If you were in charge of DB:E...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Who would you cast as Goku?

Basically, I know a lot of people are unsatisfied with the Dragonball film's cast, among other things. I wonder to myself, if not Chatwin, then who exists that could ideally portray such a role as Goku?

So really, I'd like to hear what you guys think is ideal. An accompanying picture would be appreciated as well. Other characters are fine too.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably go with Tom Welling :yes:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'd cancel the making of it, and save myself some money.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd write goku out of the show and replace him with a highschool kid who finds out that there are these things called dragonballs, and trains with a mr. miogi type figure and encounters some hot woman who shoots before thinking, some asian looking guy who can flip around and kick ass in a street fight and they all goes and fights this green dude because the green dude is gonna do naughty things with em balls.

Yeah totally what I'd do if I could.

Best answers
I would rather investe the money in a Z anime sequel taking GT out of the equation and think of a good and inspiring story.... things Dragonball never had...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I were in charge of Dragon Ball: Evolution, I'd make sure it never saw the light of day.

Jeez, just let Dragon Ball die.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Man this movie is going to kick so much ass, they should have cast Aaaaahnold to be goku though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd probably go with Tom Welling :yes:
The horrible actor from Smallville? Please tell me you're joking.

I'd go with Christian Bale, but he's currently doing Killing Pablo which is going to be so much better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tom Welling? *looks up*

The guy from Smallville? I sorta' see where you're going with that, he doesn't look bad. But it would feel a bit weird for Superman to play Goku...

To everyone else...Jesus Christ...MUST we have the sarcasm?? I was hoping for a serious, fun and enlightening pitching of varied ideas, not all this sarcastic bull****. You know, why do I even bother? If you can't be civil, then why would you post?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could lie and say that there's something worth salvaging from the movie, but there isn't. It's going to be terrible, not just from a fan perspective either, it's going to be a bad action movie with a terrible plot, bad choreography and dire direction.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how they were pressured to seperate it from the DB universe by adding 'Evolution' and making Piccolo look more green now.

I would be worried about a purist vs evolutionist(wip?) debate everytime the topic of this film came up... but, this movie shows exactly what's wrong with Hollywood.

They want the girls to oogle at Goku, and the guys to see Bulma, Mai, etc as cheap whores.

GOTTA LUV IT!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would cancel production of the film, I don't know how changing the actor for Goku could make the movie any less of a failure.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd make the movie in CG.

either that or i'd go watch the matrix films on the biggest screen ever made.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that it would be weird for Tom Welling to play Goku.
It could be the best fit,anyhow.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Do they even go serious well-choreographed fights in smallville or it is like the low action level that Heroes had in the first 2 seasons (I didn't see season 3 yet so I can't judge)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smallville is like if you took a (obvious) 30 year old dude and made him play a 15 year old. The first two seasons (which is all I've cared to watch) wouldn't have been so bad if the acting wasn't ****ing terrible. Every other line of dialogue makes me cringe and sometimes the episode plots are so stupid you just can't take them seriously.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smallville is like if you took a (obvious) 30 year old dude and made him play a 15 year old. The first two seasons (which is all I've cared to watch) wouldn't have been so bad if the acting wasn't ****ing terrible. Every other line of dialogue makes me cringe and sometimes the episode plots are so stupid you just can't take them seriously.
The thing is we were talking about the guy, not the TVshow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, if you're not going to stay on the ****ing topic, then get the **** out of my thread! I didn't make this topic to talk about how you all ***** about the movie, I get enough of that **** in the trailer threads, but no, none of you have any self control and just have to ream it more and more even though that is NOT what the ****ing topic of the discussion is!! I made this to discuss what live-action actor would you prefer to play Goku IN THE IDEAL LIVE ACTION DB FILM! NOT necessarily THIS film, but the IDEAL film! I wanted to reach out to you guys a little, hear your thoughts without hearing "omg, DBE suxxorrzz" in 50 languages. I thought this could be FUN! But no! None of you can ****ing handle it! So just leave!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of the other live action films will suck because of DB:E, though.

Edit:

No need to flip out, man.

I made this to discuss what live-action actor would you prefer to play Goku IN THE IDEAL LIVE ACTION DB FILM! NOT necessarily THIS film, but the IDEAL film!
You did mention DB:E, so people automatically assumed that this thread would be about... DB:E. Also, if this thread is only about who would be Goku, then this thread is dumb. Let people say what they want to say about the crappy film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom