it, breathe, join a server, get owned, have fun :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
?UNKNOWN? said:
Right Ive installed Steam, and ESF.
Ive fixed the shortcut.

But...
How do I get the thing to work?

And plz...
no more over 50 meg dls... :no:

Plz? :)
To Download Half-life over dial up only took me 30mins

i will explain this to you in exact/common method of installation from start to finish

1. Get steam
2. Get Half-life and when steam has finished getting all the files together for hl , run the half-life hazard course
3. Install esf (1.2.3 full installer or an older 1.2 installer + patches , Run half-life once before you set them up. If you are going to do a patch by patch setup then install the patches in ascending order example : 1.2.1 > 1.2.2 > 1.2.3)

Should work after that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
install steam. get a halflife cd key. make an account with steam.

go to "browse games" "3rd party" click esf. download, download patches, play.

Best answers
well if u already got steam and u already have a cd key for it, just log on half life then just log back off, once you've done that, the hl folder will be there already, and then just install esf again, and get owned like fortnox said :eek:

Best answers
Well, the problem no, is that it keeps on saying my CD Key is invalid...

Best answers
Oh i bet your cd key is invalid then. Buy a new HL1 its like 20 dollars in the US. Dont know if wherever you live what money they use but here its 20 bucks.

Best answers
But a new one?
Stuff it.
Forget it. It was hard enough getting a copy of the game.

Best answers
Well try re-intering the cd key or something. Make sure you are online. I only registered my HL with steam so that they knew i had HL to play. To install HL i never had to enter a cd key. So if someone deletes steam i still have an account with them that they keep track of and i never have to use my cd key again.. which is a good thing cause i lost it lol.

Best answers
Well, it works with HL, but I try to register the game with Steam, and its not recognised...

So wait... are you telling me I DONT need steam to play the game?#

EDIT: Blast I just realised I said ESF, above...
I mean:
"Dont i need the CD Key o play ESF thru Steam?"

Best answers
Grega said:
nope you only nead a CD-key for HL
That's sort of right. You need the CD key that came with your HL game and you need to register it with steam. That's what i did and it was easy i didn't even have to post for help it was so easy because i installed ESF and Steam and HL then registered HL with steam by clicking register product and then i clicked ESF and it worked.

Best answers
Well, Steam says my Key is invalid, HL doesnt...

And, for stupidities, I installed in this order:

HL
ESF
Steam

Best answers
try doing this order of installing: HL,Steam,ESF. Just keep trying to register your cd key. Or open your steam and sign on then click play games, then under where it says my games click HL and it should set it up for you. U might not even need a cd key.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you might want to try using valve's cd-key replacement policy to obtain a new key. I belive you have to pay some money (I could be wrong) and proof of purchase

Best answers
Hmmm... If you bought the HL platinum collectors edition that comes with 5 games you might have gotten the cd cases mixed up because they are all in little paper cd cases so if you got the platinum edition try all of the cd keys that came with the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom