Idle flying

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi everyone, haven't made a suggestion in years just had something small pop up in my mind.

Why not make it that when you are idling in the air(flying but not moving) let the character swerve around instead of being totally static.

A good real life example would be a harrier jet (vertical take off planes) where they don't rise perfectly in the air, they have a kind of swerve in their lift off.

So when you are close to the ground you can see a bit of movement from your base position. I don't know if such a thing would be too much effort to implement(programming wise) but I would enjoy some small effects like this for added eye candy if you know what I mean.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

<tbody id="chats">
</tbody>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds more along the lines of the Animation side to me over the coding side. Though you could code that in as well but it would be more of a shove then a move.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see, so you're saying it won't look very smooth when floating around? I could imagine that you have to set some corners, but can't you get a way to slow it down before them so that the transition becomes smooth. I haven't animated in years so I cant quite remember the correct terminology.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I am not saying it won't be smooth. The animator's skill is what makes animations smooth and the animators here are amazingly good at making smooth animations.

I am sure they could make it work but that might mean including 3 animations more as well. Maybe less or maybe more.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes saying that its smoother with animations rather than though code.

And i agree. Animations should make it look nicer.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I would like to see something different, but relevant. While having the idle animation(although I think it's going to be alot of work to animate it for all those characters), you let the player float down to the earth steadily while your ki decreases. So you don't drop to the ground imediatly, but steady depending on the amount of KI you have and the distance to the ground. (should be a simple mathematical equation).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki shouldn't decrease while simply flying unless you're Videl. And there's no such character in ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom