If Dissing your buddy isn't good enough...Add a point system! :D

Best answers
So I go to quite a few LAN's with a very small group of guys. We are all close friendsd and when we are getting our game on there is always a fair amount of trashtalk and ribbing going around so....since I have no life and nothing better to do, I designed a point system to go along with it. each person keeps track of there points and see who racks up the most and at who's expense...here it is.

Al's Ultimate Burn Point System:

-1st Degree Burn: (10pts) "Queer"

-Unblockable: (15pts) Insulting someone when they aren't paying attention or can't defend themselves

-2nd Degree Burn: (20pts) "Your ***." "no I'm not!" "Well your ******* is!"

-Assist: (20pts) Picking up on someone elses 2nd or 3rd degree burn before them or grabbing a Playmaker

-Playmaker: (15pts) Setting someone up for an assist puposely, plus 5 pts if they pull it off.

-Come back: (5pts) just your average comeback

-Comeback 2nd: (10pts) Comeback that makes people laugh or puts your opponent on the defensive.

-Momma Jokes: (+5pts) Figure it out

-Homerun: (25pts) Someone asks you for serious advice and you insult them good, "Does this dress make me look ugly?" "No your face does."

-Pin Set: (-5pts) A minor version of opening yourself up to insult

-Rack 'em up: (-10pts) Walking full force into and insult, making yourself entirely vulnerable

-Tag Team: (10pts) 2 people against 1

-Teamwork: (+5pts) for each additional member, same person can't insult twice in a row

-Alley Oop: (25pts) Sending up a tough to grab playmaker, -10 pts if it's not slammed.

-Slam Dunk: (25pts) Slamming an Alley Oop home

-Electrical Burn: (50pts) A specially designed burn only appreciated by geeks and gamers. Must pertain to computers or games "Thats what you get for standing still." "I wasn't standing still!" "Well my targeting reticle says otherwise."

-Electrical Fire: +5pts for each person past 2 that gets it and laughs/applauses

*All points are cummulative*

*Anything beyond a 2nd degree burn just add 10 points for each additional burn*

*MOST IMPORTANT! Have fun with it and be careful not to cross any lines. It's a friendly game*

C&C It's not entirely finished but I think it's a good start....Enjoy!

Best answers
He got hungry...and so he got a spoon and lost 1/6 of his brain..... Know what i mean ;)

Best answers
I can see this becoming a universal system, if properly implimented.

Help: what's the damage?

FriendyPerson101 (4:28:55 PM): but i wanna get one all by myself
FriendyPerson101 (4:29:00 PM): i'm a big girl, you know
1337C4n1n3 (4:29:07 PM): some would say huge
FriendyPerson101 = Heavy-set girl :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Taurus 2112 said:
So I go to quite a few LAN's with a very small group of guys. We are all close friendsd and when we are getting our game on there is always a fair amount of trashtalk and ribbing going around so....since I have no life and nothing better to do, I designed a point system to go along with it. each person keeps track of there points and see who racks up the most and at who's expense...here it is.

Al's Ultimate Burn Point System:

-1st Degree Burn: (10pts) "Queer"

-Unblockable: (15pts) Insulting someone when they aren't paying attention or can't defend themselves

-2nd Degree Burn: (20pts) "Your ***." "no I'm not!" "Well your ******* is!"

-Assist: (20pts) Picking up on someone elses 2nd or 3rd degree burn
before them or grabbing a Playmaker

-Playmaker: (15pts) Setting someone up for an assist puposely, plus 5 pts if they pull it off.

-Come back: (5pts) just your average comeback

-Comeback 2nd: (10pts) Comeback that makes people laugh or puts your opponent on the defensive.

-Momma Jokes: (+5pts) Figure it out

-Homerun: (25pts) Someone asks you for serious advice and you insult them good, "Does this dress make me look ugly?" "No your face does."

-Pin Set: (-5pts) A minor version of opening yourself up to insult

-Rack 'em up: (-10pts) Walking full force into and insult, making yourself entirely vulnerable

-Tag Team: (10pts) 2 people against 1

-Teamwork: (+5pts) for each additional member, same person can't insult twice in a row

-Alley Oop: (25pts) Sending up a tough to grab playmaker, -10 pts if it's not slammed.

-Slam Dunk: (25pts) Slamming an Alley Oop home

-Electrical Burn: (50pts) A specially designed burn only appreciated by geeks and gamers. Must pertain to computers or games "Thats what you get for standing still." "I wasn't standing still!" "Well my targeting reticle says otherwise."

-Electrical Fire: +5pts for each person past 2 that gets it and laughs/applauses

*All points are cummulative*

*Anything beyond a 2nd degree burn just add 10 points for each additional burn*

*MOST IMPORTANT! Have fun with it and be careful not to cross any lines. It's a friendly game*

C&C It's not entirely finished but I think it's a good start....Enjoy!
I see no 3rd degree burn. :scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that if I said some of those things, I would have to staple a pair of glasses to my head.

Best answers
bonuses? there should be deductions for that you bastard

there is no need for a points system with me and my friends, you know when you get it, and you know when you give it, simply by the reaction you get from other friends

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim said:
bonuses? there should be deductions for that you bastard
Brim, there is no reason to get vulgar over a pointless, yet harmless idea.

I'm sorry, but I got to give you a warning.

Best answers
In response to Wolf Devils post:

Friendly girl gets: -5pts for a pin set &

Leet Canine (1337C4n1n3) gets: 25pts for a home run

:) see how easy it is :)

and blocks will be coming...it's not finished

*edit* a 3rd degree burn would be an insult after a second comeback or retort...this system favors chain insults where its a constant barage and you always have something for them despite there comeback or defense

Best answers
I never diss my friends, nor get dissed... I mean wtf is this? Why are you insulting your friends? Wtf kinda friend are you really? If someone insults another when i'm hanging out, they just get a funny look and get back to there conversation. I just dont get it... Oh wait maybe i do.. Its something called maturity :rolleyes:

and wolf devil, what the score really is:

You: the title of ******* for insulting your larger friend. Sorry, we cant all be as perfectly shaped as you are. Maybe someday research will find a cure for that damn decease called "uniqueness".

Best answers
Actually, I'm heavy-set, too o_O

Is there a cure for your assumptions?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok... this thread is obviously turning into flame war. I mean the basis of the thread insights a flame war.

I'm going to try and get this closed.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
I never diss my friends, nor get dissed... I mean wtf is this? Why are you insulting your friends? Wtf kinda friend are you really? If someone insults another when i'm hanging out, they just get a funny look and get back to there conversation. I just dont get it... Oh wait maybe i do.. Its something called maturity :rolleyes:

and wolf devil, what the score really is:

You: the title of ******* for insulting your larger friend. Sorry, we cant all be as perfectly shaped as you are. Maybe someday research will find a cure for that damn decease called "uniqueness".
They're not insults to try and bring down a friend, but just poking fun at eachother. Happens a lot, especially at the wee hours of a LAN party. But a person should know their friends well enough to know what is and isn't out of the bounds, and should be ready to apologize and make up for it if they happen to accidently take a wayward step.

I think it's an interesting concept, though worrying about points all the time makes it seems like it's detracting from the original purpose of insulting a friend, to have fun.

ERm... woops, sorry Hwo, didn't realize that you were looking to get this closed. Looks like somebody else did. :( I was hoping it wouldn't have to be.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure this needed closing so much as it needed cleansing . . . some of the people that posted in this thread need to grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom